Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Learning how to sprite ponies

Darkanine

While i was away i did some major work on my MLP game and thus started to sprite certain ponies Dshou(The guy who made the base sprites) he hasn't made and because i like to have alot of secerts in my game i wanted to use side characters and certain OC's if they allow me(of course)

My first sprite(spit fire)

Posted Image

Working a prince blue blood sprites(99% done just need to add a bow tie and maybe a tux)

if anyone wants a sprite of their OC i'll be happy to make one but i might only be able to make one a day

Edited by Darkanine
  • Brohoof 5

*Raises hoof* Oh Me me! Please!? Ok excuse that part make's me feel desperate ( I am! ) but can make one for me if you don't mind my OC is my avatar at the moment so it serves as picture base

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mellows was surprisngly easy(except for the NES controller) I'm not sure if its cropped to work in a game right though ,sorry rascal I know its medicore but i'm not good with compicated designs yet

I would advise against drawing your sprites on a white background as your colors will likely look very different if you were to place your characters in a dark setting. I hear that drawing them on a gray background is best for making sure your characters look best on any background, but if a character is going to appear in a very specific colored background, it's best to draw their colors on that background to make sure their colors look right.

Just a thought.

I swear there's a way to whip up a pony sprite maker.

People who are making pony kart made one simply because of that need to create some and fast.

You just take most of the code for a pony creator programme... and add an export routine.

I would advise against drawing your sprites on a white background as your colors will likely look very different if you were to place your characters in a dark setting. I hear that drawing them on a gray background is best for making sure your characters look best on any background, but if a character is going to appear in a very specific colored background, it's best to draw their colors on that background to make sure their colors look right.

I don't,Its a transparent background actually

0.0 Can you do my OC? http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/split-focus-r1539

you don't have to but it would be SOOooo cool, what is this game called?

anyways would love to see my OC as a sprite... i could use it :wub:

Okay starting tomorow(also the game is called magic of the stars i also added it to my my sig)

Wow i'm really glad people are actually posting on this^^

I swear there's a way to whip up a pony sprite maker.

People who are making pony kart made one simply because of that need to create some and fast.

The closest thing you have to a pony sprite maker is the numerous pixel artists who make edits to desktop ponies. Besides, isn't ponykart a 3-d game, or am I confusing that with a different project?

I don't,Its a transparent background actually

(stupid brain farts. I'm getting a lot of them lately.)

If you want more practice so you can start getting faster, here's another you can do:

Posted Image

Sprinting is what I run into all the time when I try to make a game. I'm kind of sad I won't be able to participate in the My Little Game Jam because you have to make your own sprites, and it would take me the whole 48 hours just to finish 1 sheet.

Did you use any tutorials to learn how to do it? Or just teach yourself?

Made an account just to respond! Hiya, glad to see people using my templates and even in fact trying out the characters I haven't time to get to and all!

Edit - Now it took me a moment to notice your dA link and to see you're NeoBolt, but still, same message pretty much!

If you ever feel confident about it, you're allowed to ask me to put your char. sheets in the overview - http://fav.me/d535d0m (I'll have to give the characters a bit of a check-up if they're on the canon list) - if you're alright with sharing them to others for their own games - anyways nice work and hope to see more!

Edited by DShou

Here you go rainbow dashey

Posted Image

If you ever feel confident about it, you're allowed to ask me to put your char. sheets in the overview - http://fav.me/d535d0m

Hey dshou^^ anyway I'm not really sure about it,this is peoples OC's I'm just doing the spriting,but when i get around to start doing the other ponies(carrot top,braeburn ect) then sure

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sprinting is what I run into all the time when I try to make a game. I'm kind of sad I won't be able to participate in the My Little Game Jam because you have to make your own sprites, and it would take me the whole 48 hours just to finish 1 sheet. Did you use any tutorials to learn how to do it? Or just teach yourself?

all you have to do is just go to paint and use the tools in that program to create your sprite.

• 2 months later...

I think this guy doesn't come to this forum anymore...the date on his OP was over two years ago, and on the other forum thread that his signature links to, he says he cancelled his project.

Maybe this thread should be locked or deleted?

While i was away i did some major work on my MLP game and thus started to sprite certain ponies Dshou(The guy who made the base sprites) he hasn't made and because i like to have alot of secerts in my game i wanted to use side characters and certain OC's if they allow me(of course)

My first sprite(spit fire)

img-785775-1-L1Q9F.png

Working a prince blue blood sprites(99% done just need to add a bow tie and maybe a tux)

if anyone wants a sprite of their OC i'll be happy to make one but i might only be able to make one a day

This is so cool! and Super cute! I haven't come up with colors for my OC yet, but All of your designs look great! 

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nothing to do, so...

Can you sprite my OC Double Espresso? Refeence in the siggie, but you can also find a huge loadn

Nothing to do, so...

Can you sprite my OC Double Espresso? Refeence in the siggie, but you can also find a huge load of references at double-espresso-club.deviantart.com