Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wanting to be a Pony

morethanicecream

(edited)

I remember about 3 years ago I was obsessed with DW , I'd always wanted to be a Timelord, in a tardis. I've never really thought that way about ponies though.

Edited by --Eve--
  • Brohoof 1

Be a pony in Equestria? Yeah, I'd be on it like a car bonnet.

It's an idyllic life, very little conflict, no poverty so far as I can tell. Incredible natural beauty. None of the grinding day by day erosion of any sense of self, any spark of happiness, any sense of wonder that we all too often find in the real world.

So yeah, sign me up.

If it's in Equestria, why the buck not?

The only thing I would probably miss is my computer, but I will actually have friends to do stuff with.

• Brohoof 1

Now, please keep in mind that Equestria isn't an Utopia (A world with no Sadness/fear/worries) if that were the case it'd be more G 3.5 were there were no problems.....at all....

I was bullied from Kindergarten all the way to 5th grade, I still get picked on and I'm already going to high school, my parents divorced, I've been shunned from my mom's side of the family for staying with my dad, I've received many threats from people at school, and many kids bother me by asking me about something, I still look at the good side of things, I've always had that kid like attitude, and positiveness, even though I'm pretty miserable in the inside there's no point in making others now that....

Anyways....

Pony in Equestria = Pretty awesome

Pony in real world = .Eeughh...... na'h

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If I had the ability to transform back and forth between human and pony (Like in LoZ Twilight Princess, except with human and wolf), then that would be fine.

It would be pretty cool in a way.

Edited by SUPERFOX5

Of course I've dreamed of being a pony in Equestria. No automobiles, a fair but not obsessive reliance on technology (plus the magic makes it complete!), and having to move everything by the mouth or an awkward hoof is quite intriguing. And of course, the residents are fascinating.

Now, please keep in mind that Equestria isn't an Utopia (A world with no Sadness/fear/worries) if that were the case it'd be more G 3.5 were there were no problems.....at all....

I was bullied from Kindergarten all the way to 5th grade, I still get picked on and I'm already going to high school, my parents divorced, I've been shunned from my mom's side of the family for staying with my dad, I've received many threats from people at school, and many kids bother me by asking me about something, I still look at the good side of things, I've always had that kid like attitude, and positiveness, even though I'm pretty miserable in the inside there's no point in making others now that....

Anyways....

Pony in Equestria = Pretty awesome

Pony in real world = .Eeughh...... na'h

Yep, happy on the outside dying on the inside, released my pain after school during night, cried for abou the entire night

I wouldn't mind being a pony if it were in Equestria, but I would like the ability to go back and forth between that world and this world. But I would know this: a pony isn't the species that I feel I am, and it never will be. I'm not quite comfortable with the way I am either, but it's what I'm most used to. Being human. If I could get used to being a pony in Equestria, and everyone I knew and cared about came with me, then I guess it wouldn't be so bad though. Would not mind that. It does have magic that I could use, and I've always been rather fond of sorcery and magic. (I'd be a unicorn, of course.) Might be a smidge preferable. I'm okay in either here or there though.

Yep, happy on the outside dying on the inside, released my pain after school during night, cried for abou the entire night

I used to think that I got over all that sadness, and anger easily, but really it just took one little thing to light my fuse xD

Once it happened during school, so my friend was pretty darn scared, but I'm not always miserable in the inside, or I just don't realize that xD

I've given thought to the notion. It's one of those "wouldn't mind it if it happened" things, rather than something I would actively seek out. It would be cool to fly and control the weather. Optimally I'd actually be in Equestria. It would suck to be the only pegasus pony on earth!

Nawwwww I like being a human. I was put on earth for a reason. If I was supposed to be a pony, I would be. Plus humans have the interwebz!

Completely off topic, but is your name a reference to Fallout Equestria? :P Apple Smack is my favorite character.

Become a pony? Where the hell do I sign?! I mean, I would feel bad leaving my family and friends though. If I could live in Equestria while I'm sleeping and my astral body is separated from my physical one, that would be ideal. :D

• Brohoof 1

I'd clear the skies...

No, Thats RD's job. Fine, I'd chase Glaze around trying to record a track with him. But yeah, I'd love to be a pony. My OC, To be exact.

Hm... Let's see, I wanted to be a Koopa, then I wanted to be a super hero, then I wanted to be a wizard and go to Hogwarts, then I wanted to be a wolf, a big predator-bird of some kind, a ninja, a telekinetic mass murderer/some sort of psycothic overlord ruler, and eventually live in Hyrule.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/100/5/c/fluttershy_filly__coloured__by_speccysy-d3do108.jpg

(warning: caps-lock incoming) FUK DAT SHIT CREATE A PORTAL TO EQUESTRIA ALREDI!!!

Ive never actually thought about what it would be like to be a pony in Equestria. I haven't had any bullies, beatings, depression, or anything of the like, though. I guess it could be pretty cool. Everypony nice and whatnot and I would totally be a freaking awesome unicorn! X3

Yes. What you said. But I would be a pegasus. WEATHER. CONTROLLERS. YAY. YAY FOR PONIES. YAY. *insert one more yay here*

Hm... Let's see, I wanted to be a Koopa, then I wanted to be a super hero, then I wanted to be a wizard and go to Hogwarts, then I wanted to be a wolf, a big predator-bird of some kind, a ninja, a telekinetic mass murderer/some sort of psycothic overlord ruler, and eventually live in Hyrule.

http://fc06.devianta...ysy-d3do108.jpg

(warning: caps-lock incoming) FUK DAT SHIT CREATE A PORTAL TO EQUESTRIA ALREDI!!!

I clicked the link. After holding my breath, I finally let it out and screamed "D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!"

Become a pony? Where the hell do I sign?! I mean, I would feel bad leaving my family and friends though. If I could live in Equestria while I'm sleeping and my astral body is separated from my physical one, that would be ideal. :D

Well, what if you could have your friends and family be ponies (except that your family and friends would never fight, well if you did, you guys would forgive each other in about a day.)

This happened to me as well. When I finished watching at least the first five episodes of the show, I felt the urge to become part of the story, part of all that cuteness and part of the awesomely designed characters.

It's something that comes when we find happiness in a game, a book, a show... And we want to become part of all that happiness, we want to feel what the characters are feeling.

This just reinforces the fact that our imagination is capable of creating imaginary worlds that are much more appealing to us than our ordinary Earth...

Who wouldn't want to live in a Utopia-like world? Not a perfect society, sure, but the darned closest thing that's possible.

I especially love how Ponyville is set-up. Small population, all closely gathered, they walk everywhere, pop in and say hello, all of it is just wonderful.

Lol, I've even had one of my friend's mom's say she hates it when people come by without calling first, and she's a nice person, too. What kind of nonsense is this world coming to?

Well, no matter, we make this world what it is, and I hope MLP:FiM will kind of be a spark that starts a moral uprising in western culture. I mean, you'd be shocked how many of us there are, and if we live like we're in Equestria, all of us, the influence would be surprisingly tremendous, especially if we keep it up for decades.

Anyways, while life in Equestria would be wonderful, at the same time, life was never meant to be easy. I see it as a time for improvement of character. I used to be such a bratty, mean, spoiled, bad-mouthed kid. If it wasn't for all the crap I've gone through, I would still be that way.

With my religious views, life is kind of a preparation for an Equestria-like afterlife.

After all, if we just dumped everyone into Equestria, then Equestria would become just as bad as this world. So we have to change if we're ever going to go there, we have to be Equestrians before going, or it'll never happen.

Hmm, as for being a pony, Equestria aside? While I love flight to an extreme amount, building a flying machine would be an absolutely wonderful challenge with the knowledge I have, and I might actually prefer being a unicorn. If I were a pegasus, I'd probably spend my whole life wondering what it's like to have magic. If I were a unicorn, I'd spend my life wondering what it's like to fly as a pegasus, except I'd be able to use a machine to fly, too.

But you can't use a machine to do telekinesis, or teleport ;)

Not to mention - not having hands! Oh how useful telekinesis would be!!!

But as long as it's a cartoon one, not the somewhat smelly and not-so-cute real ones, then I'd be perfectly fine being a pony. It'd be a cool novelty for awhile, to be sure, having a different body.

Assuming I wouldn't have to re-learn muscular control because it's a new body and all. It wouldn't be fun re-learning how to walk, talk, and... uh, other things. :mellow:

But yeah, there are times I've dreamt of going there. In fact, I often try to shape my dreams that way as I fall asleep, by imagining it. If It's worked, I don't remember :/

But I don't think I'd leave this world to do that, not until I naturally die, anyways. I feel like I can do something to better the world, even if all I do is just be here and be nice, because this world, the one that's not Equestrian, needs to become more like Equestria, needs to become better. There's a mission to be done, to teach people how to live that way, and show them how great it could be, and I honestly want the world to be better because I think people need it, people like you and many others.

So I'll stick around and help this world out for as long as I live, and going to try to enjoy it as much as I can. Life's an adventure: But an adventure also means you're getting something done, and you're away from "home".

I've got plenty of time to live. In fact, I've got my entire life. Living in a wonderful world will just have to wait for it's turn. In the long run it's all pretty insignificant compared to eternity.

>Do you want to be a unicorn that capable of slicing someone's neck with nifty magic?

Oh hell yes.

I'm sure secretly wishing to be something else is normal and almost everyone already done that in their own moments. But me wanting to be ponies to befriend someone from the show, never done that. If that thing ever happened, I would be too busy playing with my newfound body to give a damn about everything else :P

If that's your first thought, then Equestria wouldn't be "Equestria" very long with you there :huh:

Way to introduce the concept of murder to a peaceful and idealistic populace :mellow:

I was in a deep depression when I first started watching MLP:FiM. My life was miserable and there wasn't a lot of smiles in my life. And seeing the pony world, of course I thought about how nice it would be to join them. Watching their paradise, if someone was feeling down there were always someone to cheer them up. But later I found the brony community, and after being on this forum for a while I realized: "This is just like Equestria!" Everyone here cares for each other and I almost never see anger here. The majority of people here are happy. So now when I feel that I want to live in Equestria, I just log in here :)

That was exactly my thought when I first discovered brony groups. I think Equestria serves as an awesome role model, and it really goes to show, that "Equestria on Earth" isn't impossible, it's a choice.

Every moment, of every day, what do you do? Do you help others, try to be kind and uplift? Work hard and accomplish? If so, then you make the world a little closer to Equestria, and if everyone were like you, it would be.

But anyways, I loved the place at first, it's a little discouraging when you have such different fundamental views and beliefs as everypony, but no matter, it's still an awesome group here, lots of great and kind ponies.

:D

Posted Image

I would like to have ponies for like riding, I already know some good names for them, but I wouldn't want to be one...

*Ahem* I made a quick graphic to illustrate a point.

Pay attention:

post-1477-0-36137700-1343503316_thumb.png

Not anything against ponies IRL... It's just despite them being nice, strong yet gentle animals that so many love... I've always found them to be a bit smelly, and certainly not quiet as cute, intelligent, or characterized as the ponies from MLP:FiM.

Once again, not anything against IRL ponies... Just FiM ponies are better.

Oh, and for the record, they're about 3'6" tall, which is about a meter and 15 centimeters, if you use metric.

Be a pony in Equestria? Yeah, I'd be on it like a car bonnet.

It's an idyllic life, very little conflict, no poverty so far as I can tell. Incredible natural beauty. None of the grinding day by day erosion of any sense of self, any spark of happiness, any sense of wonder that we all too often find in the real world.

So yeah, sign me up.

Thus is my obsession with aerospace. Space is kinda like the one part of real life that really has fantastic, exciting, wonderous, hopeful and adventurous qualities.

And despite the Shuttle's retirement, because private businesses are getting involved, space is rapidly becoming cheaper and more common.

If you don't believe this is the dawn of a sci-fi age, then take a look at this!

http://www.planetaryresources.com/

That is a real company, for real. Google it if you don't believe me. "Planetary Resources".

Also, entrepreneurs like Elon Musk, actually enter the industry with the goal of colonizing Mars. We haven't done it since 1970 because of NASA politics and buerocracy, but private companies, one of which just recently sent a payload to the space station for the first time, are free of both of those things, and can get the same job done, do it more than twice as well, innovate along the way, do it in less time, and at 1/10th the cost. Repeatedly SpaceX, the company that Elon Musk is the CEO of, has broken records and blown minds of industry experts, and made pessimists look stupid.

People working in his company have said, often they'll say something like: "We can improve performance of this part by 3x", and Musk will reply: "Make it 10x", and "The figure will usually be much closer to his", so while he can over-aim, it usually isn't by much.

I would expect first humans on Mars by 2035, and first private settlers by 2050, with a full-fledged colony developing within our own lifetime.

Why? The exact same reason we want to go to Equestria. People who want to start a new life and build a better world. If only one of a million pay and sign up, then that's still more than 7,000 customers, enough to make a profit off of.

Has anyone has this feeling that they want to be a pony in MLP FiM, or want to be a main character. I do. Ever since I was a brony. The reason why I want to be a pony is brcause I was emotionally bullied. No one should have gone through this. I even have occasional dreams of having embarresing pictures posted to facebook by the people who bullied me. People that were in my Applied Christianity class (people who were the top Christians, the people that were to treat everybody nice) bullied me to the point where I thought God stepped in and wanted me to go to a different school (was super happy that I got in, if not, suicide probably would of happened). I am still depressed, no one knows about it. Has anyone gone through the same thing, and wanted to be a pony, and have the nicest friends like Twillight Sparkle.

That's why I look forward to college so much. I'll be going just in a few weeks, and I'm just praying I'll meet someone awesome like that.

Loneliness can't last forever, and at the very least for now, there's us. Interesting group here to be sure, from guys who've been in the military for many years to ponies obsessed with rocket engineering and space to timid Fluttershy-like pegasisters to Pinkie Pie's.

We're here for you, and there's even a "life advice" forum for real personal issues. No need to ever think of yourself as "truly alone".

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

If that's your first thought, then Equestria wouldn't be "Equestria" very long with you there :huh:

Way to introduce the concept of murder to a peaceful and idealistic populace :mellow:

There's nothing you need to know about me other than the fact that I love to laugh

Taken from my profile page.

I want to go to Equestria not because I want to escape this horrid earth. I want to go there because in that world, I can be as weird as I would like, without drawing too much negative consequences from my actions. I want to experience the most this life could offer, and I often find my unfortunate situation as a damn poor man in a third world country very unsatisfactory.

As Equestrian, you still have everything about your sentience and prehensile limbs, but as a bonus you can easily survive from the nature itself.

Hungry? Nibble some grass

Thirsty? They got lots of open water

Want to sleep? Just curl up behind somepony's house

If I'm lucky and I got a Unicorn body, you will soon find me running headfirst to something deadly :D

• Brohoof 2

I wish that I could be a pony (or pegasis or unicorn) whenever I feel like it. Sometimes when I feel like all my friends hate me I just want to trot into Equestria and prance about with Fluttershy :)

*Ahem* I made a quick graphic to illustrate a point.

Pay attention:

post-1477-0-36137700-1343503316_thumb.png

Not anything against ponies IRL... It's just despite them being nice, strong yet gentle animals that so many love... I've always found them to be a bit smelly, and certainly not quiet as cute, intelligent, or characterized as the ponies from MLP:FiM.

Once again, not anything against IRL ponies... Just FiM ponies are better.

Oh, and for the record, they're about 3'6" tall, which is about a meter and 15 centimeters, if you use metric.

One metre and fifteen centimetres tall?!? I want one! I hadn't thought of how big they would be in real life before...it's interesting...and uber cute :)

(edited)

My life was pretty much a wreck and my dreams of being a soldier is totally ruined. So I'd totally love to be Octavia and live in Equestria. Besides that way, we can all forget about warfare and corruption in humanity.

Edited by SnowPegasus