Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are all earth ponies stubborn?

pinkiefan1287

So we all know that Applejack is a very stubborn pony. During the start of the show, she did not want help from anypony in any kinda of way. Then after watching some other episodes I kinda noticed something, that all earth pony characters are stubborn. Lets look at some examples.

First let's look at Apple Bloom. Now AB has always wanted her cutie mark and has tried many different times to get it. By doing things that have almost gotten herself killed and using magic to get it. Now this could just be a sign that she is determined to get it and try or just stubborn about it. Seeing as also she ignores or own lesson and try's to find her cutie mark and not take time with it.

Next up is Mr. and Mrs. Cake. They have also shown signs of being stubborn. In the episode Baby Cakes, The Cakes were looking for a baby sitter to watch Pound and Pumpkin, even thou Pinkie Pie offered to do it. Now the Cakes did not have a lot of time on their hoofs. Seeing as they had to make a bunch of treats for a big party and most likely spent at least an hour trying to find a baby sister for the twins. They could have saved themselves some time and would have gotten the order finished faster if they just let Pinkie Pie to do it. Of course the problem was they just did not think Pinkie could do it, because she has shown them no sign of being responsible.

Speaking of Pinkie Pie, has she ever been stubborn about anything. In the episode Party of One, Pinkie did not want to go with with Rainbow Dash because she she thought they did not like her anymore. In the end they were just trying to throw her a party for her birthday. Even in the episode Baby Cake, Pinkie did not want Twilights help watching the twins when Twilight said, that not every pony is cut out to do it. This can be a sign as soon as an earth pony here the word you can't do it on your own, they get into a sate where they prove they can do it or something like that.

Even the town ponies of Ponyville are stubborn, seeing as they don't want to use magic in Winter Wrap up. True, they to stick to tradition and they just want to do it on their own. Still it's just odd that would not let some unicorns in the town just use a little magic for the job. Still the unicorns in the town may just like that idea to.

So what do you all think? Are all earth ponies stubborn at heart?

Edited by pinkiefan1287

No, of course not. They are showing all different types of stubbornness. Even Fluttershy and Rarity have been seen showing stubbornness, such as Rari in Suited for Success and Fluttershy in Hurricane Fluttershy, when she kept putting herself down. That doesn't mean that their entire race is stubborn.

It's simply a trait that everypony, and every one of us, have.

EDIT: IT'S SPELLED APPLEJACK! NOT APPLE JACK! ONE WORD! ONE WORD! *facehoof* >_(\

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 4

So we all know that Apple Jack is a very stubborn pony. During the start of the show, she did not want help from anypony in any kinda of way. Then after watching some other episodes I kinda noticed something, that all earth pony characters are stubborn. Lets look at some examples.

First let's look at Apple Bloom. Now AB has always wanted her cutie mark and has tried many different times to get it. By doing things that have almost gotten herself killed and using magic to get it. Now this could just be a sign that she is determined to get it and try or just stubborn about it. Seeing as also she ignores or own lesson and try's to find her cutie mark and not take time with it.

Next up is Mr. and Mrs. Cake. They have also shown signs of being stubborn. In the episode Baby Cakes, The Cakes were looking for a baby sitter to watch Pound and Pumpkin, even thou Pinkie Pie offered to do it. Now the Cakes did not have a lot of time on their hoofs. Seeing as they had to make a bunch of treats for a big party and most likely spent at least an hour trying to find a baby sister for the twins. They could have saved themselves some time and would have gotten the order finished faster if they just let Pinkie Pie to do it. Of course the problem was they just did not think Pinkie could do it, because she has shown them no sign of being responsible.

Speaking of Pinkie Pie, has she ever been stubborn about anything. In the episode Party of One, Pinkie did not want to go with with Rainbow Dash because she she thought they did not like her anymore. In the end they were just trying to throw her a party for her birthday. Even in the episode Baby Cake, Pinkie did not want Twilights help watching the twins when Twilight said, that not every pony is cut out to do it. This can be a sign as soon as an earth pony here the word you can't do it on your own, they get into a sate where they prove they can do it or something like that.

Even the town ponies of Ponyville are stubborn, seeing as they don't want to use magic in Winter Wrap up. True, they to stick to tradition and they just want to do it on their own. Still it's just odd that would not let some unicorns in the town just use a little magic for the job. Still the unicorns in the town may just like that idea to.

So what do you all think? Are all earth ponies stubborn at heart?

It's possible I suppose. I don't know how appropriate it is to assign a personality trait to an entire species but you do make a good case for it. Perhaps it is a holdover for when they had to work hard for every scrap of food ( they still might have to, i don't know how much situations have changed). In that situation stubbornness would definitely be an asset, and it may be an unconscious core value in their species. You could say a similar thing for Pegasi and competitiveness given how on board the ponyville Pegasi seemed to be with working hard to break the record, and with how performance oriented the flight camp seemed to be. That could be a holdover from their militaristic society of old. Of course there will always be exceptions, Fluttershy has next to no competitive spirit and I'd imagine there are earth ponies who are flexible and willing to compromise Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

well this is only a few ponies in ponyville so the trait is common in the area but I doubt that all earth ponies will have this trait.. Maybe its because they have no full on magic or flying which can make them to be considered handicapped but they are stubborn to get things done and ensure that a task is complete... so this can be a good thing.

But some earth ponies can be laid back and relaxed and carefree... I think pinkie pie would fit this but she was stubborn to accept twilight's help when she got free... saying that she was the most responsible one... but we need more episodes to confirm that all earth ponies have this trait or its more common.

Edited by Ethan Pow

It could be possible, I mean I have noticed all the same things as weep in all the earth ponies personalitys. I guess being a earth pony makes you stubborn in ways to get things done. Being stubborn some times can get things done either quicker or not even done at all. But earth ponies do have a little sass to their character. But every person has there own opoion on this kinda thing, for me I do notice this. But not all people may agree with me or you. :)

It's possible that all Earth ponies are stubborn, because they like progress, and when another impedes the progress, they get angry. Pegasus' are usually care-free, and Unicorns are, almost as stubborn as earth ponies. It's not restricted to there species though. Rarity is insanely stubborn.

No, of course not. They are showing all different types of stubbornness. Even Fluttershy and Rarity have been seen showing stubbornness, such as Rari in Suited for Success and Fluttershy in Hurricane Fluttershy, when she kept putting herself down. That doesn't mean that their entire race is stubborn.

It's simply a trait that everypony, and every one of us, have.

EDIT: IT'S SPELLED APPLEJACK! NOT APPLE JACK! ONE WORD! ONE WORD! *facehoof* >_(

Well those are kinda good points, but Rarity I don't think were being stubborn. Now Rarity could have been stubborn in that episode, but you could also say that she took on way to many jobs and her friends weren't helping out that much. In the end they should have just let her do the dresses her way.

Now Fluttershy I don't think was being stubborn. She was just afraid of what would happen and did not want to look like a fool. Still u could be right.

Species has nothing to do with stubbornness, personality has everything to do with stubbornness, thus any pony, regardless of species could or could not be stubborn depending on what their personality is.

• Brohoof 1

I think it might be that they feel they have something to prove. I mean, both the other types of ponies have special abilities. So they're the only kind of pony that doesn't have any sort of power. It might feel like they're being left out, and there's nothing they can do about it. :(
  • Brohoof 1

Nah, that would be a stereotype if all earth ponies were stubborn, I think they can feature one earth pony that isn't stubborn.

Ponyville was started by Earth Ponies, and they have used that method they came up with for years, despite Pegasi helping out. Edited by Danger Dashie

Nah, that would be a stereotype if all earth ponies were stubborn, I think they can feature one earth pony that isn't stubborn.

Well maybe that is the stereotype for earth ponies. Like how unicorns are all clean and like things to be in order.

Ponyville was started by Earth Ponies, and they have used that method they came up with for years, despite Pegasi helping out.

Yes and that same method made them late for many years. It just seems unfair that Pegasus gets to use a trait that they can only use and unicorns are given a big NO when it comes to their magic. It just seems like they are stubborn about it.

Yes and that same method made them late for many years. It just seems unfair that Pegasus gets to use a trait that they can only use and unicorns are given a big NO when it comes to their magic. It just seems like they are stubborn about it.

But hey, Twilight Sparkle came along when she discovered her role, got everypony organized and she got that multi-colored vest at the end, despite spring being a bit earlier than really late, but later then on time at least that's how I think what time Spring came. Edited by Danger Dashie

Pegasi are flighty, unicorns are scientific, and earth ponies are stubborn. Yes I think earth ponies being aligned with the earth itself -- the rock -- etc, are probably pretty hard to move in general.

• Brohoof 1

Nol, we all put up with people to a certain point, that's just human/pony nature. Applejack isn't as stubborn as she once was, as she accepts help now. Really, everypony in the show can be stubborn.

I think all ponys or people can be stubborn at sometimes. I also don't think a whole species would have to do with why they would have a personality trait. All of the mane 6 could be considered stubborn at one point I think. I don't think being an earth pony has much to do with it.