Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Wii U Launch Info

Radiance64

I am currently very hyped for the Wii U :), sad news is having to wait 2 more months for it :(

Really excited for Pikmin 3 the most at the moment, been dying to hear about it for years at the last several E3's and now its awesome to finally have it actually releasing.

Also i am happy that the Wii U Supports HD :)

anypony got one pre-ordered yet? and if so which one?

Just pre-ordered a Black Wii U, or otherwise known as the Deluxe Set not too long ago today at Gamestop.

Edited by superponylinux

Nintendo has always been known to be innovators in the video game business, for better or worse. I really have hopes for this system, but not much though. The reason why is the developers are willing and ready to make changes in the video game industry, but the consumers might not be ready, which is one of the primary reasons why Wii was slowly losing the race in sales over time compared to Microsoft and Sony. The reason why is many of us are afraid of change and aren't willing to move out of their comfort zone. Nintendo Entertainment Analysis Development (EAD) always strive to make their products different and unique while Microsoft and Sony stick to what is traditional. If there is going to be a fatal flaw with this system, this is it. Other than that, I don't really see anything truly wrong with this system. They have surprised the world with the WiiMote and now they have a tablet-like device to act as a controller. I also like their decision to produce Official Nintendo traditional controllers for those who love playing hardcore shooters or who just can't imagine playing SSB without it. (Like me, for instance) I truly wish the best of luck to Nintendo for this system and I will definitely be buying the Premium bundle from GameStop along with NSMB U, ZombiU, and ME3. I hope that they never stop daring to go beyond traditions in the VG business. :wub:

• Brohoof 3

This really caught my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=08O0G9CjcI8

Of course, you'll still have to pay for Netflix and other junk, but a free media service just gets me interested.

As for the WiiIU itself, I am excited, but also a tad worried. I feel like my expectations for the WiiIU are too high and I am afraid I might get disappointed when it finally launches. However, promises of a better online interface with actual stunning games like Assassin's Creed III or Rayman Legends keeps my hopes high.

Who here is getting the WiiU Controller Pro when launch time comes? I'm definitely getting one because I just know I'll hate the default controller lol. :P

• Brohoof 1

I was quite surprised by this presentation, for the better of course. A lot of announcements, release day not too far away and it's priced well. . This seals the deal of getting a premium bundle day 1! x)

Eagerly waiting! I hope to see a lot of people from here. =)

• Brohoof 1

While the Wii U looks great, I wasn't impressed by most of it's games.

Nintendo Land is the next new gimmicky Wii Sports that everyone and their grandma will play. (Literally)

Another 2D Mario Sidescroller? Please, you've seen one, you've seen them all.

I was addicted to Pikmin a long time ago, but after I beat both games, the magic of the series wasn't there anymore. If they bring back Purples again, there will be absolutely no challenge, exactly why Pikmin 2 was so flippin' easy. (They're aimbotting, stunning, instakill, and easy to produce.)

I have to admit: ZombiU looks good, but I can't betray my allegiance to Left 4 Dead.

Will I get it? Maybe. Will I love it? Most likely. Will I play it a lot? Looking at the game lineup, not that much.

Well yesterday I just preordered the 32gig version of the Wii U :)

no idea what games are coming out for release though, as I haven't looked into that yet. :huh:

Honestly I just have a bad habit of buying systems as they come out :P

Even if I don't play them much, like my wiis has less than a week of game time played on them combined :lol:

The more I hear about this system's games, the more excited I get. New Super Mario Bros. U seems like it'll be everything the previous NSMB games should have been with its online connectivity and cool extra modes, and the more I hear about Zombi U, the cooler the game gets, seems almost like a Zombie apocalypse themed Dark Souls. :D

November 18th eh? I wasn't going to get it right away anyways. Do you think nintendo will come out with "slim" version by 2014? 32 Gigs isn't enough for me, so I hope they come out with a 120 Gig or something.

Actually, you can plug in an external hard drive to the system if you want, so I don't think storage will be an issue as long as you're willing to do that. ;)

I watched the EU preview first because as I'm in Australia we pretty much get what ever Europe gets but with our own inflated prices, Here is a link to that video if anyone is interested.

Some noticeable differences are that the sensor bar isn't included in the basic pack and as Nintendo TVii is only going to be released in America at launch they spent more time talking about the games as well as the actual contents of the boxes and specifications on the differant hardware.

There is more detail on Nintendoland, the same but differently said things on NSMBU, the creator of Rayman talks about Rayman Legends which will be a launch day game (at least in UK), there's also a very good preview of Zombie U at 22:05 where gameplay is shown and talked about, they talk about downloadable content games coming out (Trine 2, Torki Torki 2, Nano Assult Neo) (Note that the UK store and US store are different), Talk more about lego city Undercover, and near the end of the video there's also a special video about Monster Hunter 3 for European fans which is not in English but has subtitles. Other then a picture from the game I don't think there's was any new info.

Personally I'm going to wait until closer to the release date to pre-order if I end up doing so and I want to mention the prices here are selling the basic for $350 and the premium for $429 and the release date will be 30th November as in Europe.

As much as I love Nintendo, I still cannot get myself excited for this at all. 32gb for 350$ is not very enticing, but the Wii did have some fantastic games, just bland third party support with some hidden gems (Madworld for example). I will just wait and see on this one.

This is the first Nintendo console that I am just not excited for.

Someday down the line, I'd like to get one. However, right now there just isn't anything interesting coming to it. Plus, it still has Friend Codes, and that is simply inexcusable.

Yerp, I'm pretty much defs' gettin' a Wii U. Problem is, the deluxe edition is like, sold out for pre-order. I guess it's camp-out-in-front-of-Target time! xD Nah, but I've been waiting for this console since before I had a Wii even (that's right, I didn't get a Wii until a few months ago :P), and it looks awesome!!! $350 is a bit steep, but who cares about money these days, anyways? :D

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Ermahgerd! I got to play with a Wii U last night! :wub:

I was at the midnight release of Assassin's Creed III, where my brother was waiting for a copy, and I saw it. The Wii U only had one playable demo, but it was awesome! The controller felt bette than I'd expected. I wasn't sure if it would be comfortable, but it definitely is!

And I also thought Rayman Legends was pretty sweet! :D

The demo had two levels; One was very touch-based and the other had music timed with the events going on.

The castle would have you run and attack stuff, sliding on chains all while Black Betty plays in the background, all in sync. It was awesome.

In short, I DEFINITELY can't wait for my Wii U now! :3 *explodes!*

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?!

Monster Hunter?! Outside of Japan?! I LOVED that game! The music... The graphics... The monsters... The design... The community... After waiting for so long, I had given up hope on seeing it again. I think I'm going to cry.

Seriously, Monster Hunter alone is more than enough to justify buying the console. If you haven't played Monster Hunter before, this is a great time to start!

I'm gonna wait until Monster Hunter comes out before I buy mine. I'm hoping they'll release a special Monster Hunter Wii-U.

Edited by Urdnot Shepard
  • Brohoof 2

I had actually began to doubt whether I would get a Wii U or not, as I just bought the new iPod Touch, but everybody seems to be liking it and saying it's awesome, so I'll ask for half of it as a combined birthday/Christmas present from 4 of my sisters. And I'll pay for the other half. :P

• 7 years later...

Wii U didn't do very well. Nintendo has an habit of getting things right again. Seems like the Switch was a success! I don't think the next console, Switch U will be any good either. (They really need to drop the U, if you ask me)