Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sharing MLP: FIM with friends?

Gone Airbourne

I have been thinking for a while now... If I wanted to show a episode to some of my friends what would be the best way to go about showing them?

When you tried showing an episode to a friend what was their reaction?

Or what was their reaction to you being a brony??

I once showed a bunch of classmates the first episode, during class even. I payed them $10 a piece. It was the last day of school, so I don't know if it converted any of them, but they seemed genuinely surprised at how 'not bad' it was. As far as I'm concerned, that's money well spent. Honestly though, I wouldn't recommend paying anyone to watch it, and, though I am rather bad on this, don't pressure them too much either. You liking it will be enough reason for them to watch it... Eventually. All it needs is time.

• Brohoof 2

Well before I even showed any of my friends an episode I showed them "PONIES the Anthology". It made the friend I showed it to want to check out the show. Then I just showed him all eps in order.

I once showed a bunch of classmates the first episode, during class even. I payed them $10 a piece. It was the last day of school, so I don't know if it converted any of them, but they seemed genuinely surprised at how 'not bad' it was. As far as I'm concerned, that's money well spent. Honestly though, I wouldn't recommend paying anyone to watch it, and, though I am rather bad on this, don't pressure them too much either. You liking it will be enough reason for them to watch it... Eventually. All it needs is time.

Oh yeah no pressuring for sure! But nice haha I'd love to have been in the classroom watching xD But anyways nice!

My friends were freaked out and stay away from me now so i kinda regret telling them but my friends are total jerks. If you trust them then go for it! I told them when we was alone on in school one day. I showed them season 1 episode 16 because that one was my faveourite at the time. :)

• Brohoof 3

My friends were freaked out and stay away from me now so i kinda regret telling them but my friends are total jerks. If you trust them then go for it! I told them when we was alone on in school one day. I showed them season 1 episode 16 because that one was my faveourite at the time. :)

Hah! I bet you some went home & were like 0.o no one is home.... Time to check this show out 0_0 - 6 hours later finishes season one lol. But hat's off to you for showing them.

I showed Sonic Rainboom and Lesson Zero to one of my friend. He said he liked it but he thinks the end is kind of childish. I showed Return of Harmony to one of my other friends and she liked it too :) I love my friends, they're open about those kind of things.

I have watched it while sleeping over someone's house with about 6 other people. I had my one brony friend with me who enjoyed it, 3 of them gave the "not bad, but not good enough," type response, 1 wanted to check it out (now bronified :3 ) and the other 2 gave us the whole "gay, stupid, for little kids response.

I showed them Lesson Zero by the way.

(edited)
Wait, how old are you guys? I'm just wondering if it is an age-related thing. I'm a 13 year old Pegasister (mature though) and one of my friends is a Brony and another who is like 15 is also a Brony. I have tried to show my friens but they don't seem interested in the slightet. Then again, maybe that's better than being rejected because of being obsessed with a small children's television show. Edited by sarah9867

I'm pretty secretive of it. I told a buddy of mine from work... he gave me an odd look but he never told anyone about it. I was very embarrassed about it at the time so I told him not to mention it... *insert pinkie pie quote here*

My lesbian friend oddly enough has had the biggest problem with it, but more the show than me. She just doesn't get the appeal or the fandom. I showed her an article on autostraddle.com but that didn't seem to convince her. Of all the things I would try to convert her too, I thought that would be the one, haha.

I showed my mom "Swarm of the Century" for the Star Trek references and "Read it and Weep" because it's awesome. I showed my sister and her boyfriend Lesson Zero and Party of One for the sheer lunacy factor. Then we watched "Friendship is Magic, Bitch!" and "Epic Pie Time"

I showed my friends Friendship is Witchcraft first and they feel in love with that! ;) Soon they were wondering what the actual characters were like and I showed them the very first episode... And they fell in love with it! :wub: I never forced them to watch it, they just wanted to. (Never make somebody watch it, they will not like it if you do!) So now a lot of my friends like the show and are bronies! B)

Funny story actually. I told my friend I was a brony and asked him if he would watch the first episode and he was like, "Ah, heck nah!!" But then we struck a deal that I would watch some "Happy Tree Friends" in exchange he would watch the pilot. Needless to say, a week later he had finished season one. And HTF's was pretty good too. And that my friends is how Equestria was made.