Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

Hoth: 8/10. The song is overall very good and it does have quite a bit of variety. Unfortunately, some segments repeat for too long. The song would've been better off if it were a bit shorter.

Helloween: 8/10. Fun times.

Gremlins: 7/10. Fun song, but it gets a bit repetitive after a while, which drops it from 8/10 to 7/10.

Demons & Wizards: 8/10. Fun times.

Techno Dream Trance: 7/10. It could've been an 8/10, but I found the ”beat” annoying and the melody slightly repetitive at times. Still, the base melody was catchy and the song was fun to listen to.

Dio: 9/10. Dio really had an amazing singing voice, didn't he?

8/10. Sounds more like rock than metal to me. Progressive rock, I guess? Still a lot of fun to listen to. Guess I should check out Dream Theater, perhaps.

Here's a band that's not very well-known. Melodic death metal with emphasis on "melodic", at times near classical/symphonic levels.

6/10. The violins are cool, but the guitars are oversimplified and generic nu-metal/alternate metal and the vocals are too much like Linkin Park. The piano part is nice though.

On 2017-05-18 at 6:54 PM, Fillypino Fried said:

I like how Chuck's vocals are clearly understood, even without reading a lyric sheet.

Anyone who understands these vocals without spending a lot of time deciphering them or reading a lyric sheet is pretty amazing at understanding death metal vocals.

To be fair, that's not the easiest piece of technical death metal to enjoy. I imagine it's very much an acquired taste, one would probably have to listen to and enjoy easier types of death metal (such as technical death metal that's more "beginner friendly" than Cryptosy, or beginner friendly melodic death metal, like the album "Claymore" by In Flames. I think some things to focus on in the Cryoptosy song is how the drumming interacts with the guitars, and how often the guitars change. Also, the speed and the energy are two of the strong parts of the song. The vocals are fairly secondary.

Billy Joel: 8/10. Clean and solid singing, happy piano, overall pleasant song.

Lindsey Stirling: 8/10. The violin is such an underappreciated (and underused) instrument. I prefer her instrumental music though. The vocals are pretty good though, bit more powerful than generic pop vocals.

Let's go with some more violin music. Let's say... Vivaldi's Winter from Four Seasons 1: Allegro non molto.

Nice 10/10

Again with the evilness.

Anaal Nathrakh - Oil Upon The Sores Of Lepers

from - In The Constellation Of The Black Widow

Black Metal / Grindcore

~No profound statement needed~

Subjective: 6/10. Objective: 8/10. Unfortunately, I do not like that vocal style, which significantly lowers my enjoyment of the song. The guitars are quite nice and blends well with the drumming. Perhaps my score would increase if I listened to it more, but for now I'll leave it at this.

Time for some mood whiplash! Massive cheese and overtly "goodness". :P

• Brohoof 1