Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could You Survive a Day as Spike?

Jack Durango

Spike is no doubt the number one assisstant for Twilight Sparkle. He does everything asked of him and more, from cooking and cleaning to climbing three-story high bookshelves just to retrieve a dictionary.

But we've all seen the daily amount of abuse he takes at the hooves of Twilight. Whether she's dragging him into a furniture face-plant with her levitation skills or just outright lecturing him on things any sane person wouldn't give a second thought, Spike has to put up with an awful lot because of his not-so-stable friend's whims and worries.

If you had to be Spike for a day, could you handle this kind of ragdoll treatment?

post-5694-0-09116000-1346608918.jpg

I'm pretty darn good at using a toaster.

Not too sure about sorting books though...

Maybe if I was the kitchen assistant. My amazing microwave techniques would have them fast fuds out in no time.

On the one hand, abuse and torture. On the other hand, ponies. Decisions, decisions...

In any case, though, Spike seems well-adjusted enough, and we've seen him helping Rarity and doing other things of his own volition, not to mention he has freedom as well (Twilight and the others did allow him to go on the dragon migration, after all). I imagine the slapstick abuse shown in the show probably isn't a daily thing for him. So I don't think his life is particularly miserable.

That being said, though, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't survive a day in Spike's life. I'd have to be bribed with ponies to go through with it. x3

I most likely would not be able to. I mean i do not know how to cook, I don't have good penmanship, and I am not the best at spelling.

So yeah I really wouldn't be able to last a day as Twilight's min-butler/servant thingy.

I'd manage -- and I dont really see Twilight as being abusive to spike -- she loves the little guy. Yes she demands a lot of him, but when he is zonked out she lets him sleep etc. She is kind of like a mother figure as much as a boss.

I'm pretty darn good at using a toaster.

Not too sure about sorting books though...

Maybe if I was the kitchen assistant. My amazing microwave techniques would have them fast fuds out in no time.

Haha,

I can just imagine "Spike" .... "We need more hot pockets!!!"

Although if you where spike i guess you could gook everything with your flame breath :P you don't even need a toaster :D!

• Brohoof 1

I could spend any amount of time with Twilight, regardless of whether or not I was her slave.

And this topic is very biased in Spike's favor, if he didn't like it he is free to leave Twilight and live on his own.

To be honest I might be able to survive a day as Spike. Especially in helping a pony, it really would be my pleasure. But idk about standing for Twilight's punishments, though

Like Blue said, Spike seems more like a little brother than a slave or something. Yes, he does have to do work and organize this and that but that doesn't automatically make him a slave or something. I do the same thing with my sister (except I'm a slack-off and she does all the work).

Now back on topic. I think I would survive being Spike for a day. I mean, there is a good side of it. I get to see the mane 6 when they're at Twi's house. I do like to organize things and do work when I'm not watching T.V. or on the laptop watching pony stuff. So I guess I would survive a day of being Spike.

I don't know,

I'm really not all that organized to be honest and i'm really quite irritable when it comes to really long lectures about my performance and whatnot

Though being able to be in Ponyville for a while does sound rather tempting

Hmm, Trade watching MLP:FIM From the safety of my Magical Couch or Write letters to a Princess and Constantly having chest pains over and over again?

Yeah I would survive. I mean, Hanging out with Twilight Sparkle is the Only Pro for me.. :blush:

I'm not too good at organizing books and such, but anything else that anypony could do, I could probally be able to do.

Now, if for a LONG time, i'm not gonna be able to, but if I know it's only one day, I'll have my A-game up.

I guess it partly depends if I'm dealing with ponys ;p.

I could proably deal with it for a little while, but it might start to get on my nerves after a while. Still I'm sure I could atleast do pretty well.

Also I can be pretty perfectionist on alot of things I do which means I may end up avoiding some lectures since I'll be doing things to the absolute best of my ablitys(Depending on my mood I guess)

So yeah I think I could survive 1 day. Maybe not forever.

But ponys would be a very tempting bribe....

My siblings and I watch the episode together and we have a laugh at all the wierd junk twilight puts him through. I can't count the number of times I've thought "You have telekinesis, you put the books away

Edited by DashForever