Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Retro/Nostalgic Game Thread

Plasmastorm X-15

So many possibilities, I would probably explode if that was announced.

But wasn't the last game they developed Haze? And, aside from the back-story for me, it did poorly. :(

Ah! So many games I've never heard of.

The difficulty factor always looms over me with retro games. I'm terrible at the easy ones, so actual hard would be impossible for me.

I think the oldest games I've played that I can remember are the ones on Nintendo 64. And by comparison to yours I'm guessing it might as well be the Playstation 4, haha. I specifically remember the Adams Family Game. Never did complete.

Think I remember the Adams game, was that the one where you played as pugsley? Alot of good games on the 64 though ^_^

Back then devs made games hard to increase playability, but some of the older ones took it way way to far.

When it comes to hard games...for your own sanitys sake never play ghosts n goblins , I swore a holy oath NEVER to play it again after I completed it, but I broke that wow when I got older of course ;) By many considered the hardest game made...I actually consider completing that a accomplishment.

So, many gamers must have that one game that they wish more people knew of, right?

There has to be at least one game in your collection which you feel could've been more popular, that more people could have enjoyed. Hopefully I can get a few responses and check out these lost masterpieces. Or, if you want to challenge a terrible review you believe a game has gotten, I'd like to hear.

Anyway, for me, the lost game series would have to be Timesplitters. Timesplitters 2 mainly. Apparently these games only exist for me and about three others. It was my first ever FPS which had brilliant gun-play, customisation and humor. The story was very gripping, and there's nothing sweeter than making it out of an exploding space station with literally a second to spare. Saying that, it did get positive reviews, so maybe there are more people with it out there.

I'm interested in hearing your tales of nostalgia too, thanks!

Iloved time splitters, I played that game sooooo manytimes it was rediculous.
  • Brohoof 1

Hah! I would love to see you buy a "gaming" computer back in the 80s/early 90s. Back then consoles was what you needed to actually play, so you should read up on what you are actually saying before posting nonsense like that. Because pc rocks for games now, doesnt mean it was always like that!

I was merely stating, if you want to get old games from GoodOldGames, don't count on console titles, only PC titles really see rereleases as because console titles used various formats not suitable to actually get onto PC anymore.

Also in the later 90's PC gaming saw a major boost, although most of these games weren't so high tech and likely did not require a lot to be run. So having a gaming PC in that day was really not so wow-worthy. Earlier there weren't many PC games, simply because we barely got GUI's to work at that time. So PC games. Well, not happening.

Paraworld

Rise of Legends

Dark Sector

Dark Sector looks pretty good, at least for the gore factor. And according to the narrator I may be able to run Paraworld! That's a first.

Think I remember the Adams game, was that the one where you played as pugsley? Alot of good games on the 64 though ^_^

Back then devs made games hard to increase playability, but some of the older ones took it way way to far.

When it comes to hard games...for your own sanitys sake never play ghosts n goblins , I swore a holy oath NEVER to play it again after I completed it, but I broke that wow when I got older of course ;) By many considered the hardest game made...I actually consider completing that a accomplishment.

I can't fully remember. I just remember a talking tree. Erm. Yeah.

I don't need the 'hardest game ever made' smashing my already pitiful skills and confidence, thanks. :lol:

Just remember a couple of new games I fee should have be way more known than they were, 1.Vexx for the ps2. For a game that seems so bright, its remarkably dark..And 2, Altered beast for the ps2, it was awesome :ph34r:

Now, for about 17 years iv been Mega mans Biggest fan. Sonic the hedgehog's as well (i mean, i have a sonic the hedgehog wallet for pete's sake lol) There Fan Base Is STILL Strong. Sonic and megaman have had there 20th anniversary's not to long ago. I could list probably every MAJOR title from when i was little, but the one game i truly wish got more popularity was Gunstar Heros. Heres Gameplay footage. And incase you Actually like what you see, its avalable on the Sega Genesis, Wii, and Xbox 360 as downloadable titles. its i believe 800 MS points on xbox and i forget how much for the wii. but trust me, its worth it. Sepecially when you have 2 players on the very hard difficulty.

Come to think of it, Streets of Rage needed more Fandom as well. Aww shoot, Sega made ALOT of games that were over looked.

Edited by Fear Moonscar

Just remember a couple of new games I fee should have be way more known than they were, 1.Vexx for the ps2. For a game that seems so bright, its remarkably dark..And 2, Altered beast for the ps2, it was awesome :ph34r:

Looked very Resident Evil-y at the start, but then tearing up weird monsters as a weird monster looks awesome. I wanna be the fat one.

Now, for about 17 years iv been Mega mans Biggest fan. Sonic the hedgehog's as well (i mean, i have a sonic the hedgehog wallet for pete's sake lol) There Fan Base Is STILL Strong. Sonic and megaman have had there 20th anniversary's not to long ago. I could list probably every MAJOR title from when i was little, but the one game i truly wish got more popularity was Gunstar Heros. Heres Gameplay footage. And incase you Actually like what you see, its avalable on the Sega Genesis, Wii, and Xbox 360 as downloadable titles. its i believe 800 MS points on xbox and i forget how much for the wii. but trust me, its worth it. Sepecially when you have 2 players on the very hard difficulty.

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=2MwaENHMrUw

Come to think of it, Streets of Rage needed more Fandom as well. Aww shoot, Sega made ALOT of games that were over looked.

Going mental with a never-ending flamethrower? That seems my speed. Everything but PSN though... :(

And Streets of Rage is a barrel of laughs with a friend. I can't help but kick team-mates in the head. Also- Mmm, chicken!

• Brohoof 1

Looked very Resident Evil-y at the start, but then tearing up weird monsters as a weird monster looks awesome. I wanna be the fat one.

Going mental with a never-ending flamethrower? That seems my speed. Everything but PSN though... :(

And Streets of Rage is a barrel of laughs with a friend. I can't help but kick team-mates in the head. Also- Mmm, chicken!

Oh you get more than just a flame thrower. you get laser's, these little triangles that chase enemies. (AKA The Chaser)

You can mix weapons to! Mis the flame with the laser and you get something similar to a light saber. Mix flame with chaser and you have a trail of fire that chases your enemies! Mix chaser and laser... and you have founf the right hand of god (so to speak) it chases one enemy at a time but once it connects it destroys them darn near instantly, then it moves onto the next. Get surrounded and it kills em so fast it looks like its confused on where to go. lol

And streets of rage was mine and my buddy joes game. Sadly at the end we had to fight eachother and i always won (Thanks to mortal kombat training my fingers to tap REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY Fast lol)

Oh you get more than just a flame thrower. you get laser's, these little triangles that chase enemies. (AKA The Chaser)

You can mix weapons to! Mis the flame with the laser and you get something similar to a light saber. Mix flame with chaser and you have a trail of fire that chases your enemies! Mix chaser and laser... and you have founf the right hand of god (so to speak) it chases one enemy at a time but once it connects it destroys them darn near instantly, then it moves onto the next. Get surrounded and it kills em so fast it looks like its confused on where to go. lol

And streets of rage was mine and my buddy joes game. Sadly at the end we had to fight eachother and i always won (Thanks to mortal kombat training my fingers to tap REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY Fast lol)

Just tried to check PSN store. Under maintenance. I have brilliant timing.

Homing flames and lasers?! We need more of that nowadays. And I believe I kicked my friend off of an elevator in one of the Streets of Rage games and ended up not having to fight him. Win!

• Brohoof 1

Just tried to check PSN store. Under maintenance. I have brilliant timing.

Homing flames and lasers?! We need more of that nowadays. And I believe I kicked my friend off of an elevator in one of the Streets of Rage games and ended up not having to fight him. Win!

lol i did that to joe like 4 times (three of them on purpose ;) ) SoR is a game to play with your best friend only... that way a friend ship isnt ruined. And about the weaponry, YES WE DO!

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Battlezone (1998). This remake of the classic arcade game was waaaay ahead of its time fusing FPS tank combat with real-time strategy elements. What it lacks in story it more than makes up for in gameplay. Introduced me to FPS and RTS growing up and is still one of my all time favorite games.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem was one of the very best Gamecube games, yet it didn't sell very well. People say they want a mature IP from Nintendo? ED was in fact such a thing, and everyone seems to forget that. ;)

Pikmin. Moreso Pikmin 2. I had so much damn fun with that game. If you own a Gamecube or even a Wii i STRONGLY recommend these stellar games. (stellar, see what i did there? Space, planets, yeah)

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to ask what games you liked to play when you were younger. I enjoyed playing Super Mario Sunshine, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart DD, Fallout, and last but not least Oddworld Strangers Wrath.(Below)

post-4155-0-10430600-1336244880.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Age of Empires 2 (and the expansion) and the Harry Potter games. There are probably more but i just thought of these off the top of my head.

Super Smash Bros Melee was my childhood, everday I would play that, I still play it to this day. ( I bought it back in 2003 )

Same here, i left my TV on all night to get Mewtwo

Pokemon Fire-Red and Ruby were my personal favorites.

I just wanted to ask what games you liked to play when you were younger. I enjoyed playing Super Mario Sunshine, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart DD, Fallout, and last but not least Oddworld Strangers Wrath.(Below)

I played Super Mario Sunshine too and i still have it!

Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Age of Empires 2 (and the expansion) and the Harry Potter games. There are probably more but i just thought of these off the top of my head.

Stills play Battlefront, We have a lot in common guys!

• Brohoof 3

I loved

I loved playing Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Republic Commandos

I loved I loved playing Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Republic Commandos

Oh ya republic commando! That's another one i forgot to add lol. That game was awesome :P

(edited)

The evolution of my gaming childhood went something like this:

Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt

Tetris

Zelda Link's Awakening

Zelda Link to the Past

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Super Smash Bros

Super Metroid

Banjo Kazooie

Pokemon Red

Mario Kart 64