Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drunk.

I used to be a stranger

Drunk posting poll  

124 users have voted

1. 1. Have you/do you ever posted while inebriated?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not really- posted while drinking but not drunk
    • I am not allowed to drink
    • I get drunk off of donuts, like Spike. *Hic*

I've had my share of "What the FUCK happened last night?" (after waking up face down on the floor of some house I don't even remember going to) moments to be certain. Drunk posting, eh. I've done it before, and will definitely do it again, but I usually end up regretting it (along with everything else that night) the next morning. I try to restrain myself from acting like a complete jackass when I do, but it all really depends on how intoxicated I am, and whether or not I am alone.

tl;dr, drunk posting is fun, but usually not your best idea.

I never have tried any alcoholic beverage, because as you can see by looking at my profile I'm 15. I think it would be pretty funny to see a thread made by a drunk person. Just think of what it would be about.

Legally, I'm not old enough to drink. But that's irrelevant because I do it anyway. The last thing I'm going to do, though, is come onto the forums and post something. I don't understand why people do it? Surely they have better things to do when they're drunk? Like finding a traffic cone on the street, putting it on your head, and pretending you're a wizard (...it's happened).

Well, it depends on how much you drink and the alcohol content it has. For me, I do indeed get drunk at times when I post, but I don't intend, especially on a forum like this, to start any trouble with any of the members on here. I try to be careful on how much I drink and what I do on here.

I drink every now and again, but mostly just one or two glasses of sherry or red wine. I don't like getting excessively drunk. I might post on a forum while drinking; it doesn't impede my judgment.

Pardon my ignorance but why does this topic keep coming up? I am going to guess that people are hoping to read embarrassing tales of drunk people so they can have a good chuckle. Not that I am against this.

That's sort of what I expected as well. Not necessarily what I hoped for, mind.

It is quite telling of the character of the forum however, the abundance of posts and also votes that say people aren't allowed, or simply don't, drink.

the first time i was drunk was actually when i was 7 years old. my mom ordered a drink and so did my aunt, so i decided to get the same drink but without alcohol. unfortunately our waitress mixed it up, so i got a drink with alcohol and my mom got the alcoholfree one. it's all a blur now but my mom told me i was about to piss my pants beacouse i had this convulsive laughter moment.

second time being "intoxicated" was when i was feeling VERY down one day. so i decided to take 5 antidepressants (which i got resept free) before i went to school. after an hour i was bucking FLIPPING OUT!! i dont know if it was a placebo effect or the meds, but i've never felt so happy, energic and confident in all my life!! it was seriously a great experience! ever since then i have been taking about 4 pills before going to a concert with a friend of mine.

but i am not going to experiment with illegal drugs (at all) or drink before i'm over legal age.

Edited by anonymstol

Well, I've tested drinking things with alcohol in them a few times... but I didn't really like it, and I've promised myself not to drink anything that I don't like ever again.

And I've also decided, since the last time to be a non-drinker... because hearing stories on what some people have done or/and been through under heavy influence on alcohol scares me. And I don't want anything happen to me when I'm not aware of what I'm doing... if that makes sense...

I'm a.), underage, and b.), not a fan of alcohols taste. Yuck.

I do quite like them painkillers though. I'm often in a pill-induced, apathetic haze. It makes me forget my depression, even for a short while.

I'll admit, I used to get drunk quite often, but ever since becoming a brony I have been drinking less and less. I'm at the point now where I can't even remember the last time I drank at all.

There are a couple of reasons why I stopped. One is because I am obsessed with pony merchandise. When I think about buying alcohol, I usually change my mind because I would rather save that money and spend it on pony merch, which will last longer and be more enjoyable in the end.

Another reason is because of MLP Forums, believe it or not. If I drink, it will be around the same time that I'm usually on the forums and, from past experiences, I know that posting while intoxicated never ends well with me. In the best case scenario, I'll just embarrass myself. In the worst case, I'll post something that will get me suspended. Also, now that I'm a moderator, there are lots of shiny buttons and I'm afraid if I got drunk, I might press the wrong one and blow up the forums. With the kind of responsibility I have, I wouldn't want to take a chance.

• Brohoof 4

I've yet to post while drunk only because when I am drunk, I'm usually somewhere else away from my computer since I still live at home. I don't have a stash of beer or liquor but if I did, I'd totally have Strongbow for beer and a fifth of vodka, a fifth of gin, and a whole lot of tonic since I'm a big vodka-tonic, G&T fan.

• Brohoof 2

Heh, I do enjoy booze personally. I can drink almost anything, but I am such a lightweight. :P Awkward since I am underage.... I don't mind the alcohol, and I am responsible when I drink (usually). I have posted under the influence on other forums, not this one. When I drink, it doesn't really matter where I am. I'm either at a party, or at home enjoying a drink and relaxing.

I do not force others to drink either. Peer pressure sucks, and if I know how much it sucks to be forced to do something, I wouldn't do the same to them. So if you drink, yay! Let's party? If you don't, let's go enjoy some ponies sober.

Yes, though not exactly in these forums and it was more of a high. Actually, the only times I've ever tasted beer was when my dad would let me take sips of his beer. Almost funny that I have a more positive memory of alcohol when I was younger .

I don't really drink yet, but when I do decide to start drinking I might post on forums, I might not who knows.

Posted Image

I think it would be pretty funny to see a thread made by a drunk person. Just think of what it would be about.

I made the Metal thread while heavily intoxicated.

So if you use that as your metric, your thread will obviously be successful!*

*Past performance does not guarantee future results.

• Brohoof 3

Do USA law affect me if I don't live there? Apparently not. So am I underage??

I've drank some alcohol before, mostly beer and wine. Nothing bad happened. Aside from laughing too much.

Well im 14, in were I live the drinking age is 21, mostly because people "abuse" alcholic beverages to much. God bless the U.S.A.?

So Im no allowedy to drink.