Twilight Sparkle  

78 users have voted

1. 1. Who would score higher on a test?

• Twilight
    • Hermione
  2. 2. Who is better at magic?

• Twilight
    • Hermione
  3. 3. Who would win in a fight between the two?

• Twilight
    • Hermione

I thought it would be fun to try something like this. Twilight and Hermione are very similar, but who is smarter? Who is better at magic? Who would win a fight between the two?

My thoughts are that Hermione is smarter (thank you season 3 promo). She is sharper and less prone to nerves. Twilight, however, has more clear aptitude for magic. As for who would win a fight, I'm not sure. Twilight may be superior at magic, but Hermione's keen mind would allow her to develop good strategy. In the end, I'd have to say Twilight would be more likely to win.

• Brohoof 2

Ponies are better than Humans.

Twilight Sparkle would best Hermione on a test.

I think Twilight is better at magic.

If Twilight and Hermione were really fighting to the death all Hermione would need to use is Avada Kedavra and Twilight would die, unless she is somehow immune to the spell's effect, if so Twilight would win.

But also Twilight and Hermione wouldn't fight in the first place, since their both on the side of good.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 2

Clever comparison. I never thought about this before, they are alike in many ways. Well, I'm very biased towards ponies and Twilight Sparkle, and I never really like Hermione that much in the books or the movies. I'm a homer :D

• Brohoof 1

I voted Twilight for the test, but I think they're pretty even. I voted her for magic because she's done things far beyond hermione's capabilities. I think Hermione wins the fight though because she's been through a war, probably has better reflexes and has more combat experience than twilight

Twilight Sparkle in a landslide -- I mean all you have to do is levitate away the wand and the battle is over. She also wins in the intellect department -- yes Hermione is smart, but Bookworm to Bookworm, Twilight is just in another class.

Oh, one last thing about Hermione -- The only class she did not get an O in was defense against the dark arts -- that is literally her weakest course.

Here's how I see it:

Test: hard to judge. We haven't really seen any intense test-taking by the two in either series, all we know is they're both the smartest in their respective series. Voted Hermione to even out the votes.

Power: Twilight, easily. Her feats have been much greater than Hermione's, so as far as sheer power goes, Twi takes it.

Battle: Hermione would likely win, since she has more technical skill, is (probably) faster, and HP magic is more suited to battle than MLP magic. Also, she has combat experience, and has dueled with high level opponents and won.

• Brohoof 4

Here's how I see it:

Test: hard to judge. We haven't really seen any intense test-taking by the two in either series, all we know is they're both the smartest in their respective series. Voted Hermione to even out the votes.

Power: Twilight, easily. Her feats have been much greater than Hermione's, so as far as sheer power goes, Twi takes it.

Battle: Hermione would likely win, since she has more technical skill, is (probably) faster, and HP magic is more suited to battle than MLP magic. Also, she has combat experience, and has dueled with high level opponents and won.

high level opponents? since when did we start giving people in books, tv show and movies levels and if i missed it what level is Discord

high level opponents? since when did we start giving people in books, tv show and movies levels and if i missed it what level is Discord

"Level" does not merely refer to a numeric representation of strength in an RPG. It just means people who are powerful. Okay, maybe not really powerful, but Hermione solos Death Eaters all the time. Twi could do shit to Discord until she got the Elements. Twilight just isn't a fighter. She can be when she needs to, but her opponents are always not very strong, or so strong she has to get her friends and pull out the Elements, which beats everything.

• Brohoof 2

"Level" does not merely refer to a numeric representation of strength in an RPG. It just means people who are powerful. Okay, maybe not really powerful, but Hermione solos Death Eaters all the time. Twi could do shit to Discord until she got the Elements. Twilight just isn't a fighter. She can be when she needs to, but her opponents are always not very strong, or so strong she has to get her friends and pull out the Elements, which beats everything.

I mostly agree with you and I too think Hermione would win the fight but I'd like to point out that there is a vast power difference between Discord and the average death eaters that Hermione can stomp

I gotta be hella biased on this one and say Twilight Sparkle. Reasons why:

1:She took on a 3 headed dog whilst it took Hermione and her FRIENDS to take one on.

2. Twilight got an Aura on her horn bruh. A MOTHERF*yay*IN AURA ON HER HORN BRUH.

3.Twilight looks alot more huggable too. Cuteness is a powerful magic in itself homie.

4. Mane looks alot more cooler. By 20% by brotha.

5. Just alot more swag. You feel me? Swaggin more den dat griffondor b*yay*h. Whatchu say?

Edited by Galaxyzqt

I mostly agree with you and I too think Hermione would win the fight but I'd like to point out that there is a vast power difference between Discord and the average death eaters that Hermione can stomp

Yeah, but Twi can't solo Discord, and the only thing we know of that can beat him is the EoH. Give Hermione 5 friends and a doomsday level weapon and she could take on a lot more than some Death Eaters. The only thing we've seen Twi solo easily are some changelings.

Let’s assume that the fight was simply a friendly duel.

I think that Twilight would do better than Hermione for a simple reason. Twi has been doing magic since birth, and has had one to one tuition with her god and has practised her craft for much longer.

I think if they had started at the same level, it would be a dead heat. Twilight would win because she is older and has more experience. I know that that may seem like a cheap answer to a lot of kids, but given how similar the two of them are (personality and attitude wise) the extra years Twilight have would give her a very potent edge.

Not to mention that Twilight could disarm Hermione, but Hermione can’t do the same to Twilight.

In saying that, I think that they would work very well together and be fast friends/rivals.

Well of course Twilight is going to get more votes here, this is a My Little Pony forum after all... :huh:

Anyway, I think Hermione would both do better at a test and win in a fight because she seems to be really knowledgeable about the magic in the HP world and there are more offensive spells for her to use in general. Twilight is probably generally better with magic though, since she generally needs to use it in every life and has performed more impressive feats than Hermione imo.

>Hermione vs Twilight

>in a mlp forum

Of course all the fanboy would vote Twilie in everything Posted Image

I'm not really sure about the test, but on raw magical strength, I'm on Twilie's side. She can spam apparate at will and at one time went berserk real hard, a demigod was required to set things right.

On a battle, well, Twilight never show any knowledge on offensive spell other than that "pinkie machine gun", which I'm pretty sure is just a minor magical burst to knock things, while Hermione knows more than enough spells to fill a book.

Ponies are better than Humans.

Twilight Sparkle would best Hermione on a test.

I get what you're saying there, but technically aren't humans muggles? Hermonie is a witch, so does that still count as a human in the HP world?

In terms of raw magic, I voted Twilight. I still think Hermione would do better on a test and in winning a duel. She helped defeat Voldemort, I can't see her losing to a pony, no matter how good Twilight is. Not to mention, Hermione knows a lot of defensive and offensive magics (and I wouldn't be surprised if she had also learned wandless magic while she was at it, as well). Hermione's also the girl who scored 112% on her Charms exam her first year...I know they are both bookworms but I would see Hermione as wanting to do the absolute best on schoolwork, all the time.

Hmm, interesting question. In a straight up fight, Hermione probably has it. Like someone already said, her magic is more applicable to combat, and there is of course Avada Kedavra (though its worth considering that while Hermione could use it, she probably wouldn't. Conscience and all that. In fact, I think it's mentioned at some point that a certain amount of malice or straight up evil is required in a person to effectively use an unforgiveable curse - hence why Harry's use of the Cruciatus on Bellatrix s a bit lacklustre. Hermione could easily have a similar issue in getting malicious towards a purple pony.)

We've seen Twilight fight changelings with reasonable proficiency but her laser beam thing clearly isn't fatal and could probably be blocked by a Shield Charm. Assessing who is more intelligent is difficult, because both are very well versed in knowledge of their respective brands of magic. The one thing Twilight does have going for her is that she can take a beating wuite a bit better. See Feeling Pinkie Keen - drop a piano on Hermione's head and she's probably just gonna die. The EoH are her strongest weapon, but if this is a 1v1 fight, then they're out. If we bring allies into it...well, Hermione has some tough friends, but Twilight's allies do include the sun and moon, so that would probably tip the scales in her favour.

Honestly, I see it being far more likely that they just have an angry nerd-off, then sulk in their respective libraries. Neither of them are naturally combatative, even though they are capable of fighting when necessary.

Well, that was taking it too seriously.

• Brohoof 1

Holy. Poop.

You just made me realize how much Hermione and Twilight are alike. They both do magic and they are excellent at it, they are nerdy and they like books! It all fits!

Anyway, I chose Twilight Sparkle for all the polls because... well Twilight is best pony, nuff' said really xD

Well, that was taking it too seriously.

Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet. You've never taken stuff like this too seriously until you've debated X vs Y on Naruto forums. Shit gets intense. I love it :)

Hmm, interesting question. In a straight up fight, Hermione probably has it. Like someone already said, her magic is more applicable to combat, and there is of course Avada Kedavra (though its worth considering that while Hermione could use it, she probably wouldn't. Conscience and all that. In fact, I think it's mentioned at some point that a certain amount of malice or straight up evil is required in a person to effectively use an unforgiveable curse - hence why Harry's use of the Cruciatus on Bellatrix s a bit lacklustre. Hermione could easily have a similar issue in getting malicious towards a purple pony.)

This is true, however, depending on battle parameters, this could very well be a factor. For example, if we say they're in a fight to the death when neither of them would kill IC, then they obviously must both be OOC. OOC Hermione could very well have enough hate to kill with Avada Kedavra.

In versus threads, saying a character is OOC for a battle generally means they no emotions or personality, unless they'd need them for a certain power to work; that is, OOC characters in versus threads do everything and anything to win as fast as possible. OOC battles are generally so people can debate a fight between two people who wouldn't fight IC, or don't use certain abilities IC. For example, IC Kakashi hardly ever uses Kamui, but OOC Kakashi would beat most opponents near-instantly by opening with it. Or in Marvel, Black Bolt has an extremely powerful voice (he can rip holes in space time by yelling. Whispering is generally enough to take out medium sized buildings). IC, he has a vow of silence and extensive training to prevent him from making any involuntary sounds at all. He mainly only whispers when fighting all but the strongest opponents. OOC, he would probably just talk normally and most enemies are smoking piles of dust.

So OOC Hermione would, conceivably, open with Avada Kedavra, and it'd be over.

We've seen Twilight fight changelings with reasonable proficiency but her laser beam thing clearly isn't fatal and could probably be blocked by a Shield Charm. Assessing who is more intelligent is difficult, because both are very well versed in knowledge of their respective brands of magic. The one thing Twilight does have going for her is that she can take a beating wuite a bit better. See Feeling Pinkie Keen - drop a piano on Hermione's head and she's probably just gonna die. The EoH are her strongest weapon, but if this is a 1v1 fight, then they're out. If we bring allies into it...well, Hermione has some tough friends, but Twilight's allies do include the sun and moon, so that would probably tip the scales in her favour.

This another thing: Twi has shown very little offensive magic (not surprising, given the nature of the show), and nothing I wouldn't think could be blocked by a shield charm, or some other magic.

Also, HPverse has one major thing on the MLPverse; speed.

Spells get thrown around like they're nothing. Characters react near instantly to the opponents spells, usually with a way to block it, or a counter attack. Pretty much any decent wizard can use nonverbal spells with very little concentration.

On the other hand, Twi has to kinda "charge up" most of her spells for a bit, which is pretty long in the midst of battle. Even her laser has a lag of about half a second, and she has to keep her magic up and her horn all glowy to use it repetitively, so it's easy to tell when she's about to.

The one thing Twilight does have going for her is that she can take a beating wuite a bit better. See Feeling Pinkie Keen - drop a piano on Hermione's head and she's probably just gonna die. The EoH are her strongest weapon, but if this is a 1v1 fight, then they're out. If we bring allies into it...well, Hermione has some tough friends, but Twilight's allies do include the sun and moon, so that would probably tip the scales in her favour.

Cartoon physics. That doesn't really mean anything in a fight. Now, if Chrysalis had thrown a piano at Twi for something other than comedic effect, that'd be a different story.

If both sides get 5 allies, then it'd be a lot closer, and basically come down to if 6 wizards can take down 6 ponies before they can activate the EoH, which I'm saying they probably could. Also, if they're all IC, would the EoH really do much to Hermione and her friends? I mean, they are good guys and all. OOC, EoH would be an instant win, but all the ponies would probably get AK'd before they can activate it, so they lose.

Also, remember, while most of Hermione's friends aren't as intelligent as she is, most are at least on her level, if not higher, when it comes to combat. The same cannot be said for Twi's friends. Rarity and Fluttershy would be next to useless. AJ would be easy to take down because she can't do much unless she's in close range. Twi and RD would be the only problems, and RD still has to get close. Yeah, she has speed, but against 6 wizards, she probably can't do much before someone takes her out.

If Twi gets Celestia and Luna, does Hermione get Dumbledore and... (who else is a super powerful good guy... Aberforth or a living Moody, maybe)? 'cuz that'd be an awesome fight. Still say Wizards win, though. The wizards have the speed advantage and powers actually meant for combat, it's just too much for ponies.

• Brohoof 2

I've just had a thought. Maybe we all ask the guys who run Death Battle! at Screwattack to do a video on this.

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle

They do pretty good research into their videos, and they have done a pony one before (Rainbow Dash Vs StarScream) and a Harry Potter one (Mr Potter Vs Luke Skywalker).

The cool thing is that they ask for suggestions. While I am not saying that we should spam them, but all of us sending a single request might do the trick.

• Brohoof 1

Hermione would score better on a test (Season 3 Spoiler!) :D

While Hermione can use magic, Twilight is magic or somethingorother, so Twilight wins there.

I can't really see them fighting combat-style, but Hermione would win in a nerd-off.

i think hermione would win in a fight to the death but twilight is more versed in magic but because hermione knows about the real world she would score better on a test