Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

Not open at all... The only person I've explicitly told is my sister, and anyone else who knows learned it from her (I should really learn to stop telling her things that I don't want others to know...). Perhaps if I met another brony irl, I could open up to them, but that has yet to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh i'm very open about it! and i love it. There is absolutely no reason for me to hide in a closet and be the same old bland shade of grey all the time like my mother wants me to be.

also i'm seeing a few closet bronies around here. I'm bothered by the fact that they feel the need to hide this from the world. there should be no reason to hide! I agree that the gender roles have to stop, and guess what future parents it starts with you!

Edited by angels_gal

I strut around my school with a brony shirt. So yeah, I'm pretty open about it. And surprisingly, there are a lot of other bronies/pegasisters at my school ( I assume so, seeing as they walk up to me randomly and brohoof me). I do get some judgement, but I ususally own them very quickly with a good argument. Some of them even joined the herd B)

• Brohoof 2

I am extremely closed about it. I mean I'm a closet brony, so I've never actually really told anyone, I haven't even really told any of my friends or family actually, I'm pretty much the only one who knows about it.

Sorry i'm to shy to go around wearing MLP Tshirts to school or something. :P (Besides we have uniforms so...)

Incase you cannot tell by my name, I am the very DEFENITION of closet brony. Well, mainly because I don't really think anyone else I know would have much interest in it, and it is not my main thing, I actually like talking politics allot more, and i like criticising everything.

The people that I really call my friends are the ones who know. I know its a bit easily accepted for me because I am a girl, but its judged pretty hard. Last week my college professor was going off on a tangant about Bronies and how its wrong. The people in my class were agreeing and pretty much bashed it to no end. A lot of people just don't understand it and don't want to. But I do know that there is a large brony herd at my school, since they were writing they were thankful for MLP for thanksgiving on the walls.

I'm usually not open about my interests like this, but my brother and Parents know  that I am. They are not really bothered by it at all. My brother even gave the show a try, but I don't think he was interested anyway... I'm probably lucky to have people in my family that don't really care that I watch this show. I'm very happy. :)

I'm not that shy about it, but I don't like it that much when friends and family always reference ponies when talking to me. I don't shout about it into the heavens, I just share it from time to time with friends of mine. I don't share it with people I don't know, and I tend to not speak of it in public.

Me? well its a growing process, I'm learning to be more open.  I give hints,  quote some things, if someone was to bring it up I would probably say, "yeah I've heard its a good show." So yeah its a process but I'm growing my confidence as a brony, especially when I found 3 other bronies at my school, but they don't discuss it often, tomorrow I'm maybe going to completely come out because today I asked my one of my fellow bronies ( at school ) if people cared or made fun of him and he said no. I asked how many people did he tell or knows and he said most everybody.  So evidently there aren't much haters at my school.

"look out I'm coming out"

Edited by Rainbowdash20%
  • Brohoof 1

I'm very open about it to my friends, even though some of them don't like MLP, I still mention the show a lot to them. And because I tell them of the show a few of my friends have become Pegasisters along with me. And one even signed up for this website because I mentioned it to her, and now she loves it. :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm more or less closeted because I have no need or practical reason to shout it out to the world.  I work in an office setting and other than adult cartoons like the Simpsons or Family Guy, I know of nobody that watches cartoons.  My roommate did dry snitch the fact that I watch MLP to a vistor once, but luckily he was daydreaming when she said it.  Except for my roommate and one or two other people, nobody knows. 

I am pretty open about it, I wear my pony T-shirt in public and I have a Derpy backpack that I use at school.

I can be kind of embarrassed at times though, when someone walks down the isle when I am looking at the MLP toys. Usually my brother is with me when I'm looking at the ponies (because I am such a chicken...) and I  start saying "oh, I think this one would be perfect for our little cousin!" But only sometimes... 

My ringtone is the MLP:FiM theme song and several contact ringtones are other various songs from the series. I have a Luna T-shirt that I adore and I'm getting a cutie mark tattoo soon. So yeah, I'm pretty open. I have been judged all my life for one reason or another. Haters gonna hate regardless. I won't let them take something from me that I hold pleasure in.

Obsidian

• Brohoof 1

I could swear that I posted in here before. Maybe there are just a lot of similar threads now.

To answer the question, entirely open. My parents, my extended family, friends, and acquaintences all know. I don't go about flaunting it but I make no effort to conceal it. I wear pony shirts, listen to pony/brony music, I watch the show, and talk about my activities at cons and meetups freely.

First of all, this is who I am, and there's nothing that'll make you more miserable than fronting for everybody and never being true to yourself. I am who I am for my own sake, and I'm comfortable with it. Secondly, I'm a grown man, so I'll do as I please.

If anyone asks, I'll talk, but no throat-shoving or anything like that. I also don't randomly bring it up. If anyone's interested in the show, I'l speak up and give them a few episodes to look at.  I haven't got any shirts with "brony" on them yet, but I might soon. I just LOVE my little pony.  :P

I wear my brony on my sleeve! Literally, in that I wear pony merch, or Gamegrumps stuff when I'm not wearing that. I have an Applejack toy hanging from either my laptop bag, or when i'm not carrying that, those little loops on jeans. (Except where it would be dangerous for her, I don't want her getting lost and or ponynapped.)

Edit: I also sing songs from the show or fandom often, or at least hum or tap it where singing is not appreciated.

Edited by Brosparkles

Well my explanation:

I have 3 friends whom like MLP as I do, and it's really fun to talk about MLP with them. I have another friend who isn't a fan but listens and finds the show interesting

How I express my "Brony-ness"?

I don't really where any pony apparel , cause I don't really want to and if I did it would seem  to forced for me.(not bashing those who do I just like my choice of apparel as you do Posted Image ) My acquaintances know I'm a kid at heart so they don't feel bothered, that I'm drawn to stuff like Disney, MLP and that type of stuff "aimed at kids"

A 'brony' doesn't define who am I'm many things before a 'brony'

I like reading/writing fanfictions, drawing/browsing fanart, looking at cosplays and other fan stuff in Mlp just as I do with my other fandoms such as anime

Or maybe becaus I'm a girl it makes it easier for people to accept (just joking)  or maybe it's for the fact haters know their ignored

Edited by PonyPowaX1000

I am very open about my interests, and that includes ponies. In fact, I have friggn PONIES on my friggn WALLET. How obvious could it be that I'm a brony? I really don't care if people lose respect for me, because they lose respect for me for the next 30 seconds and go back to being my friend. I am glad that my friends are tolerant of my interests and such. 

I'm very open about the fact that I'm a brony. I have pony pins on my schoolbag, as well as Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash shirts. And I look damn sexy in dem shirts 

Being female, I probably have less to fear from haters than men do, but if anyone ever does say something negative about me being a brony, I'll just feel sorry for them because they'll never be 20% cooler.

• Brohoof 2

Well... At first, ponies were in my way. But, since the place where I live has the most careless people in terms of interest, they started to accept me as a brony, although I am mostly into ponies because of the controversy it causes in a fight named as "Bronies vs Haters".

• Brohoof 1

My friends, parents, and sister know, as well as a few other people. Ironically, my friends and mentioned family are very unaccepting of my tastes, yet other people I don't know as well (we're friends, just not best friends) are for the most part perfectly fine with it.

What?

Also, I did try to get some MLP merchandise recently, but what I wanted was all sold out (go figure).

Edited by whoovesfan7698

I don't hide the fact I've become a Brony, and a few people IRL even know that I like FiM. But I don't broadcast it either. If someone were to ask me directly about it, odds are that I'd be honest with them. Then again, I tend to not talk much about my interests/hobbies that much anyway, so I don't have much to worry about.