Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A pony monologue

Sheogorath

Posted Image

Third week without new episode of ponies begun today...

Degradation of morale that took its onset somewhere halfway through last week is making a cosy nest in my psyche. Constant browsing of fan made pony content no longer seems to have influence on the progression of the condition, all the material seems nothing more than a hollow surrogate mother like those in zoos they use to feed bird infants. A sight so depressing and pathetic that it makes one question the righteousness of their acts of kindness. Now applied to my own life that same scenario seems almost like a cruel joke played on the expense of a mind that somehow can grasp it but does all it can to survive.

Make no mistake, ponies are like a drug. A brigthly colored trip into a moment of bliss that distracts you from the gray toned reality filled with people afraid to differ from the faceless gray mass that slowly drifts on the streets like muck in a narrow groove of concrete. Ponies give both sense of belonging and the feeling of nonconformity as you partake into something unorthodox and break the gender norms. Some may experience guilt for it but I revel in it like an old cross dressing businessman revels in his little kink that allows him to get in touch with other parts of his psyche he has worked a lifetime to suffocate under posturing and machismo. Albeit not as accentuated hobby as his, ponies mean a lot to me, they symbolize the freedom of choice I wish to possess over my own life and how I wish to lead it.

The greedy bastards at Hasbro haven't yet even noticed what they have in their hands, the smell of money makes them twitchy and nervous however. Like hyenas smelling a carcass in the night, they are circling closer to the mother-load of money, but in the meantime they keep doing stupid moved like issuing take down notices and biting themselves in the feet like clumsy and impatient mutts.

Then these breaks that their channel drops in the airing times of their show, potentially even more harmful to their own merchandise when their yappy lawyers go around making sure less people have access and chance to meet their show on its arbitrary breaks.

The half mocking silence this time has imposed upon my life now plays the tune of a piano built out of bones as it's dry creaking symphony echoes through my mind. The pale faded comfort that each passing minute takes me closer to new episode in the future is much alike the hope you have when you are in the desert without water. Taking steps half aimlessly hoping that you survive long enough to land on some marker of water before you dehydrate. seeing already to the horizon that there is none or even hope of one until you have crossed that horizon at least once. So many steps to take, each one carries you closer to the end, was it then water or death, was it then new episode or brutal act of violence as you snap without the drug that has given you strength to remain human.

Of course this all is just minute and superficial to rational thought as well as to an outside observer, but the strife is real, the lack of ponies is real.

As I brush over my stubble and glance at the cold gray landscape peeking through the window blinds I am only more painfully reminded by the desaturated reality that overcast sky paints darker before me.

Ponies are no longer a meager distraction, they are a symbol and a promise of something greater than a man; change for the better, and this change I need to be reminded of by the beloved series of mine. The reminder each new episode brings me helps me through these weeks. Seeing other people enjoy the series casts in me a hope of better tomorrow.

Edited by Pencils
  • Brohoof 8

I have so few words to describe how much I agree with this monologue of yours.

Ponies are more than just a series for little girls and many to few people in this world seem to realise this fact.

The world of equestria is without any doubt my perfect view of a Utopia. The paradise that every human soul long for.

This thrill the ponies wake in our hearts as we watch them giggle at ghosts or team up and beat the despair that Discord tried to create in their circle of happiness. This thrill is to me much like it is to you, It is what gets me through the week, it is what I long for in every passing day.

These words you speak of the world. I am inclined to agree to every single one of them. This world of ours is a currupted one without the hope for a savior. The lands of Equestria is such a tempting idea of how a perfect life would be like. To share every moment with true friends, a life without hatred or evil. A life dreamt by all of us. A life only met when we put our heads to the pillow in the evening, only to be broken by a ringing bell calling out to you in the morning. Begging a god, that may or may not exist, to have mercy on you and let this coming day be an easy one to handle so you soon can slump down in a chair once again, seeking the relief of these ponies.

I am delighted that I am not the only one who see our world this way and I am with you on every statement made in your post. The ponies are like a drug to us. A drug which relieves stress and fear from our mind, but also a thing we will never see to be real. It is but a creation from a TV seires originally intended for small girls, but it have become so much more than that. I can without shame say that ponies are a major part of my life, they are my greatest hobby and biggest source of happiness against whatever troubles might have caused me harm through another day in this misserable world of ours.

I thank you for sharing you view with us. So I wanted to share my own.

Edited by Lamii
  • Brohoof 1

This is beautiful, and so true. When I first saw it, I thought it was going to be a theater monologue, but this insight is amazing. I especially like your view of Hasbro.

Well, I don't quite know what to write here, but the very least I can tell you is that what you posted was art. I applaud your talents as a writer and as an artist.

But on topic, I miss the ponies too ):

I can't think of much more to say... s:

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind the lack of episodes. I still have ponies running through my mind just about 24/7.

Ponies mean a lot more to me than I can really explain.

Pencils.

I think I may love you.

BACK OFF, HE'S MINE :angry:

I am not going through withdrawl symptoms. I am of sound enough mind and soul that I would not feel any horrifying feelings or destabilized emotions even if electricity ceased to exist for the remainder of my life. My Little Pony is just a cartoon and three weeks without it is of no consequence.

However fitting with the scherzo of the well-accomplished prose in lieu of hilarious and disproportionate feelings without continued provision of a 22 minute animated program about colourful mammals,

I must have the escapism that My Little Pony provides. Without it, I wither and expire every moment.

No such thing as a writer "in real life". If you're a writer, you're a writer wherever you are. Anyone who publishes things in the media but refuses to talk about it in their life, is either in denial, hiding things from others, or stealing someone else's work.

Anyway, am I the only one who heard Pencil's post in a news speaker's voice? Without the use of first person, it really looks like a paper article.

I wouldn't be surprised to read the French translation in Le Monde, or at least the Metro. And watched it on TF1.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I am not going through withdrawl symptoms. I am of sound enough mind and soul that I would not feel any horrifying feelings or destabilized emotions even if electricity ceased to exist for the remainder of my life. My Little Pony is just a cartoon and three weeks without it is of no consequence.

However fitting with the scherzo of the well-accomplished prose in lieu of hilarious and disproportionate feelings without continued provision of a 22 minute animated program about colourful mammals,

I must have the escapism that My Little Pony provides. Without it, I wither and expire every moment.

To relieve any illusion of superiority or sensations of concern I shall reveal that this was more of a satire of Noir storytelling and personal feelings. I am not shivering in the corner or experiencing violent spams due lack of ponies. It does nevertheless strike me with a sensation of displeasure especially under the current already bothersome air of antagonistic behavior Hasbro has shown with its policies regarding the viewing of their show online.

Not only do I feel unhappy not to be able to enjoy my ponies on regular basis but also the fact that Hasbro, who does not provide me any legal means to access and acquire MLP;FIM show now treats my only venue to enjoy it as a violation of their copyright and imposes upon my sustained fandom an arbitrary stamp of wrongfulness.

No such thing as a writer "in real life". If you're a writer, you're a writer wherever you are. Anyone who publishes things in the media but refuses to talk about it in their life, is either in denial, hiding things from others, or stealing someone else's work.

Anyway, am I the only one who heard Pencil's post in a news speaker's voice? Without the use of first person, it really looks like a paper article.

I wouldn't be surprised to read the French translation in Le Monde, or at least the Metro. And watched it on TF1.

I am taken by your praise.

In real life my writing endeavors are limited currently by my position as an visual artist, whom is not allowed to overstep that role in the current situation.

Edited by Pencils