Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I get my parents to buy me a webcam?

Simcity11100

Get a job, buy one.

If you arent old enough for a job you probably shouldnt be exposing yourself on camera to strangers on the internet in the first place.

• Brohoof 6

Get a job, buy one.

If you arent old enough for a job you probably shouldnt be exposing yourself on camera to strangers on the internet in the first place.

he (she?) never said he would be using it to talk to strangers, he could use it for to talk to family and friends, or other people he knows that are not strangers. Edited by Flare
  • Brohoof 1

Umm, they don't have any reasons why you shouldn't have one? I can think of a few why no one should have one. Why do you want a web cam?

As much as I was in you shoes years ago (different thing I wanted tho; American Girl Doll, took me a year to earn all the money for shipping, the doll and the accessories I wanted. My mom was so impressed she paid for shipping and bought my doll the dress I was going to save up to buy next :) not a webcam but still...) I'm all for the buy it yourself option. You can get them pretty cheap at stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls and it feels nice to have earned something all on your own. They aren't that awesome anyway. And if you don't want to earn the money to buy it yourself ask for it as a reward for doing well in school/ accomplishing something. Just saying that you want a web cam, stating the reasons why you should have it and you would like them to buy it for you probably won't work (tried it in my day). Perhaps say, what can I do to earn a web cam?

Sorry to sound like a mother hen but if you at least attempt to earn it it will show them that you are maturing and they might help you out if they see that you are working hard to earn something you really truly want.

Edited by StarGazer

Webcams are a nice way to communicate with friends and family, a shame that such a huge step in the evolution of communication has seemingly been ignored for the most part!

Well buy it yourself if you truly want one! If not then try to tell your parents that they could use it too to talk to relatives they rarely get to see or something similar to that.

I remember having a pretty decent webcam I got for like $20, only flaw was no noise, it required a mike, and the quality fell after about three months of use.

Save up for your own ;)

• Brohoof 1

You should probably just not worry about it too much until you have the appropriate amount you need to purchase it yourself. But if you're very young, don't have any allowance and can't afford to buy it I doubt their reasoning for not buying you one (which you can probably read into) will change . I don't mean to be discouraging. But if you must, I'd say look into buying one for cheap (and at somewhat f a risk) from ebay or amazon...unless you're not allowed to make online purchases. :blush:

• 8 years later...
On 1/5/2012 at 3:57 AM, Simcity11100 said:

I told them everything and they don't have a reason why I shouldn't have one, and I tell them a lot of reasons, why are they impossible to convince?

Did you tell them they are really cheap at Walmart? They are like, cheap, and stuff!

I bought my first webcam in 2009, at a Walmart in Wisconsin.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...