Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Dungeons and Dragons

Katrilli

I love playing D&D, and one of my favorite things about it is hearing stories from others about their epic campaigns, horrible players, crazy things they've made, etc. Share your stories or anything else D&D related here!

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
Updated prefix

/roll for initiative

Oh god we need to have a brony D&D sesh. Someone needs to come up with a MLP module like ASAP.

Edited by Gummy

/roll for initiative

Oh god we need to have a brony D&D sesh. Someone needs to come up with a MLP module like ASAP.

I've been trying to get my group into ponies so this can happen, but I don't think it will xD If anyone manages to get one going over the internet, please post it here? :3

A good module could probably just take place in Ponyville/Everfree Forest, based off of one of the episodes. I think Dragonshy would be a really good episode to build a module off of, for example. It probably wouldn't be that hard to build.

I've been trying to get my group into ponies so this can happen, but I don't think it will xD If anyone manages to get one going over the internet, please post it here? :3

A good module could probably just take place in Ponyville/Everfree Forest, based off of one of the episodes. I think Dragonshy would be a really good episode to build a module off of, for example. It probably wouldn't be that hard to build.

To be honest I have only played a few times, and never had to design a module or really do much. But I do know there are ways to play online with custom modules and characters.

I think Pinkie Pie would be a Bard. Rainbow Dash might be a Ranger, but I'm... not sure. I think Rarity would be more likely to be a Rogue than a Cleric, if only because she'd be using Profession (Seamstress) a lot, as well as going for a more skill-based character. Also, she talked her way out of the whole thing with the Diamond Dogs. Yeah, I'd say she's a Rogue.

Other than that, though, I totally agree with you on Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy.

I haven't played D&D in quite a while, my last group split up when our regular DM moved to the other side of the country. I'm a bit over D&D myself, I prefer other systems these days - anyone play Ars Magica (which would be difficult to ponify) or Exalted (which would ponify really easily)?

I haven't played D&D in quite a while, my last group split up when our regular DM moved to the other side of the country. I'm a bit over D&D myself, I prefer other systems these days - anyone play Ars Magica (which would be difficult to ponify) or Exalted (which would ponify really easily)?

never heard of either, but if we could play online Id be down for whatever.

never heard of either, but if we could play online Id be down for whatever.

I've not played Exalted either, but I've heard a lot of really good stuff about it and I think someone's already made a pony adaptation. There's certainly some good Exalted/ponies crossover artwork:

http://rhanite.devia...paper-260529518

Essentially, the characters are demigods, dealing with situations appropriate to demigods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exalted

Ars Magica is a more traditional fantasy setting, but oriented primarily around mages. It has an extensive, well-thought-out magic system, more complex than that of RPGs like D&D. It would be a good system for a Harry Potter adaptation, actually.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ars_Magica

I've never played a tabletop RPG online, but I'd also be willing to try it. And I don't really mind what system gets used, if it's going to be ponies.

I used to play a lot of online games like that, and I think I tried D&D once... not sure what happened, but I never got into it. Now I don't play as many online games, but it sounds fun. Who knows, I might even pick it up again in the future.

I used to GM (DM) massive campaigns, but wow that was in the late 1990s... I think I kept some maps when I moved but threw everything else out. I loved putting in NPCs with their own agendas and seeing if the PCs could work out which leads they should follow and which were highly evolved dead ends that got them nowhere :)

A friend of mine roped me into a really brief (I think it went for about an hour and a half) and silly campaign with a couple mutual friends once. It was pretty fun, though I think that had a lot to do with the fact that guy acting as the DM did a great job of keeping the entire thing light hearted and hilarious in no small part.

Umm...we could just MAKE our own dnd style pony game.I did that with final fantasy crystal chronicles and .hack. Find a DM and it's set.I could DM and do the rolls cause let's be honest even if I was making stuff up...I'm good with story.I wouldn't do anything TOO stupid.Unless you know of a progran that let's you post a dice roll on a forum.Do you?....but seriously give me 2 weeks and I'll get your system up.

• 2 months later...

Ah fear not my friends, for I have Dungeon Mastered this game for a very long time!

I have even come up with an idea for a 3.5 campaign.

Set in the medieval land of Equestria (Think hearths warming eve episode, which i actually thought this up BEFORE that)

The ponies battle for control over the land... But a darker evil looms over the horizon. A cult of chaotic worshipers, hell bent on summoning a great evil being to existence. Can the ponies stop fighting for long enough to prevent to destruction of their world?