Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

I've been playing a good bit of Advanced Warfare. I told myself I was done with Call of Duty but this one turned out to a lot of fun. Also been playing the PC version of Final Fantasy IV because it's one of the few FF titles I have not played and it is freaking awesome!!

I'm currently replaying Megaman and Bass for the SNES. I'm doing a boss buster-only run, and so far I have all but Burner Man and Dynamo Man remaining. It's very challenging early on, when you don't have the fast charge up or the damage boost items. Once you purchase them later on in the game, the game becomes slightly easier.

I'm also currently playing MM3D. Although it's really early on into the game, it's quite confusing on where to go next if you haven't played the game before.

Civilization 5: Brave New World. I hadn't played the first version in ages and I seemed to really suck at it despite being a tactician and strategist. But, I did very well my first time playing this version. I might have overpowered everyone on a religious and cultural level had I not become exhausted with a game I only had envisioned as a short practice run, especially after it became clear my field army was not up to the job of seizing the Swedish capitol.

Edited by Roketsune
  • Brohoof 1

Civilization 5: Brave New World. I hadn't played the first version in ages and I seemed to really suck at it despite being a tactician and strategist. But, I did very well my first time playing this version. I might have overpowered everyone on a religious and cultural level had I not become exhausted with a game I only had envisioned as a short practice run, especially after it became clear my field army was not up to the job of seizing the Swedish capitol.

I've never really sat down and played a Civ game. However I have been very tempted to buy this game for the last month. I've been searching for a good strategy game to play.

I've never really sat down and played a Civ game. However I have been very tempted to buy this game for the last month. I've been searching for a good strategy game to play.

The game is not old enough apparently for it to be ordinarily heavily discounted. I kept seeing the expansion packs going for 20-30 each, or the complete version for 40-50. I almost decided against it, but then I found a company that sells discounted game keys which was actually reputable and acclaimed. So, I got it for 18 instead. SimCity 4 Deluxe was on sale at Amazon for 5, and the complete versions of Civ 3 and 4 are probably 5-15 each.

Anyway, yeah, I've had much stronger and more frequent urges to game recently. I have had too much to contend with and contemplate to do any gaming online or otherwise for about 2 years, but I suppose I was just so exhausted emotionally that my mind was starting to demand some quality leisure time. Of course, finding a good strategy game which is also not expensive is itself a form of work. There are many types of games, from the RTS to the extremely intensive TBS (which I gravitate towards), of varying quality and possessing various distinctive features.

Edited by Roketsune

I'm in the final dungeon of Digital Devil Saga 2 and it's turning out to be pretty massive. I wanted to beat it today but now I'm going to bed and won't be able to. On top of that I ended up stuck on a really tough boss that they've been foreshadowing since way earlier in the game.

Hopefully tomorrow.

Still playing Persona Q on Risky on First try. 22 hours in and just entered 2nd dungeon 4th floor. 

I think I'm going to pick up Kid Icarus Uprising. Seeing chuggaaconroy plays intrigued me.

How's Persona Q? I'm a big SMT fan (as my post my indicate :lol: ) but Persona has always been kinda hit and miss with me.

Am still playing a bunch of Dragon Age Inquisition, that game is just packed full of awesome content.

I am also playing;

-Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

-Destiny

-Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Awesome in co op :catface: )

-Rayman Legends

-Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

And some others.

Playing a Visual Novel by Four Leaf Studios called Katawa Shoujo. If you have not experienced the feels that this game brings with it in some of its branching storylines, you are missing out on a truly wonderful, sad but breathtaking experience. Its free, so why not give it a try. Guaranty that the storyline for Hanako or Lilly will make you cry at some point.

• Brohoof 1

Playing a Visual Novel by Four Leaf Studios called Katawa Shoujo. If you have not experienced the feels that this game brings with it in some of its branching storylines, you are missing out on a truly wonderful, sad but breathtaking experience. Its free, so why not give it a try. Guaranty that the storyline for Hanako or Lilly will make you cry at some point.

Blast from the past, I can still feel the manly tears I cried while playing that game.

Also I'm playing EUIV and while marketing in EVE: Online

How's Persona Q? I'm a big SMT fan (as my post my indicate :lol: ) but Persona has always been kinda hit and miss with me.

It's a great game, although if you mind the character personality it might hurt your eyes a bit, since everyone is dumbed down here. (Chie = all about Meat, Akihiko = all about Protein, Rei = All about Food) 

Also, there's a special type of enemy called FOE that will give you a sub persona around 10 level higher and I've defeated a lot of them, thus my characters are all strong in the 2nd dungeon.

I downloaded Ace Combat: Infinity yesterday. It pretty much feels the same as Assault Horizon, just without DFM and ASM. Yes, it is a free-to-play game that isn't free for long, but it's the only one I'll accept.

Oh how I want the XFA-27 so badly...

AC in WW2... O_o that would be awesome

This is a dream one for me.

The assassin you play as is French, you're forced to escape to Britain when France surrenders, and right at the end (not the ending), you get to kill Hitler and turn the body over to the Russians. As a DLC add-on (because of course), you get to kill Stalin.

League of Legends and Team Fortress 2. Used to play DotA 2, but the ranked community on there (just like the one on League of Legends) is bucking CRUD. I play League of Legends only unranked. But I may even stop that soon and shift to playing exclusively good old Team Fortress 2. Because it doesn't cause me any stress like my other choices. Heck even Fallout: New Vegas is a struggle because I somehow got stuck, and am too lazy to just restart.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

League of Legends and Team Fortress 2. Used to play DotA 2, but the ranked community on there (just like the one on League of Legends) is bucking CRUD. I play League of Legends only unranked. But I may even stop that soon and shift to playing exclusively good old Team Fortress 2. Because it doesn't cause me any stress like my other choices. Heck even Fallout: New Vegas is a struggle because I somehow got stuck, and am too lazy to just restart.

Yeah I was really into League a awhile myself and everyone once in a while I will play a few games but the community ruins the game. The game its self is very fun in my opinion but the overall experience isn't worth it. 

I downloaded Ace Combat: Infinity yesterday. It pretty much feels the same as Assault Horizon, just without DFM and ASM. Yes, it is a free-to-play game that isn't free for long, but it's the only one I'll accept.Oh how I want the XFA-27 so badly...  This is a dream one for me. The assassin you play as is French, you're forced to escape to Britain when France surrenders, and right at the end (not the ending), you get to kill Hitler and turn the body over to the Russians. As a DLC add-on (because of course), you get to kill Stalin.

Yes, but they could make an alternate history: like in king washigton dlc. But this time, you have to kill the professors and doctors of the V2 program, the me262 and the development of several other "Wunderwaffen"

It could be really possible... A dream...

• Brohoof 1