Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Instrumental Music?

MrAwesomeness

I'm sure you guys have heard some of the instrumental pony music right? Well I was thinking about that, and how do most of the songs relate to ponies? I can understand that it could be like written in the style of the character its deticated to. But mostly Its like just completely normal music, except it has pony cover art. Honestly, if you took out the title and cover art of most of the pony intrumental music, it would be exactly like plain music. For example this one youtu.be/EVFlpZ2ItQ8 If you just removed RD's pic, and the name, it could pass for a normal non-pony related song. Just FYI, Im not saying I dont like their music, I think that most of the instrumentals out there are awesome. But does anypony agree? Or have any other views on this 'pony' music?

Edited by MrAwesomeness

Its true I guess that other then the title and their cover it doesn't really have much directly to do with ponys or anything, then again if you did something like took out the cover and was told that something like any of the megaman bosses themes where nothing but normal music then they could pass as normal music to right?

I don't think its something that is to be concerned about to much :P Its not a big deal I like music so i see no reason to complain :D

Well I get how its not a big deal, and I'm not really complaining (Or at least im not trying to :3) It was just a random thought that crossed my mind today. I was just wondering if anyone else have ever thought of this or something about it. :P

I'm sure you guys have heard some of the instrumental pony music right? Well I was thinking about that, and how do most of the songs relate to ponies? I can understand that it could be emotion like written in the style of the character its deticated to. But mostly Its like just completely normal music, except it has pony cover art. Honestly, if you took out the title and cover art of most of the pony intrumental music, it would be exactly like plain music. For example this one youtu.be/EVFlpZ2ItQ8 If you just removed RD's pic, and the name, it could pass for a normal non-pony related song. Just FYI, Im not saying I dont like their music, I think that most of the instrumentals out there are awesome. But does anypony agree? Or have any other views on this 'pony' music?

One must understand that regardless of what music ever gets played. The audio is an invisible frequency that although we can't see, we can hear. It's the truth i tell you. The harmony of the sound combined at the same time is what forms the music and essentially matches single resonance frequency of your beautiful soul. It for this reason that many pony can abolutely love a good song and why some ponies don't enjoy it. Where the pony that didn't love it, probably like music other ponies don't enjoy. Isn't life funny that way? :P

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

Which means lyrics also come into the picture big time as there are negative toned lyrics and positive toned lyrics. You can have negative lyrics with positive music which would reinforce negative messages in the mind while your listening to it. As such, you have positive lyrics mixed in negative tunes. A negative tune is nothing more the music that doesn't match the frequency of your beautiful soul. Some pony out there is bound to love the tune when it's heard. But not lyrics.

Edited by TwilightCircuits

Instrumental music can still be related with the show or the brony fandom even if it hasn't got any vocals to express a direct relation. It's not so much about how it sounds but more about where the inspiration comes from. The fact that musicians take inspiration from the show and uses that to make art makes it related to the show.

Also, a title may mean a lot for instrumental music as that is probably one of the only ways to actually express the meaning of the music.

Still it is true that someone might listen to the music and not think that it is related to the show at all but that is beside my point.