Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help with a pony name?

PetiteLaSouris

Hey ponies, wasn't sure weather to put this up here or in Octavia's hall, but I'm just having some difficulty thinking of a pony name

This is my girl here. She has a personality, a speciality, and a rather complicated back story. But no name :P I had Sky High down for her, and Nimbus, but I'm not sure about either of them.

Posted Image

This peg girl is witty and sharp, with a love of creating sky vehicle so other ponies can enjoy flying as much as she does. But I don't want anything that's directly related to her talent, just something sky/pilot/cloud pegasus themed

So yeah, any help would be appreciated. And if I'm in the wrong place point me in the right direction :wacko:

• Brohoof 4

Yes, think this should be at Octavia's hall. Though It's not a big problem, we are humans ponies, we do mistakes. :P

Anyways, with the name. I was thinking of Leonora Vinsi (or something similar), because she loves creating inventions especially flying ones, like Leonardo Da Vinci, though her cutie mark is a bit of a problem, so I guess the name will not fit for her.

Also I've been thinking about Asha's tear, but It wouldn't make any sense for a pegasus. So this one is out of the question too. Though it would fit if she was caring and sensetive like Fluttershy.

And last, but not least... Blue Baron? lol.

I'm bad at creating names, though maybe these ones will help you decide on her name.

Hm, when making up a name for mine I decided on Skystar (I made up my pony before joining) and went through tons of other names...

Cloud Skimmer and High Flyer were two of them which might suit yours!

Edited by Skystar

@skystar, those names are really good :D I'll put them on my list. I have a few ponies already sorted out, this girl is just the only one with no name :P

Thanks so far for all the suggestions, It's helping me get some good ideas.

Wonderful pic, It's very well drawn! Hows about Azure Skywing? Has a nice sound to it dontcha think?

As for being in the wrong place, since this is art, it is more suited for Octavias Hall. Just wait til a mod sees this thread, and I'm sure it will be whisked away and plopped back down over there ;)

Cirrus Wisp.

Airheart (as in Amelia Earhart).

Skyblue.

Nimbus also sounds like a good name.

I second Airheart and Skyblue. Although, I think Sky Blue with the space would work better. It just seems more ponyish to me. Not really sure why :/

Wow, log in this morning and there's so many suggestions :D Those are all fantastic names. but my faves are Cloud Skimmer, High Flyer, Air Heart, and Sky Blue.

Now I need to somehow narrow it down to one of those :P Thanks everypony for being such a huge help

Aww, she's cute. My suggestion sounds not so pony and is more star than cloud related (I am StarGazer) but it's one of the stars in the Pegasus constellation Alpha Andromedae. If you wanna go mythology you could also do Icarus (he and his father made wings to escape prison), or Wil'O Wisp.

Why not have a poll of your stated favorites ? :D

This peg girl is witty and sharp, with a love of creating sky vehicle so other ponies can enjoy flying as much as she does. But I don't want anything that's directly related to her talent, just something sky/pilot/cloud pegasus themed

Love the back story. Very similar to Manestache's back story except your pony invents so her friends can join in on the fun, while Manestache invents for himself so he can overcome his Earth Pony limitations (not to mention he's a bit jealous of his Alicorn friend Lionheart [see my signature for the pair] but he'll never admit that).

Naming a Pony can sometimes be the hardest part, even harder then the drawing or writing the concept/backstory! "Manestache" came naturally, "Lionheart" came from a forum member.

I can't really come up with any others that top what's been said. But if I can think of something I'll make sure to post it.