Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anypony else get this?

Ronaan

I honestly dont like repeated episodes. I never have. My little sister watches the show, and I am very grateful for that (thank jesus she doesnt know of my brony status). Ive seen all of the episodes numerous times each, and I have to admit to not watching the show in a month or two (might have been longer). In the time I wasnt watching, and waiting for Season 3, Ive been participating in the seemingly invulnerable community.

My sister was watching the show today, and I was trying not to watch and blow my cover. After Fluttershy made all the difference to get the water to Cloudsdale, I felt like my lungs deflated and my eyes were spouting waterfalls of joy. Ive never felt like this, even the first time watching the show. I just felt like sharing and comparing. ;)

• Brohoof 4

Perhaps you were happy knowing your sister was sitting there, experiencing the same feels for Fluttershy succeeding that you were? That's the only explanation I can think of for feeling that intense over something even though you've seen it a few times previously. Maybe not having watched the show in a while intensified that effect.

• Brohoof 4

It might be that you haven't watched the show in a while and the feels intensified because of this. That is my explanation at least, that can leave you feeling that intensely.

• Brohoof 2

This also happened with the Sonic Rainboom, the Canterlot Royal Wedding, and many others. I dont mind, in fact I enjoy the sensation. I was just wonderig if anypony else has felt like this while watching. :)

Every so often you forget how awesome an episode was. For example the second time I watched swarm of the century I liked it a lot more. Same thing happened with the Rainboom, so when dash did a vertical one during the wedding I stopped and thought "Take that Wonderbolts! If you ever race her she will CRUSH you! Mwahahahaha!" And then I realized how strange that inner monologue was

The same thing happened to me when I was re-watching The Canterlot Wedding episodes again, the first time I watched it I thought "Well okay, this is pretty cool" but when I re-watched it I enjoyed B.B.B.F a lot more and cried when Twilight was exiled. I especially had a felling of Brony satisfaction when the awesome fight scene came up :)

Well personally I never have cried over MLP, I sometimes wish I do. It kinda feels like it would feel good. I think it just seems to be that you haven't watched the show in a while which made the feelings more intensive and it may just be you feel emotions more intensive then others.

I'm pretty sure the crying however was just from reacting to the show. I don't know if it was directly related to the fact you sister was watching or anything.

I did when i started watching, but I think I finally shed my last tear, i used to cry at lots of stuff... I don't over ANYTHING, IDK if that's healthy or not, but i know there is nothing wrong with crying over MLP.

You should also consider yourself lucky someone watches it in your family so you can sneak an episode in.

I cried beards at the "Hurricane Fluttershy" episode again. Along with several others, I feel good now!

Manly manly beard tears.... :(

ahh man comrade your post always leave me laughing xD only a true Russian can cry manly beard tears. I needed a good laugh ;) that was good
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

The sheer joy and emotional impact of reemphasizing certain scenes of the show brings the feelings out for me too. I know what's going to happen in those old scenes or episodes but every time I see it again, it just rejuvenates me and reinsures me to why I love this show in the first place. We love these amazing characters for what they mean for us and we feel for them as they achieve their dreams and goals.