Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 6's race 'Stereotypes'

SmileForever^.^

I have happened to notice, that the mane 6 happen to actually define racial stereotyping!

Lets take Fluttershy for instance: She may be a pegasus, but she's very Very grounded. (she's afaid of heights... heights!)

And don't even get me started on Pinkie Pie.

So what do you think...is this another way of telling the audience that 'their are no limits to your desires and dreams?' Because I do...and it means allot :D

O_O how the hell are those racial stereotypes?

there personal traits they have, and Fluttershy isn't afraid of heights other wise she would not even fly.

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 4

Fluttershy isn't afraid of heights other wise she would not even fly.

Spike said she's afraid of heights in Party of One..

Anyway, OT: These aren't racial stereotypes... Fluttershy is on the ground most of the time because she loves animals more than flying. Pinkie is a science-defyer or whatever people say these days.

• Brohoof 1

Anyway, OT: These aren't racial stereotypes... Fluttershy is on the ground most of the time because she loves animals more than flying. Pinkie is a science-defyer or whatever people say these days.

but if she was, she would not have gone to Cloudsdale in sonic rainboom and she wouldn't be fly around, if she was afraid of heights she would not even consider flying.

This show actually does a really good job of not making stereotypes. They treat everyone equally, regardless of whatever race they may be. The only time I can think of when a pony didn't like her race was Twilight during wither wrap up. XD

As PonyEcho said, Fluttershy showed absolutely no anxiety about flying all the way up to Cloudsdale, which as we can see, is very high up indeed. And Spike is not the most astute observer at the best of times, so I think we can quite safely conclude that he was just jumping to his own conclusions when he said that. Edited by Full Spectrum

I dont think the mane 6 are racial sterotypes....BUT i do think hey all have the basic personality sterotypes.

Twilight is the Super-Smart (Nerd) Sterotype

Applejack is the country sterotype

Pinkie Pie is the Person-who-never-shuts-up sterotype.

Rarity is the drama queen sterotype.

Rainbow Dash is the Jock sterotype

And Fluttershy is well.......Fluttershy ^ _ ^

• Brohoof 1

I... don't understand how these are racial stereotypes. Racial issues in MLP would likely be defined by the differences between Unicorns, Pegasi, and Earth Ponies. What is mentioned in the OP has absolutely nothing to do with race.

I think some clarification is in order.

• Brohoof 3

but if she was, she would not have gone to Cloudsdale in sonic rainboom and she wouldn't be fly around, if she was afraid of heights she would not even consider flying.

As PonyEcho said, Fluttershy showed absolutely no anxiety about flying all the way up to Cloudsdale, which as we can see, is very high up indeed.

Um, I think there's a difference between flying around (which is quite a very low distance) and afraid of heights which mean VERY, VERY high stuff. Cloudsdale might as well be the only thing she can go because, as far as we see, she was with Rainbow Dash each time she went, and she has FULL trust in her, AND because she HAS been in Cloudsdale before. It's something like, what you know of. Imagine being afraid of the dark, but in your own room. You're afraid, but you still go because it's what you're used to. At least that's what I think.
  • Brohoof 1

Um, I think there's a difference between flying around (which is quite a very low distance) and afraid of heights which mean VERY, VERY high stuff. Cloudsdale might as well be the only thing she can go because, as far as we see, she was with Rainbow Dash each time she went, and she has FULL trust in her, AND because she HAS been in Cloudsdale before. It's something like, what you know of. Imagine being afraid of the dark, but in your own room. You're afraid, but you still go because it's what you're used to. At least that's what I think.

rooms have Lights thus why people who are afraid of the dark feel safe in there own room because they know there light and little chance of the lights going out, also I think we have very different ideas of heights because to me flying above a house or on a cloud would be considered high. Edited by PonyEcho

the sky is da limit yo #lol #knis #fuck #yolo

twilight - aspergers stereotype

pinkie pie - ADHD stereotype

RD - tomboy stereotype

fluttershy - that shy lonerkid with no friends stereotype

applejack - hillbilly stereotype

rarity - snob stereotype

rooms have Lights thus why people who are afraid of the dark feel safe in there own room because they know there light and little chance of the lights going out, also I think we have very different ideas of heights because to me flying above a house or on a cloud would be considered high.

Er, the idea ws if the room DIDN'T had any chance for light (otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to use). As for the other, to us, above a house or a cloud IS high. But for pegasi like Fluttershy (who has been in Cloudsdale before, and we don't really know where she lived), and Rainbow Dash, their sense of "Woah...that's tall" would be quite different from ours, don't you think?

Also, on the actual topic...er...racial stereotypes? What? :blink: Are there stereotypes? Yes, but they are broken down in the show. or more importantly, why racial?

Edited by Arcanel

I would normally leave threads open which encourage discussion. Unfortunately, because this thread has no clear or coherent subject, I'm going to close it. If SmileForever wishes to clarify the topic, she may contact me via PM, and I will gladly re-open the thread.