Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happened to Tank?

Sakutama

I just adore the episode where Rainbow Dash gets a pet, but what happened to Tank? I haven't seen him sense that episode (unless I just missed him?), and I never see him in pictures where the other pets show up. Am I the only one who is a little sad inside that he never made another appearance? :(

• Brohoof 1

Most likely a one-appearance character. I don't really know how there would be enough content based around the pet to warrent another episode. Quite frankly, I found him to be a bit boring in the first place.

~~

• Brohoof 1

He lives happily in the clouds, helping Dash clearing the skies in the morning, flying around during the day and sleeping in night. His dream is to be the fastest tortoise, so he practices his flying as much as possible.

Btw Tank´s the best pet.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if he will show up again. I think Tank only showed up once to give Rainbow Dash a pet, because she was the only of the Mane 6 without one yet. I'm almost sure that he'll appear again if another episode is focused on their pets, but not as often as Gummy or Winona though.

I'd really like to see him in another episode. He's my favorite pet. :P

• Brohoof 1

Aww he doesen't need his own episode, I just want him to pop up randomly like the other pets do! Depending on the story the other pets make appearences here and there for a few seconds, right? It would just be nice to know he's still out there flying with her.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, Tank is what you call a one-shot character he really only has one real episode thats focused on him. But im sure he will have a few cameos with the other pets or at least a mention.

By the way I would've loved it if they saved the title for a future season episode about whos pet is better and the mane 6 + Spike would train thier pets for a big competition.........Has anyone seen the episode of Spongebob SquarePants where Spongebob challenges Squidward to see who had the best pet snail? Yeah the episode would follow that episodes moral vaules it would make the perfect Pony/Pets episode.

Yeah while I don't doubt he would be shown again, he was only important to the plot of the story in one episode. It could also be that Dash doesn't like to show him off.

Wait were talking about Dash...

Edited by Dusty Soul

We don't see much of the pets anyway. Their just side charters. The only one that is seen a bunch of times would be Angle Bunny, but thats because he's Fluttershys sidekick charter.

This may not be Tank, but it is the only sign of a tortoise in the show we have seen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update- Might as well have the other pick.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 2

Meh, Princess Luna comes and goes as well. She's rarely seen, even in episodes that take place entirely in Canterlot. Hasbro just likes to pretend characters don't exist, sometimes. We've had an episode about Owlowiscious and Tank, and one that highly featured Gummy. We still need episodes about Winona, Angel, and Opalescence.

Angel bunny is best pet. I found Tank to be boring and not the right pet for rainbow. Sure he helped her but to be honest I think the falcon would have been better. Dont get me wrong I like tank I just dont think he was right for RD.

Two words: Turtal Soup *insert evil laugh here*

I agree with dusty, he was only important for the plot of one episode so likely will never make an appearance again.

Also best pet is gummy, even based on just his dance he wins by a landslide. :D

Like the other pets, he will likely show up in the background sometime or be mentioned off hand - the only pets that get a lot of screen time really are Angel, Rarity's cat, and Gummy. Owliouicious (I know I spelled that wrong) and Wionna have appeared every once in a while - I'm sure it will be the same situation for that loveable turtle tortoise.

First of all, stop calling him a turtle, everypony! The show made it quite clear that he's a tortoise.

Now in response, it is quite obvious what happened to him. His toys were discontinued. Duh.

I'm sorry I didn't mean for him to get his own episode, I just hoped he would make another camio somewhere in season 2 but I never saw him. :(

I just fell in love with Tank in that pet episode. If you watch carefully, he is constantly trying to win Rainbow over, even with the odds against him. Fluttershy said his dream was to be someones pet, he was probably looked over lots of times. He tried to look "cool" and get Rainbows attention, but he was kicked away, stood on, put down, "attacked" by Opal, told to give up...and he tried to do things to impress Rainbow even though he probably knew he couldn't succeed (like at the talent show) but after all that that little tortoise never gave up and in the end he showed Rainbow that a true pet/friend will never let her down. And the best part, he got his little helicopter so he could keep up with Rainbow, or do his darn best to, I know he'll never give up! I know i'm such a softie at heart but I could cry I love his determination.

He's just to be assumed to be kept home, like most of the pets, and only shown when they somehow add to the plot. I'd like to know how Tank, a non-pegasus stays on the clouds though...

Though, I'm sure we'll see him again at some point. All the other pets have shown up again, hell, we see Angel and Opal all the time, and Winona's popped up here and there. I'd be a bit surprised if he doesn't at least make one more appearance, if only in the background. Maybe not Season 3, but sometime later.

Bottom line is, he has to pop up again. Dashie's gotta spread some more swag around now that she's got her tenacious tortoise.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, I have terrible news:

Tank died due to Rainbow Dash's cleverness in putting his habitat on top of the microwaves. After that, Rainbow Dash wanted some popcorns and used the microwaves. That's all I know.

Tank was a just a background character for an episode.

I'd like to know how Tank, a non-pegasus stays on the clouds though...

Its implied non-pegasus ponies and animals can stay on top of items that are n the clouds safely without falling through the clouds.

A.K.A Rarity standing in the balloon basket thats on the clouds.

Maybe he'll show up in an episode where it would make sense.

I'm pretty sure hes not getting a whole episode dedicated to him or anything tho. Hes a kinda shallow character for that kind of thing.

I'm not like a huge fan of him or anything but hes cool and all. It made a nice episode. And btw the song in that episode is awesome.

Anyways it would be cool to see him again I guess, but I don't want a whole episode or anything based off him(He kinda had that one episode focused somewhat around him already).