Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

10/10 yeah my brother that cauldron band is awesome 

Manowar: 8/10. Good energy, good vocals. It could've been a 9/10 if the drums and/or guitars were more impressive. The vocals are interesting, it's almost death metal levels of violence.

Rancid: Subjective: 7/10. Objective: 8/10. Seems more complex than punk rock usually is. Good energy, though punk rock is far from my favorite genre, so I decided to give it a subjective and objective score. One of the better punk rock songs I've heard though.

Cauldron: 7/10. For some reason, the singer seems really... Indifferent. The rest of the song is pretty good though.

SNFU: Subjective: 7/10. Objective: 8/10. Hardcore punk, seems like an acquired taste, a taste I personally haven't yet quite acquired. Still, this, too, is a bit more complex from what I would expect from punk.

Iced Earth: 8/10. The early part is nice enough, but a bit slow without the music making up for it. The metal parts are pretty good, but not awesome. The chorus is very catchy (and reminds me of Blind Guardian).

Satan: 7/10 or 8/10. When I saw the band name I was expecting black metal, not speed/trash metal. It's fun though.

There's been a lot of metal and punk lately, eh? Let's go with some soothing music from the 70s... 1874, to be exact.

7/10. Hmm. Interesting. First off, I haven't really explored Djent, at all (more than having some basic knowledge of what the term means). This songs have aspects that I like and aspects that I dislike. The good stuff: The guitars are nice, there is variety, and the drumming is good too. Bad stuff: The singer. Sounds whiny (nearly alt-metal/melodic metalcore levels) to me. With a different singer this could've been 8/10.

Let's go with some old school rock music.

Trelleborg: 6/10. It has a lot of potential. Nice and varied melodies and overall positive feel. Unfortunately, the singing doesn't work that well, and it would've benefitted from a bit more heaviness in the guitars.

Paramore: Subjective: 5/10. Objective: 6/10. The song has several strong points. The drumming is not nearly as generic as it could've been, the song has an overall happy feel, and the singing is decent enough. Personally, the chorus is a bit too cheesy for me, which significantly lowers my enjoyment of the song. Still, the song is decent enough. I would probably be okay with hearing that on the radio.

Some of you may wonder "Was Death always a technical death metal band?". The answer is "No". Their first three albums were death metal, not technical death metal. In fact, Death's first album, "Scream Bloody Gore", was, perhaps, the first death metal album ever. Here's a song from their second album:

9/10. Chuck Schuldiner's got an amazing voice that just got better as he got older.

I would've posted Dopesmoker, but I figured that was a bit too long for this thread.