Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

XUNUSEDXXX

when the super speedy cider squeezy is taking the apples from the trees in the competition, the machine somehow vaccuums up the apples, but not the leaves, which i think would be easier to vaccuum up than apples, so why dont the leaves go into the machine too? maybe im just overanalyzing things, i tend to do that alot :P

Sometimes I overanalyze things, too, and I thought about that for a while. I was never able to come up with an answer that made very much real-world sense, and then I realized I was trying to apply real world sense to a show about magic and talking ponies....

Eventually, I gave up and just un-paused the episode. :mellow:

Sometimes I overanalyze things, too, and I thought about that for a while. I was never able to come up with an answer that made very much real-world sense, and then I realized I was trying to apply real world sense to a show about magic and talking ponies....

Eventually, I gave up and just un-paused the episode. :mellow:

haha that post made me laugh ^^.. you just made me realize how pointless my arguements are in reality...

Why don't leaves fall off the trees when AJ bucks them? My only answer is that Equestrian apples are simply more weakly connected to the trees than the leaves are, perhaps only hanging by a thread while the leaves are better connected. There's no use in assuming that Equestrian apple trees are exactly equivalent to RL apple trees.

• Brohoof 1

you know... i never thought about that at all... i just accepted the fact that it sucked the apples up only just like AJ's kicks only knocked loose the apples... well yes lets just assume magic is the key and that's how it works! so bam! ;) Magic! is the key...

It's all about Physics, sadly I did not pick that subject and I have no idea why only the apples fall.

Maybe the stem is weaker or maybe the fact that it's a cartoon.

The machine was powered by magic, so perhaps part of the spell ensured that only apples, and not leaves, would be sucked up by the machine. The fact that trees were uprooted after the Brothers turned off the "quality control" could also be interpreted this way. Once the "quality control" was off, that part of the magic no longer worked.

Why don't leaves fall off the trees when AJ bucks them? My only answer is that Equestrian apples are simply more weakly connected to the trees than the leaves are, perhaps only hanging by a thread while the leaves are better connected. There's no use in assuming that Equestrian apple trees are exactly equivalent to RL apple trees.

Apples are heavier than leaves. Assuming an equal level of strength for each twig, connected as it may be to either an apple or a leaf, then it would make sense that a kick to the tree would be more likely to dislodge a twig attached to an apple rather than one attached to a leaf. In the case of the Flim-Flam brothers machine, the opposite would be true, since the leaves would be easier to move against the force of gravity. This is, of course, assuming that Equestria apple trees behave like Earth apple trees. The Zap Apple trees certainly do strain this assumption... Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

My theory: apples have more surface area than the leaves and have a much weaker hold on the tree. Therefore, the suction bypasses the leaves and moves straight to the apples because it can get a better hold on it.

maybe....

Yeah, that's what I think as well. As for when Flim and Flam suck up apples, they could be using magic of sorts. *shrugs*

The machine was powered by magic, so perhaps part of the spell ensured that only apples, and not leaves, would be sucked up by the machine. The fact that trees were uprooted after the Brothers turned off the "quality control" could also be interpreted this way. Once the "quality control" was off, that part of the magic no longer worked.

Not quite, the trees were sucked up once they 'doubled the power,' so one can assume that at low power the magic vacuum only attracts the apples, but once the power is raised all bets are off. :huh:

That's actually a pretty good theory. The apples simply have weak stems, so they break off easier.!.