Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[UPDATED] Dashie statue for my sis ^_^

thegoodhen

Hey guys. I just finished making a small Dashie statue out of polymer clay, baked it just now, actually. And yes, I forgot the tail. I'll bake it as soon as temperature outside drops below 35 degrees Celsius. :X Using oven isn't really comfortable now :D

I'm going to give it to my "sis" as a present ^_^. Dashie is her favouite pony. I hope she'll like it. One thing tho-do you ponies think I should paint it or not? I'm adding eyes anyway, but paint or not? I mean, now it looks like some ancient statue. And yes, I know that ancient statues were originally painted with bright colors and it's just that the paint eventually wore off, but you see my point.

Pics here:

post-6267-0-82778200-1345561249_thumb.jpg

post-6267-0-10033800-1345561255_thumb.jpg

post-6267-0-52326200-1345561259_thumb.jpg

post-6267-0-39594500-1345561264_thumb.jpg

post-6267-0-00844500-1345561269_thumb.jpg

post-6267-0-20800300-1345561273_thumb.jpg

Just for the record: She's not my biological sis. She's a very very close friend of mine. Hence the quotationmarks higher in this comment. Just so that you ponies don't get confused how I am able to hide it from her and later give it to her as a surprise. :D

Edit: I painted it. Not perfect, but what do you ponies think? It was kinda harder than I expected. Also added the tail.

post-6267-0-94928800-1345660389_thumb.jpg

post-6267-0-52686800-1345660395_thumb.jpg

post-6267-0-46849200-1345660402_thumb.jpg

Edited by thegoodhen
  • Brohoof 26

That's is a awesome gift you made for your sister, I brohoof you on a great job you did... you should do this again :D

Thank you very much! Actually, this is not the first time I've made a pony out of polymer clay:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/25625-polymer-clay-fluttershy/

Also, I've made a Pinkie pie and Twi, but I love Dashie best so far. It's so good I almost don't wanna give it away, you know. But, I wub my sis, so... Almost :D.

I'd go with painting it. Dash is the most colourful pony afterall, so leaving her uncolored would almost seem wrong. I'm sure your sis will be overjoyed with such a great gift either way.

• Brohoof 2

I'd go with painting it. Dash is the most colourful pony afterall, so leaving her uncolored would almost seem wrong. I'm sure your sis will be overjoyed with such a great gift either way.

Haha. :D You surely have a point. And thanks for tellin me. :D Maybe I should ask he myself, but that might spoil the surprise a bit I guess :D Plus she's a bit busy right now, so I won't bug her with this.

@@Cakesplat, My painting skills? I'm actually extremely surprised I can do something like this! :D I have no artistic talent whatsoeve apart from a bit of sclupting skills. :D

(edited)

Oh my gosh~ it's so cute! If you paint it, I'd definitely would like to see the outcome of that, good job. n w n

So far it looks like everypony thinks it's a good idea to paint it, so I guess I'll do it.

I think just painting the hair and tail would make it look cooler than painting the rest of it, but hey it is your project :)

Yeah... But then she wouldn't be blue and since it's for my sis and Dashie is her fav pony, it should be Dashie. :D But I agree. I've made Twi a while ago for myself and didn't paint her because I liked her better this way.

i definatly think paint it but only if you think you can because this is really good!!! much better than anything i could ever make

I'm not really sure about my paiting skills, sadly. But hey, I think I'll give it a shot. Thank you sooo much. But please, don't be too hard on yourself. Afterall, I have no art skills whatsoever. I can't even draw a round circle yet all of a sudden, this... :D Better go check my butt for cutie mark. Edited by thegoodhen

That's really sweet ^-^ I'm really interested to see it when it's all colored (if that is what you're going to do). Great job so far ;)

Yes, I think I will color her. I'll make sure to post update once it's done. Thank you very much.

I am speechless, I almost forgot how warm this community is. :blush: You are all so great ponies, wub you! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that’s some great work you did right there and a good gift idea, I agree with DJ Scratch if you just painted her mane and tail she would look so cool, about 20% cooler to be exact. XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow, that’s some great work you did right there and a good gift idea, I agree with DJ Scratch if you just painted her mane and tail she would look so cool, about 20% cooler to be exact. XD

Thank you so very much. I'm not sure whether to do it or not, because it could look better, but on the other hoof, it wouldn't be Dashie. I guess I'll eventually just ask my sis directly. Edited by thegoodhen

That's awesome mate! I have never even tried to work with clay myself so I don't know how hard it is. The mane and wings could use more work but it's good :)

• Brohoof 1

That's awesome mate! I have never even tried to work with clay myself so I don't know how hard it is. The mane and wings could use more work but it's good :)

Thank you very much!

Hm... now that you mention it... Wait a minute, this isn't right! (get the reference? well, sorta hard to, but the game I'm referencing is A BOMB!)

Actually, the wings were perfect until I put my mug on them. Then I had to sorta fix em by hand and well... :D

But hopefully, my sis will like it... Can't wait to give it to her!

PAINT IT!

It'll look DASHing (HARARHAHARA) with some colours :3

I think it's really cool that you're doing this for your sister, or good friend for that matter. You sir, deserve a brohoof /)*(\

• Brohoof 1

PAINT IT!

It'll look DASHing (HARARHAHARA) with some colours :3

I think it's really cool that you're doing this for your sister, or good friend for that matter. You sir, deserve a brohoof /)*(

Thank you very much!

To be honest, it's a "goodbye present" since she'll dash off to Great Britain and I won't see her for a year. -_- Well, what can I do?

You made my day. Too bad it's already evening here.

No, I'm kidding XD But here is your brohoof in case that the one I gave your post doesn't count for some stupid reason: (

*sigh* I should have done it sooner so I could use it as excuse to meet with her :D I mean, not that I won't meet her at the start of school, not that I would really NEED an excuse to meet with her, not that we didn't meet at mcDonalds and spend 6 hours there... But still.

I can't wait to see it finished (in whichever style you chose to use) and i live in britain so i get bored of it XD

I would ask my sis which style she prefers, but there is yet another problem-she would probably be like-aaww, leave it as it is... Or-Ohhh, I'lll leave this up to you. -_- I think I'll make the tail and paint it as well as the mane and color it and then let you ponies decide whether to paint the body too. :D

this is fantastic!!! what kind of clay is this? where did you get it! I might want to try how to do some figures :P

Thank you very much for saying it's fantastic. It's a polymer clay. It's basically a PVC based plastic that has clay structure until you bake it and then becomes hard yet still not fragile. When great pressure is applied, you can bend it by almost 180 degrees and it will slowly retain it's original form. However, it's very firm at the same time-I think it would even be possible to make custom gears out of it.

There are many brands and kinds of this clay-one of the most famoust being Fimo. This little guy is a bit pricey, but it's awesome to work with and the colors are also great. There are even translucent or luminescent types out there.

This one changes the color a bit when baking and isn't so easy to work with-you have to warm it in your hands before it stops falling apart and so on. But for 160 Kč, that is about 8 bucks, for 0.5 kg I think it's a good value. But it's a local brand :P

Thank you very much for saying it's fantastic. It's a polymer clay. It's basically a PVC based plastic that has clay structure until you bake it and then becomes hard yet still not fragile. When great pressure is applied, you can bend it by almost 180 degrees and it will slowly retain it's original form. However, it's very firm at the same time-I think it would even be possible to make custom gears out of it.

There are many brands and kinds of this clay-one of the most famoust being Fimo. This little guy is a bit pricey, but it's awesome to work with and the colors are also great. There are even translucent or luminescent types out there.

This one changes the color a bit when baking and isn't so easy to work with-you have to warm it in your hands before it stops falling apart and so on. But for 160 Kč, that is about 8 bucks, for 0.5 kg I think it's a good value. But it's a local brand :P

thanks for the info...

but where do you buy them, what kind of place? and do they come in different colors? or do you use a special kind of paint?

thanks for the info...

but where do you buy them, what kind of place? and do they come in different colors? or do you use a special kind of paint?

Depends on brand. For example, Fimo comes in dozens of color variants that you can mix to create virtually any color. This particular clay comes only in white, red, green or blue variant. So I decided to pick a white one and then paint it.

I bought it in some art store-you know, place where they sell canvases, colors, brushes, normal clay, etc.

Or you can buy it online, search for polymer clay.

Or you can make your own, but I have never tried it and doubt the results will be very usefull.

• Brohoof 1