Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

I am still playing the dankest dungeon. Or was. The game kicked the bucket - infinite loading screen. I lost the whole save, which is a shame because I was near the end, having lost only two heroes to some RNG bs, and my own obstinacy. But this also means I have officially beaten this game by default. The game actually surrendered, I want to believe. Still, a little disappointing. It is like winning a boxing match because your opponent had a seizure and is now on a permanent coma. So, yeah.

I have nothing to say, really.

• Brohoof 1

The mod Beyond Reach for Skyrim. I am continuing with an old save, since I usually tend to create multiple characters interwoven within this massive story. It requires some roleplay. Especially when I manage integrate these often complex stories into the one provided by the game itself. It is like solving puzzle with so many moving parts. One affecting each other. And it adds a lot to the experience. Sometimes, so much that the game becomes secondary. It is a creative process for me.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying out a rom hack of the original Super Smash Bros. called Smash Remix and really enjoying and amazed at what they've done with it. That and the Pokemon rom hack Prism! Just recently heard about a business out of Ukraine called https://krikzz.com they make a flash cart for various retro consoles called the Everdrive. I def. recommend checking them out/supporting them if you are into retro gaming. :BrightMacContent:

Spoiler

Mischief Makers' Marina Liteyears and King Dedede now playable in Super  Smash Bros. 64 Remix mod

On 2023-04-14 at 6:39 AM, Splashee said:

Playing Mario Kart (GBA). Playing Yoshi's Island (GBA), and SMB3 (NES)

Mario 3 is a classic. You enjoying it?

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Cash_In said:

Mario 3 is a classic. You enjoying it?

Absolutely. In fact, I am playing all the extra 38 e-Reader levels made for Super Mario Advance 4 (Super Mario Bros 3 for GBA). They are insane!

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

Absolutely. In fact, I am playing all the extra 38 e-Reader levels made for Super Mario Advance 4 (Super Mario Bros 3 for GBA). They are insane!

I love how those stages includes stuff from Mario 2 and World. They're quite challenging too from what I remember. It's like playing a whole new game!

• Brohoof 1

I llove the overworlds in Mario 3! I used to draw my own sketches of them on paper and like, make my own worlds, sort of like imaginary ROMhacks~ ///Happy ponies are enjoying it/// 

I'm currently making my way through the old Resident Evil 4 ^^. It's so beautiful~ 

Edited by FlutterGail

On 2023-04-19 at 4:52 PM, Cash In said:

I love how those stages includes stuff from Mario 2 and World. They're quite challenging too from what I remember. It's like playing a whole new game!

Yes, which is not exactly what is going on. If you know how Super Mario Maker is moving enemies and objects between game themes in a quite effortless way? That’s not what Super Mario Advance 4 has done, which I made an experiment to prove:
The Amazing Flyin’ Hammer Brother is using Mario 3’ platform functions which differ completely in how they operate in Mario World and Mario 2, and is used in the game only once, showing that it was programmed just for Advance 4 with Mario 3’s physics completely intact. That is the highest afford made, that I have seen, from Nintendo. It is impossible to just take an enemy’s code and move it between games when they don’t use the same core techniques to function.

I am currently playing Super Mario 3D World!

20 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Yes, which is not exactly what is going on. If you know how Super Mario Maker is moving enemies and objects between game themes in a quite effortless way? That’s not what Super Mario Advance 4 has done, which I made an experiment to prove:
The Amazing Flyin’ Hammer Brother is using Mario 3’ platform functions which differ completely in how they operate in Mario World and Mario 2, and is used in the game only once, showing that it was programmed just for Advance 4 with Mario 3’s physics completely intact. That is the highest afford made, that I have seen, from Nintendo. It is impossible to just take an enemy’s code and move it between games when they don’t use the same core techniques to function.

I am currently playing Super Mario 3D World!

I think I get what you mean here. Most things in Mario Maker functioned the exact same in all the different graphic themes. Even Mario's physics and control were basically the same, with the only difference being the extra moves like the spin jump.

3D World is also very fun game!