Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Jverne's Dubstep Thread

JeanHover

(edited)

Finally I have access to a computer and I can start posting some awesome Dubstep shit again :V

Here's the song that actually got me in to Dubstep. Thank god I found it

And have some Objekt, because why the hell not. This is Dubtech btw :P

Edited by Soundgarden

Normally I don't listen to dubstep that much... I listen more to house music and stuff like that... however, there are a few dubstep producers that I like to listen to every now and then. Producers like Kryptic MindsPhaeleh, and other producers.

Something like this:

https://soundcloud.com/kryptic-minds/kryptic-minds-killawatt-1

https://soundcloud.com/phaeleh/in-the-twilight

(edited)

[le video]

Hey, this is actually pretty aweso-- WUUHB WUUUBWUBWUB WUUHHH.

Welp, nevermind. 9QvF1.png

Anyway, whilst I dislike Dubstep, I'm actually rather fond of some Brostep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWd5x09gWoE

I prefer the mid-level bass drops as opposed to the almost sub-bass drops Dubstep often uses. Though I only really like drops when they fit with the melody of the song, which is why I can enjoy those two songs. 

Edited by Hansel

Alright guys, I'm just going to post some Makkah here. Extremely underrated, and it's actually pretty dam hard to find his songs. He's just THAT underground *ray ban*

This is one of my favorite Dubstep songs of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psBVtb_g2Q4

And also, have some Ital Tek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hcqmN7jffE

It's the same fucking thing ! XD

"Brostep" is just a label for the genre to make it sound "cooler" which is fucking rediculous.

-----

Anyways... think I'll post some Sleeper, and probably also some liquid dubstep. 'Cuz... why not ? :3

https://soundcloud.com/fareoh/id-vs-bitch-dont-kill-my-vibe

https://soundcloud.com/osirismusic-uk/sleeper-narcissus-out-now

"Brostep" is just a label for the genre to make it sound "cooler" which is fucking rediculous.

1336370832455.jpg

Anyways, I'll be posting some of dem good Dubstep shit now :V

Man, I love 2562 and Martyn, Dutch dubstep producers for the win! ugh

Dutch dubstep producers for the win!

If it ain't dutch it ain't much, as they say in the hard dance community. :P

The UK sound in dubstep is pretty awesome too... like Kaiju, Kryptic Minds and other producers. :3

https://soundcloud.com/osirismusic-uk/kaiju-snagglepuss-release-date

https://soundcloud.com/kryptic-minds/kryptic-minds-convoluted

If it ain't dutch it ain't much, as they say in the hard dance community. tongue.png

The UK sound in dubstep is pretty awesome too... like Kaiju, Kryptic Minds and other producers. :3

https://soundcloud.com/osirismusic-uk/kaiju-snagglepuss-release-date

https://soundcloud.com/kryptic-minds/kryptic-minds-convoluted

Pretty dam true, but any Dubstep sound outside the UK is very rare and I do appreciate some Dubtech now and then :3

Anyways, I love Kaiju and Kryptic Minds as well, so I'll post them here

They produce a very dark sound and are probably the best in the entire industry when it comes to that

The ending of this song is ingenious

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pretty dam true, but any Dubstep sound outside the UK is very rare and I do appreciate some Dubtech now and then :3

Anyways, I love Kaiju and Kryptic Minds as well, so I'll post them here

They produce a very dark sound and are probably the best in the entire industry when it comes to that

The ending of this song is ingenious

The UK has a pretty awesome sound in basically every EDM genre. Most of the times it's this deep underground-ish sound when it comes to the dubstep and dnb scene, which I absolutely love. Always loved the UK and dutch sounds. :3

MedSchool's (a label, in case you didn't know) new album "New Blood 013" is a great example of that.

Edited by ProjectRKA

(edited)

Hey, this is actually pretty aweso-- WUUHB WUUUBWUBWUB WUUHHH.

Welp, nevermind. img-1523898-1-9QvF1.png

I prefer the mid-level bass drops as opposed to the almost sub-bass drops Dubstep often uses. Though I only really like drops when they fit with the melody of the song, which is why I can enjoy those two songs. 

I raised an eyebrow at this commentimg-1526517-2-huh.png , seriously, THIS ISN'T dubstep what i posted was brostep, dubstep and seriously, youre going to compare Omnipony to dubstepimg-1526517-3-dry.png ...its like everyone said a million times, and come on Rock n' Roll from Skrillex? that's the most sloppy brostep on the planet! *just saying*'dubstep and brostep are two different things' i'll compare them. 

dubstep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=afev-yZqFVE

Brostep:

They have nothing in common...and Scary monsters and nice sprites is the only amazing song by Skrillex to me all the others are alright img-1526517-4-sleep.png

Edited by PelateOvercast

(edited)

Saying that Brostep the same thing as Dubstep is like saying that Screamo is the same thing as Death Metal. 

I raised an eyebrow at this commenthuh.png , seriously, THIS ISN'T dubstep what i posted was brostep, dubstep and seriously, youre going to compare Omnipony to dubstepdry.png ...its like everyone said a million times, 'dubstep and brostep are two different things' i'll compare them.

I know... that's kinda why I brought up Brostep in the first place... huh.png  Though reading my post again, I can see why you read it that way.

Edited by Hansel

I raised an eyebrow at this commenthuh.png , seriously, THIS ISN'T dubstep what i posted was brostep, dubstep and seriously, youre going to compare Omnipony to dubstepdry.png ...its like everyone said a million times, 'dubstep and brostep are two different things' i'll compare them.

They have nothing in common...

He never claimed that Omnipony was Brostep, he said that he was fond of Brostep, thus posting a few Brostep songs.

Well, I haven't listened to much Dubstep today (Dam J-Core), but I have at least listened to some tracks from Skream!

Okay, people... there's no genre at all called "brostep." It's all dubstep. Brostep is dubstep. Dubstep is brostep. "Brostep" is nothing more than a fucking term that the newfags has given the genre. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Okay, people... there's no genre at all called "brostep." It's all dubstep. Brostep is dubstep. Dubstep is brostep. "Brostep" is nothing more than a fucking term that the newfags has given the genre. 

You're shitting me, right? Dude, how can you say that it's all Dubstep. Sure, Brostep is a sub-genre of Dubstep, but not the same thing. 

And if you're saying that only newfags are using that term, then you are sadly mistaken. There are several Brostep concerts/festivals that use the term Brostep to seperate themselves from the actual Dubstep. Even they have realized that their crap is nothing alike Dubstep

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

OK OK dont get your panties in a knot sheeshimg-1526550-1-dry.png  Brostep is a sub-genre, dubstep like Kromestar and Christopher Yikes *my favorite* are COMPLETELY different from stuph like ol' Skrillex and UKF compilations, which are hardcore and aggresive, which makes the a whole 'nother genre called brostep, while dubstep is smoother beat and bass. NOW do you get it???img-1526550-2-huh.png  come on if they sound completely different they have to make them in a different genre to keep people from mixing them up. LOOK IT UP IN THE URBAN DICTIONARY!!!

Edited by PelateOvercast

OK OK dont get your panties in a knot sheeshimg-1526550-1-dry.png  Brostep is a sub-genre, dubstep like Kromestar and Christopher Yikes *my favorite* are COMPLETELY different from stuph like ol' Skrillex and UKF compilations, which are hardcore and aggresive, which makes the a whole 'nother genre called brostep, while dubstep is smoother beat and bass. NOW do you get it???img-1526550-2-huh.png  come on if they sound completely different they have to make them in a different genre to keep people from mixing them up.

I probably couldn't have said it any better. If two artists sound completely different, why label them as the same thing? Not only does that create mass confusion, it's also retarded in itself

• Brohoof 1

FINALLY!!! A DUBSTEP THREAD!!! (and after a 3 months of not being on...)

Well, I'm a general Dubstep fan. i like all kinds, but I guess I'm mostly into Skrillex. But recently i've found a group called "Asking Alexandria". The song is To The Stage (Bare Remix). It has a few harsh words but don't kill me over it. here's the video.

• Brohoof 2

And if you're saying that only newfags are using that term,

I never said that only the newfags use that term. But really, it's just dubstep. 

OK OK dont get your panties in a knot sheeshdry.png  Brostep is a sub-genre, dubstep like Kromestar and Christopher Yikes *my favorite* are COMPLETELY different from stuph like ol' Skrillex and UKF compilations, which are hardcore and aggresive, which makes the a whole 'nother genre called brostep, while dubstep is smoother beat and bass. NOW do you get it???huh.png  come on if they sound completely different they have to make them in a different genre to keep people from mixing them up.

So, lets say I make some house music with e.g. a higher pitched base-line and/or something else... would I then have to call it something else ? Not necessarily. I could if I wanted... but yeah.

So, lets say I make some house music with e.g. a higher pitched base-line and/or something else... would I then have to call it something else ? Not necessarily. I could if I wanted... but yeah.

If you're saying that, it means that you think Dubstep and Brostep are similar. Both you and me know that's bullshit

Dubstep: Deep Sub-bass, high focus on the wobble bass, grimy samples: Creating a heavy and complex bass sound, being hyper yet calm in a way

Brostep: Mid-range Sub-bass, low focus on the wobble bass, high focus on the extreme distortion and samples: Creating an aggressive and extremely distorted sound with heavy drops and true head banging tracks.

Still the same?

FINALLY!!! A DUBSTEP THREAD!!! (and after a 3 months of not being on...)

Well, I'm a general Dubstep fan. i like all kinds, but I guess I'm mostly into Skrillex. But recently i've found a group called "Asking Alexandria". The song is To The Stage (Bare Remix). It has a few harsh words but don't kill me over it. here's the video

That's actually Brostep, but I'm not going to go in any further detail about it

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I never said that only the newfags use that term. But really, it's just dubstep. 

O my god, i always laugh at that card!!! happy.png  i said look it up in the urban dictionary...and also, LISTEN TO THEM!!! how much are they alike? yea nothing is similar, dubstep is usually violent, aggressive, annoyingangry.png and like i said dubstep is smoother and more controlledsleep.png  compare these.

that was classic dubstep

now heres brostep *random UKF song i came to enjoy

now do you get it?  they have no similarities, and come on, house music is always differant in their own ways, they just have the same attributes to be that certain genre, while brostep and dubstep doesnt have the same attributes, their completely different and so they make two different genres.dry.png

Edited by PelateOvercast

(edited)

O my god, i always laugh at that card!!! img-1526595-1-happy.png  i said look it up in the urban dictionary...and also, LISTEN TO THEM!!! how much are they alike? yea nothing is similar, dubstep is usually violent, aggressive, annoyingimg-1526595-2-angry.png and like i said dubstep is smoother and more controlledimg-1526595-3-sleep.png  compare these.

that was classic dubstep

now heres brostep *random UKF song i came to enjoy

now do you get it?  they have no similarities, and come on, house music is always differant in their own ways, they just have the same attributes to be that certain genre, while brostep and dubstep doesnt have the same attributes, their completely different and so they make two different genres.img-1526595-4-dry.png

It's still just dubstep to me no matter how you explain it. They may sound different, yes, but that doesn't determine if it's a whole different genre. In essence, it's all dubstep. Like this tune. Normally, it would be called dubstyle because it has sounds from both hardstyle and dubstep. But in essence it is dubstep. 

(And it's a cool track, btw. Lol)

Edited by ProjectRKA

Something I haven't listened to in a while: Screeching pain.

Putting this at 100% volume hurts my ears a little more then other songs. I never understood why I love this but its just got that horrific feel to it.

Despite having 3 pages there's no Distance in this thread? Dafuq people, let's add him right away!

My favorite song by him

My favorite song on My Demons. Freaking love that album

• Brohoof 1