Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MallaJong1

I found the video pretty funny, but the merchandise does suck... only some t-shirts are good, but not good 'nuff Icwould actualy get them.

I found the video pretty funny, but the merchandise does suck... only some t-shirts are good, but not good 'nuff Icwould actualy get them.

Thanks, dude. There are some good merchandise one can purchase at Hot Topic. I know my sister always buys the t-shirts and wristbands.

I understand where you guys are coming from saying that little girls don't care that much but still these toys are a very poor example to be representing the show. I do not see myself buying these. I don't have that high of standards but still, a pink Celestia with a straight blue mane. An Applejack with no hat. No Spitfire. Many of these I can barly tolerate but a lot of them are very poorly made. The plushies don't look too good to me either. I plan on ordering mine handmade by Eliza since she puts a ton of work into them and they are super well made. I am sure little girls enjoy the toys though, but I wish they would put a little more effort into the toys and cater towards bronys also. The T-shirts are really good too. I plan on getting a Fluttershy one too.

A very good argument indeed. I am sure the brony community would pay plenty for well-made and show-accurate products.

The Cloudsdale set actually looked pretty good, and the pegasus wonderbolt wasn't Spitfire, it was a background pony, who resembles a G1 pegasus, Surprise, and it was the pony that Lauren had originally planned to have Pinkie Pie's personality

• Brohoof 2

The whole background pony of the cloudsdale set is very true to the "paint one color versus two because it costs less money to produce". Very fun to not see the most popular wonderbolt of the bunch, eh?

I love the new plushies. I saw the pics, ran out to get them , and I'm very happy with them. Do I wish they made plushies with accurate hair? Yes, since more so than the color, the hair is what really brings out the personality differences. But these plushies do the job, which is to evoke in me a recall of the ponies they are meant to represent. So I see my little blue pony with wings and I think of RD, etc. Good enough for me, especially for $5, and especially especially since really good show accurate pony plushies are hundreds of dollars.

RD is missing some colors in her mane but I think I'll try to fix that with a marker of something. :/

I found I can brush Pinkie's hair straight and recreate the scene where she goes crazy. :D

Anyway, the basic premise of My Little Pony toys is: make one mold and recolor it a million times. I'm sure the Hub making all these different manes is driving Hasbro bonkers. Let's not even get started on Big Mac and Granny Smith.

I agree on a few points.I thinking all the merch Hasbro made was possibly machine-made.Because you got to make a lot of those,and sell them all over the country.Compare a Hasbro-made plushie to a brony made-plushie.Which would you chose?

post-1762-0-53011300-1344386477_thumb.jpg

I'D DEFINETLY pick this^.Hasbro needs to make these kind of plushies.

• Brohoof 4

"Cause we're jammin'."

Posted Image

Haha, nice one. Though I don't doubt for a moment that there's a MESS of plushie makers out there that are like "HEY, SALVAGE DEM EYES!" Because I'll be honest, those embroidered eyes are REALLY nice.

The only thing I never understood is why the applejack toys never had her hat. What's up with that?

They want to stay true to G1 Applejack. Who is way more awesome. I don't know why Bronies tend to hate G1. The pilot "Rescue from midnight castle" was amazing. Well animated, hand painted and everything.post-6087-0-99563500-1344746065_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

They want to stay true to G1 Applejack. Who is way more awesome. I don't know why Bronies tend to hate G1. The pilot "Rescue from midnight castle" was amazing. Well animated, hand painted and everything.post-6087-0-99563500-1344746065_thumb.jpg

That makes sense, but these are the "new" toys based off the "new" show so they should reflect that.

• Brohoof 1

I still think bronies hate gen 3/3.5 the most, though I think gen 3.5 is better then gen 3

at least Rainbow Dash didn't have that awful accent

You want to know why there isn't show accurate merch?

it's sorta impossible to replicate a 2D image onto a 3D object.

Umm, isn't that exactly what every action figure ever created has done? Most of them are also accurate. My Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles look like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, my Thundercats look like Thundercats, my snozzberries look like snozzberries...wait...

I still have all of my G1 ponies from when I was a girl and they look like the characters from the show. They have varying mane and tail styles. Anyway, if they could do it in the 80s they can do it now.

Edited by MoonFeather
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with you. A smart thing for them to do is make the hairstyle the same in the show, by starting the hair in the right places, and making the correct color patterns. Anyone agree with me? :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro products need to step up their game. But overalll they are really making these toys and stuff just for kids and thats what they are trying to make it for. Really through could they at least make the plushie look really good. I mean their mane is so.....ugh... cut it all off and customize it on your own thats what I would do.

Edited by Doctor

Little girls don't really care about how accurate the toys are to the show. They are the target demographic for this merchandise after all. Just because some Bronies are unsatisfied with how much they don't look like their show counterparts, doesn't really mean Hasbro should 'up their game' or whatever. Sure, some of the merch is pretty warped (like the plushies, i admit) but we aren't being forced to purchase any of it are we? Beggars can't be choosers. Hasbro made Derpy, Trixie, Luna, (and a few other show characters we like?) figurines, and we're still complaining?

Besides, if you don't like the ugly box manes, style them yourself. That's what I did. There's tutorials online, and your ponies can look just like the show ponies~ No need to bitch about how their manes don't look like show manes, that's kind of the point of brushables isn't it? To style and brush them to suit your interest.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, they have to cater to some of the kiddies out there, who, y'know, we're the primary target audience before certain 25-year-old men blew through the bar doors?

I know, But little kids don't care about the brushable hair on the toys. They also want the toys to look like the show. They also don't like the pink on Celestia either.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, they have to cater to some of the kiddies out there, who, y'know, we're the primary target audience before certain 25-year-old men blew through the bar doors?

True...but these 25-year-old men have been hanging around a while and they're getting antsy for some quality merchandise. So the ball is in Hasbro's court now, unless they want a bunch of other companies, websites and industrious fans jumping on what could be their profits.

Maybe they don't want to run other the plushie makers out of business or maybe they are targeting little girls who really don't care if they look 100% show accurate.

Hi all, I'm new (duh), I would like to state that my little girl who has just turned 3 and loves mlp, Does notice the discrepancies with some of the mlp merch, ie apple bloom without her bow and recently asked me where her AJ pony's hat is...(so far i have made apple bloom a bow and now ordered AJ apple barn as the only merch that AJ has a hat (other than the elusive fashion AJ which I'm still hunting for her and Rarity any help on locating these at a resonable cost would be greatly appreciated).. but I do quite like the rasta ponies.. x

Edited by princessmoon

Hi all, I'm new (duh), I would like to state that my little girl who has just turned 3 and loves mlp, Does notice the discrepancies with some of the mlp merch, ie apple bloom without her bow and recently asked me where her AJ pony's hat is...(so far i have made apple bloom a bow and now ordered AJ apple barn as the only merch that AJ has a hat (other than the elusive fashion AJ which I'm still hunting for her and Rarity any help on locating these at a resonable cost would be greatly appreciated).. but I do quite like the rasta ponies.. x

Yah I mean those kinds of things are obvious, but I was referring more to the shape of their bodies/heads and the way their hair is made.
  • Brohoof 1

Yah I mean those kinds of things are obvious, but I was referring more to the shape of their bodies/heads and the way their hair is made.

Ah, then in that case, no she hasn't noticed that pinkie has straight hair and twilight etc lack fringes and that celestia is pink instead of white..... but think she may notice the rasta look tho.. but then again she may just find it cool to have a plush pony. i love the derpy plush..