Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

Eeeeh, I kinda gave up on the Final Fantasy XIII Plat. It was taking too long and I want to play something else.

I started up Fallout 4 again. I never finished it. I see they haven't fixed all the dialog bugs.

• 3 weeks later...

Cosmic Star Heroine. Same creators as Cthulhu Saves The World and the Penny Arcade RPGs. They always know how to make smooth battle systems. They make a point to take out a lot of the archaic bullshit RPGs still cling to and always have well-balanced battle systems that are easy to exploit but are satisfying to pull off high damage.

Their levels and theming are also well-crafted. They usually make it obvious which path leads to story and sometimes have amazing designs like the zombie town in Cthulhu Saves The World where the walls of the dungeon are literally the zombies themselves swarming through the streets.

For Honor. I'm actually surprised how much I'm still playing that game. I've "played" a few CoD games and love me some Gears but I usually just play to the end of the campaign and stop. With Honor I just keep coming back to it.

I suspect part of it is the fact that unlike those other games I'm actually pretty good at the multiplayer aspect rather than getting shot at from off screen the moment I take more than three steps. Another part of it is that it's pretty interesting to see how other players act and how I respond in accord. Sometimes I will salute my opponent with an emote and they will respond in kind, showing a mutual respect that neither of us will employ unsporting tactics such as ledge kills. Other times they bum rush me mid salute and knock me right off the ledge. Then I come back the next round and eviscerate them for their lack of honor. Not holding back the same way I would have for the opponent who returns my salute.

That and because I got quite invested in the campaign and world, I find reason to keep coming back if only to glimpse the conflict through the multiplayer.

Started up some more American Truck Simulator. It's an incredibly fun truck sim that has very realistic mechanics.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:58 PM, ZethaPonderer said:

Most of the Mega-Man games, from Classic to the Zero series. I'm on a Mega Man-athong. :P

Heh, I've been playing through the X series, finished X3 and am going to do 4 next. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Celli said:

Started up some more American Truck Simulator. It's an incredibly fun truck sim that has very realistic mechanics.

Heh, I've been playing through the X series, finished X3 and am going to do 4 next. 

Same here. Almost done playing X6. Got all the parts. Equipped the Jumper, Speedster, Hyper Dash, and Damage Barrier part to make the game my b:yay:h. Collected 9999 Nightmare Souls. And finishing it with both X and Zero just for punishing myself out of pure frustration. After this, I'll probably play good Megaman games like Megaman Zero 3 and have yet to play X5.

• Brohoof 1