Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Many Season Will MLP: FiM Last?

Gone Airbourne

Yeah if they did even tried to stop at season 3 we would all invade the building protesting more seasons xD! They would have (no) choice in the matter!

Lol. Even if they stopped at season 3, the show's entertainment would still live on with animations (ex. MLD movie), fanfics, and others stuff :)
  • Brohoof 1

It's almost impossible that they would end MLP:FiM, a successful show that's making them a lot of money. My heart would shatter if FiM ended before it reached Season 6.

• Brohoof 4

It's almost impossible that they would end MLP:FiM, a successful show that's making them a lot of money. My heart would shatter if FiM ended before it reached Season 6.

I feel the same way it's been great for the past two seasons & its future looks bright. I gotta say though the first time I watched the first episode I was blown away. It has been a while since I have seen a genuinely *great* cartoon. Edited by GoneAirbourne

Actually I was reading that it only costs them about $250,000 to make an episode of MLP. That makes me wonder if bronies could keep it afloat after the run even if it were officially cancelled. I mean 1 million bronies -- 25 cents each = new episode. 1 million bronies 25x26=$6.50 each = a whole season.

Let me put it this way: Hasbro is not full of idiots. They know just how much money they're making off of this, so there's no way they would drop this one.

Besides, there's only 13 episodes this time because they wanted to have better quality with it, or something. That's what they said on Nerdist.

@Writer: Actually season 3 is only 13 episodes because the initial order for the series was only 65 episodes which is the usual number of episodes ordered for toons such as this. But of course due to its popularity, it will indeed last past the 65 episode mark. My guess is that Season 4 will be the usual episode count again, hopefully.

I for one agree with others though, it would be nice to see a theatrical feature down the line. I mean if we can get 3 explosin ridden overrated big-budget Bayformers films, no reason we can't get at least one solid MLP feature. Heck they could even try to get Lauren Faust to come back to work on it, yeah...that would be pretty sweet.

But ahh enough of my rambling, back on topic. Yes, yes there will be more seasons past three, but weather we just get one more or a dozen more, it all depends on how much $$$ & ratings we poor into the franchise, and the HUB.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, There definitely will be more seasons. I think one of the staff said something along the lines of some seasons being shorter so that others could be longer. Also for all of the reasons above, money especially. In fact, just today I bought some MLP merchandise. I'm sure that they'll make plenty more money off of merchandise, especially if they would make better looking figures/ plushies.

I'm going to say the probability that they will end after season 3 is going to be less than 0.5% Friendship is Magic is currently the most popular show on the Hub receives the highest ratings and the highest viewership for target and other demographics, they recently started broadcasting it internationally even though they don't own any networks in other countries, the most successful MLP generation by far, and the most successful marketing for store products. You would have to be Derpy to end the show this early in such a successful state. The only reason they would end it is if they ran into some sort legal problems, and even that probably won't stop them from making more episodes.

• Brohoof 3

No no no no no -- No movies before they end the regular run of the series.

The time it would take them to make a movie would be equal to at least half a season run. I would not give up 13 episodes to get a movie.

Plus if they did a movie they would need to go over the top and probably out of chronology.

The time for movies is AFTER the series does 6 or 7 seasons to keep G4 alive -- when they have run out of normal ideas for scripting.

Half of a season eh? Well. Then maybe thats why... there only half a season this time around? Quite possibly... Maybe they are making a movie right after season three!

Acccording to Lauren Faust's private blog (She has one :P ),she says it will only last for 3 seasons :( ,then the show will end. Very sorry all of you :blush: .

This worries me, not only because this would break my heart, but it's also the first I've heard of this. Do you have a link to the blog post or something?

This worries me, not only because this would break my heart, but it's also the first I've heard of this. Do you have a link to the blog post or something?

Lauren's not of the staff anymore, and how long ago was that post, it may have been made before bronies were though of, when it was just another "kid's show" in planning.

Acccording to Lauren Faust's private blog (She has one :P ),she says it will only last for 3 seasons :( ,then the show will end. Very sorry all of you :blush: .

Source!? Source!? Source!? :(

I hope to god this is fake or something because that is just the worst possible thing......

I hope this is not true. :(

Lauren's not of the staff anymore, and how long ago was that post, it may have been made before bronies were though of, when it was just another "kid's show" in planning.

Ah, didn't even think of that. I may now sleep easy this evening. :lol:

But see, I always thought Lauren was still with the show, although at a "lesser" position. I was unaware that she left.

Anyways, thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, more seasons after season 3 is just stupid to not do. Something I would like to see, a movie after all the seasons, where all the enemies(Discord, Changlings, villains not yet announced, maybe even Nightmare Night comes back) come together with a master plan to take over all of Equestria.

Ah, didn't even think of that. I may now sleep easy this evening. :lol:

But see, I always thought Lauren was still with the show, although at a "lesser" position. I was unaware that she left.

Anyways, thanks for clearing that up.

She stepped down to adivisor for season 2, to get the staff trained, then left before season started production, so she's been off the clock for a while.

• 10 months later...

Alright ladies and gentlemen we are going to make a bet and if you win the bet all you get is bragging rights if this is even significant in the future. We all must come to the cold truth that FiM will not last forever. So what will be the last season?

I'm going off my instinct and I'm going to guess Season 8 will be the final season. It seems like that's enough time for the writing to get weak and for general disinterest to end the series, but this is all speculation so I could (And probably) will be wrong.

Your thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

I'm not totally sure frankly, It could be anytime, heck S4 could be the end(Although I hope it isn't honestly, I hope they still have great episodes and ideas for a while longer).

I have this feeling the show will end at like 5-6 Seasons, even if I'd love for it to go on for like 8 or 10 or something, but I doubt it'll get to double digits honestly. Or atleast not while still being good.

So I feel like 5-6 might be the end, but who knows for sure, maybe the staff is more talented then I thought. It'll be a while before we see.

• Brohoof 1

You stole my answer! influenced by this:

tumblr_m11d5o3wsK1qgtmejo1_500.png

I actually think the last season will be some sort of fan generated series of mini episodes, similar to "Double Rainboom."

But for the sake of the bet I'll bet season 6 will bring some sort of hiatus, then maybe after a semi-short period of time either another season *or two* or a sub-series will air.

Edited by Slaigh
  • Brohoof 2

I hope Season 5 or 6. I know but listen. I don't want it to over stay it's welcome. I want it to go out when people still think it's good unlike Spongebob! I want it to go out when people are still craking up at it and will remember all the good times.  :)

• Brohoof 3

I think if we consider how successful the franchise is right now and how qualified the team at DHX actually is, I think they will stick to the classic "six to seven seasons is best" formula. Many other TV-shows have proven that this is the best number of seasons in most cases.

Better it ends good before they run out of ideas.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

To be honest I think S4 will be the last season. Look at what all has happened until S3 all the things each character has gone through. With twilight changing, RD accomplished her goal of becoming a WB. I don't think the show will last that much longer or who knows that is how I feel. I don't want them to put out episodes as filler I want them to be good. 

I mean I hope it lasts a bit longer which would be nice.

Edited by Gone Airbourne

Seven. 

I am willing to bet absolutely nothing that it'll be seven. So, if I win...

Let's see... absolutely nothing at 100:1 odds...

100 x nothing = nothing...

I'd win $1.

• Brohoof 2

Nobody can tell at this point. It all depends on how many more ideas they can come up with. Luckily, Twilicorn is the example that they are perfectly willing to shake the formula up, so I personally think it should have a decent amount of seasons left, easily. That isn't even considering the support from the fanbase, which is immense.