Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should the CMC stop trying?

Brook

I agree that it's pointless to try force the cutiemarks to appear, but then again, the show would be much more dull without them.

Also, they obviously arent aware what cutiemarks actually represent. I remember that in the Cutie Mark Chronicles, when Rarity was done with her story, Scootaloo said "These stories arent getting any closer to finding our cutiemarks, their all about finding who you really are and boring stuff like that", and they then left before Rarity could tell them that thats exactly what cutiemarks are.

Honestly, i think the ending of S3 will be M6 defeating yet another evil villain with the help of CMC, who will in that last episode learn who and what they are, after which they finnaly get their cutiemarks. Thats what im hoping for anyway :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

better question for you. Should the sun stop shining upon the earth? Ill just let you ponder that one ;)

Please don't be a smartass.

And no, if the sun would stop shining than we would all die. But if the CMC stop crusading, nothing will happen besides them actually getting a grip and stop trying to kill themselves.

Does that answer your question?

Honestly, i think the ending of S3 will be M6 defeating yet another evil villain with the help of CMC, who will in that last episode learn who and what they are, after which they finnaly get their cutiemarks. Thats what im hoping for anyway :)

That would be absolutely amazing :D

And then the rest of the series could be focused on them putting time into what they're good at!

Edited by RiverBankNut

Please don't be a smartass.

And no, if the sun would stop shining than we would all die. But if the CMC stop crusading, nothing will happen besides them actually getting a grip and stop trying to kill themselves.

Does that answer your question?

Well, yes. I was just trying to make humor. But I find it fun to watch them. They entertain me so I wouldnt want to see them succeed so easily

I don't want them to give up, part of me wants to see them break up. I'm just tired of seeing them try and get the same cutie mark. If they just think about what they alone are good at, then maybe they well get their cutie mark.

• Brohoof 1

They're ignoring they're real talents lol.

They should keep trying.

But I would love them to get their cutie marks in season 3.

Crusaders gonna crusade.

The whole point about them is too teach the young viewers that everyone has a special talent that they'll find eventually. The Crusaders do it in a funny and adorable way.

Nothing else to say here.

• Brohoof 1

Their listening skills are that of a tortoise and they really don't understand the concept of cutie marks at all. But it's still entertaining to watch them crusade!

Maybe subconsciously they don't even think they can force it at this point; maybe, in actuality, despite everything they'll say, they really keep trying simply because it's fun and it gives them an excuse to do fun things together. Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure that plenty of their attempts are still honest-to-Celestia attempts to get their cutie marks, and not just an excuse to have fun, but I'm sure that they figure that if today's attempt doesn't work, at least they had fun together. So no, I don't think they should stop trying (even though I don't think any of them will get their cutie marks when they're trying) just so they can keep having fun together and remain such close friends! :)

Posted Image

You know -- while they asked the mane 6 how they got their cutie marks, they forgot to ask the one who actually might be able to help. We even saw it at the end of the first cutie mark crusaders episode. Celestia looked down at her cutie mark upon looking at the friendship report letter, as if remembering fondly how she got hers. The story of how Princess Celestia got her cutie mark would actually reveal quite a lot that I would be interested in seeing.

Edited by silvadel

I think it’s kinda the point there failing, but I find personally it’s entertaining to watch them try, fail and get back up and try again.

The CMCs will get there cutie marks one day, but then when they do there wont be no CMCs episodes and that would be a loss to me

Edited by Asherdangerdash

For their own sake, it'd be best if they stopped trying to force their talent, and instead just be friends. However, I doubt this would actually happen, as it would take away part of the show's side plot.

~~

I still think this would make a cute letter:

Dear Princess Celestia

We have been trying so hard for so long to get our cutie marks

But nothing we have tried has helped

We have sampled thousands of professions to no avail

Is there anything you can do to help?

Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle.

Cutie Mark Crusaders.

----

Dear Cutie Mark Crusaders,

I remember fondly when I got my cutie mark

[story segment on how Celestia got hers]

Princess Celestia.

-----

With the royal guard thread I was tempted to put "We always need more Royal Guards" at the end of her letter back.

Edited by silvadel

Its because they are still young and reluctant to relize this, that and I think the whole point of the CMC is that they're going to try everything they can to find they're cutie marks only to find out they've already known what their talent is all along.

I'm hoping that sometime in the future(And speculating this) That they will have an episode in which they finally relize that they're special talents are things they've simply been to busy trying other things to notice and get their cutie marks.

Again, speculation but it seems like the most likely resolution.