Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Staffer!

NewCalamity
Message added by Simon,

Heads up: this thread is to ask whatever sorts of questions you may have to staff, but this is not the right place to give actual feedback or more serious questions for the staff. Anything posted here is subject to receive a silly response!

To send the site positive or negative feedback, try making a thread in the Feedback forum.

For questions or technical issues about MLPForums, check out the Site Questions forum.

Or if you have an issue best discussed in private, consider submitting a support ticket here.

On 2023-08-19 at 11:35 AM, Silky The Smoll said:

It’s funny in an of itself hahahah I also really love silk. Good for your skin and hair :grin: 

but the origin is actually from Star Silk, my unoriginal name for my OC at the time hahah 

the theory is that the golden streaks in her hair were from silk of the stars that she craftily weaves for her potions :3 

then, my friend @Aticus the Adequate had to go and add *another* layer to this name by saying it’s also tied to the “steel in silk” phrase where someone is soft - but do not mess with them, they’re not weak. 

It’s so interesting how friends add so much dimension to one’s life :laugh:

Ok now let’s pester Aticus on this thread :pout:

Btw, fun story, when Aticus made that reference.. I ended up looking up the phrase and the first thing that came up was a quote from Twilight Sparkle even thought the site was not based on ponies at all haha I love how uncanny that was XD 

image.png

Yep, this was very much an idea held about women in particular in the past. In many cultures, though they were expected to be demure and submissive, they were also expected to be strong willed and even somewhat fierce underneath it! I think in your case, it gets very literal. Silky and warm coverings but my goodness, you are headstrong and that's more than admirable ;) See, names have LAYERS. Just like onions!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why did I not recieve an invitation from the Princess Luna or the Pinkie Pie fan club yet? I'm ready to forgive the Pinkie Pie fan club, but the Princess Luna fan club! How dare they forget that I exist?! I WANT NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!!! WHERE ARE THEY?! :glimmer:

1 hour ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Why did I not recieve an invitation from the Princess Luna or the Pinkie Pie fan club yet? I'm ready to forgive the Pinkie Pie fan club, but the Princess Luna fan club! How dare they forget that I exist?! I WANT NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!!! WHERE ARE THEY?! :glimmer:

That fan club is open and is not the same club as ours...:mlp_wat:

Those things have been dare ages... Where have ya been?

@Steve Piranha practically own that domain

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

I didn't know that there were clubs before I created my own! :Cozy:

*Shiny would try to make a secret hoofshake on @StrawberryMilk Simp so he tells her how she can access the clubs.*

Wink wink! ;)

17 minutes ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

Cute horse pictures won’t post by themselves :oh_golly:

• Excited 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2023-11-12 at 8:37 PM, Shiny Silvermoon said:

How are you guys doing such a great job? :winking-izzy:

We hire people randomly, and from time to time we find someone who actually knows what to do! :pinkie:

On 2023-12-18 at 9:24 PM, Kramathia said:

post-18984-0-83010300-1418492410.gif Have you ever considered your role too difficult sometime?

Somehow, we find it difficult to keep up with this thread. :lie:

• smile 1

30 minutes ago, Nitobit said:

We hire people randomly, and from time to time we find someone who actually knows what to do! :pinkie:

eenie meenie miney mo, three-card monte or guess which hand? :devious:/:P

Edited by Sparklefan1234