Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Jverne's Dubstep Thread

JeanHover

I may aswell contribute to this thread. After all, I am a huge fan of dubstep. (and sub-genres of it.) 

Anyway, have some Drumstep. (My personal favourite sub-genre of Dubstep.)

(edited)

Despite the fact that Skream! was a lot better than Outside the Box, the latter album did have its share of good song. Gonna post them here :V

The best song of this album right after Exothermic Reaction (nothing can beat that song)

If you haven't heard this song yet, you're not a Dubstep fan. It's perhaps the most famous and classic Dubstep track

Edited by Chiaki Minami

(edited)

That would be my first of the older dub to listen to all the way to the end. I was quite shocked that this stood out upon the other songs, and I did enjoy it a good bit.

If you're looking for Dubstep songs that stand out, try Benga. His music is heavily influenced by Grime and it's a bit different from everything else within Dubstep.

I was going to post some Benga anyways, so here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVKboRPgu0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c-BZ9c-sAY

This one is quite unique. It's inspired by Baltimore House, but it's still strangely enjoyable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xr6uR3pLi8

Edited by Chiaki Minami

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, Thought I Might as well post here, as I have a Massive Love for Dubstep, So Here I go,

Enjoy, I guess,

Fuck, I don't know what to post....

Well, Adventure Club it Is, Since They were the first Dubstep Duo I Really got into.

Can't Exactly Say It's Dubstep, But I Just Love the song, for no Reason at all <3

And That, I Seem to Love Female Vocals With Passion.......

Yeah, Sorry if that's Brostep, My Mind isn't really good at Focusing right now.

Cheers.

(edited)

It seriously feels like I haven't listened to DJ Hatcha for months, and I kind of feel bad about it :/

I'll just leave some of his best tracks here 

Here's one of the first Dubstep tracks ever created. It's still godlike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH0cIXhQRXU

Well, Adventure Club it Is, Since They were the first Dubstep Duo I Really got into.

Aah, Adventure Club. I kind of like them, even though I'm more into Old School stuff. Here's a song I like by them

Like I said, not what I usually listen to but I really like this one

Edited by Chiaki Minami

It seriously feels like I haven't listened to DJ Hatcha for months, and I kind of feel bad about it :/

I'll just leave some of his best tracks here 

Here's one of the first Dubstep tracks ever created. It's still godlike

Aah, Adventure Club. I kind of like them, even though I'm more into Old School stuff. Here's a song I like by them

Like I said, not what I usually listen to but I really like this one

Ahh, DJ Hatcha, One of my Favourites, even though I forgot about him,

I should re-visit his stuff soon,

And well Adventure Club, I haven't listened to their songs in a while, I just Seemed to remember Youth when I was Posting,

I do Love that Song though, One of my Favourites,

So many artist's I've forgotten about,

I should Just do a whole Look through my library of songs, I have around 20,000 I forget a lot of them.

I'll post more when I wake up in the morning.

I can't believe I've allowed this thread to go inactive for so long

Anyways, I've been in the mood for some Dubstep and Future Garage songs and Phaeleh is the optimal artist when it comes to mixing those 2 genres

The picture together with the song... so many dam feels

Seriously one of the best Dubstep/Future Garage albums of all time

(edited)

This is the most depressing thing I have ever read. Ever.

I really do hope this is not the case. There's just too many fantastic Electronic styles out there for people to just lump them all together with Dubstep. img-1514729-1-BsGGR.png

Well, turns out, it's the truth. I mean, I love things like glitch hop, moombahton, drumstep and electro, it's just that more people will recognize what this thread is about if I just say "dubstep." I would love to instead be more correct and write "EDM," but less people would know what I'm talking about.

This is completely unrelated but HOLY COW how did this thread start having posts on it? Last time I checked there were only two replies. Anyways to all the other bronies who love this music thanks for posting! I can't wait to check out all these tracks.

I may aswell contribute to this thread. After all, I am a huge fan of dubstep. (and sub-genres of it.) 

Anyway, have some Drumstep. (My personal favourite sub-genre of Dubstep.)

Woah! This song is badass. It's the song that got me hooked on MonsterCat in the first place! My respect for you has just increased by a hefty rate of 80%.

Anyways, as my third post in a row, I think I'll actually add to the thread. This is a song I heard while rock climbing in P.E. class. The teacher let us send him songs to play and when I heard this I was like, "My faith in this school's taste in music is restored." So here it is, a glitch-hop/electro type song by Kairo Kingdom.

Edited by Jverne

Well, turns out, it's the truth. I mean, I love things like glitch hop, moombahton, drumstep and electro, it's just that more people will recognize what this thread is about if I just say "dubstep." I would love to instead be more correct and write "EDM," but less people would know what I'm talking about.

First of all, there already is an electronic music thread, so creating a second one is pointless

Next point: You're not being correct with the whole "People associate all electronic music with Dubstep" thing, it's only the most ignorant ones that do and very, very few people are that ignorant

This is completely unrelated but HOLY COW how did this thread start having posts on it? Last time I checked there were only two replies. Anyways to all the other bronies who love this music thanks for posting! I can't wait to check out all these tracks.

You're welcome >;3

I'll post a relatively new release. I swear, Distance's collab with Cyrus never fails to disappoint me

(edited)

Next point: You're not being correct with the whole "People associate all electronic music with Dubstep" thing, it's only the most ignorant ones that do and very, very few people are that ignorant

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I don't agree with you, but turns out arguing about the genre happens to be my least favorite thing having to do with this type of music. I just assumed, based on my experience with the word, that more people would recognize this type of music if I wrote "dubstep." I didn't mean for somebody to actually care enough to write about it.

*Looks at your signature...*

I guess I just think you underestimate the ignorant capacities of people in this world.

Edited by Jverne

(edited)

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I don't agree with you, but turns out arguing about the genre happens to be my least favorite thing having to do with this type of music. I just assumed, based on my experience with the word, that more people would recognize this type of music if I wrote "dubstep." I didn't mean for somebody to actually care enough to write about it.

Then you haven't had enough experience :/

Most people will associate the word "Dubstep" with the actual genre with the same name, not use it as an umbrella term for electronic music. That's why people have only posted Dubstep songs in this thread thus far. That alone should prove that you're wrong

I'll not go into much detail, but let's keep this a dubstep thread, even though you didn't intend to. There is already an electronic music thread, so post your electronic music there, otherwise this thread has to be locked. Those are the site rules

*Looks at your signature...*

I guess I just think you underestimate the ignorant capacities of people in this world.

I don't get it

Anyways, I'll post some Stenchman here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDdZTLWGFr0

Edited by Soundgarden

(edited)

I'll not go into much detail, but let's keep this a dubstep thread, even though you didn't intend to.

好了

Means okay in Mandarin. I still have a lot of music I like that falls under the more specific meaning of dubstep, so I'm fine wit dat.

Most of it will be from MonsterCat, so don't be hatin'.

Turns out it consists heavily of Tut Tut Child.

Edited by Jverne

好了

Means okay in Mandarin. I still have a lot of music I like that falls under the more specific meaning of dubstep, so I'm fine wit dat.

I'm still not sure how my signature or Mandarin is relevant :/

Most of it will be from MonsterCat, so don't be hatin'.

Eh, you can like whatever you want. Even though I'm not a big fan of Monstercat

Wolf Man is fucking brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUhA6ILHyzo

I'm still not sure how my signature or Mandarin is relevant :/

Adding random bits of Mandarin into my sentences is just the way I talk in real life.

Your signature has "Genre Nazi" in it. It was kind of like a "that explains a lot" moment. I will edit the OP to fit the principals set by our recent discussion. Anyways, have some moombahton.

(edited)

I can't believe I let this thread die sad.png

I listened to plenty of Stagga today. His EP Sick as Sin is... Sick. One hell of a release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuLfiMg2Tc&list=PL29874A72CF334629

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08a9Fp8MQ98&list=PL29874A72CF334629

By the way, does someone else even enter this thread? It feels like if I'm talking to myself ;_;

Edited by Soundgarden

London Zoo by The Bug; The finest within Experimental Dancehall and Dubstep. A modern classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVbhOZjSuic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjEMyYxOwHM

I am a huge fan of Knife Party

Eh, Knife Party incorporates a lot of Electrohouse in their songs, bu they make plenty of Brostep too, so I guess they count :V

Why the hell did I not listen to this album earlier in my life, I now officially love it so much, this album might be my new addiction for a while

I listened to plenty of Stagga today. His EP Sick as Sin is... Sick. One hell of a release

*adds Sick as Sin on list of EPs to listen to*

Why the hell did I not listen to this album earlier in my life, I now officially love it so much, this album might be my new addiction for a while

*adds Sick as Sin on list of EPs to listen to*

I would not recommend you to listen Sick as Sin. If you've heard Rusko or Caspa before, then you should have a general idea of what to expect. It's like normal Dubstep with less emphasis on the bass and more focus on those typical Dubstep distortion. Not nearly as aggressive as Brostep, but more aggressive than normal Dubstep

You should perhaps try these instead:

Repercussions by Distance

My Sound by Kromestar

De Generate by Vex'd (This one has a industrial feeling to it)

I would not recommend you to listen Sick as Sin. If you've heard Rusko or Caspa before, then you should have a general idea of what to expect. It's like normal Dubstep with less emphasis on the bass and more focus on those typical Dubstep distortion. Not nearly as aggressive as Brostep, but more aggressive than normal Dubstep

You should perhaps try these instead:

Repercussions by Distance

My Sound by Kromestar

De Generate by Vex'd (This one has a industrial feeling to it)

I listened to the two tracks that you posted from that EP and I liked them, though I'll listen to those recommendations instead, that Vex'd album has my curiosity since it has an industrial feeling to it.

I listened to the two tracks that you posted from that EP and I liked them, though I'll listen to those recommendations instead, that Vex'd album has my curiosity since it has an industrial feeling to it.

You quoted my post and I didn't get a notification for that... gotta love bugs

I didn't expect you to like Stagga at all, so I'm kind of surprised. I usually don't like Stagga, but Sick as Sin is really good

Another quite odd recommendation I have is Waiting for You by King Midas Sound. It's a mix of Dubstep and elements of Trip Hop here and there. It also incorporates elements from Dub Poetry, so it's kind of the Dubstep equivalent of Spoken Words

It's an album you'll either love and find meaningful or hate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vFjLoVwxY

I've been listening to plenty of Eleven Tigers today and his album Clouds are Mountains. It's similar to Burial and it's very enjoyable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwTPzsM71E

I didn't expect you to like Stagga at all, so I'm kind of surprised. I usually don't like Stagga, but Sick as Sin is really good

Well if I can handle Breakcore (It's actually the only -core electronic genre that I enjoy) and the more chaotic glitchy side of IDM then I think that I can handle Dubstep that's a bit more aggressive than most others.

Another quite odd recommendation I have is Waiting for You by King Midas Sound. It's a mix of Dubstep and elements of Trip Hop here and there. It also incorporates elements from Dub Poetry, so it's kind of the Dubstep equivalent of Spoken Words

It's an album you'll either love and find meaningful or hate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3vFjLoVwxY

I'm good with Dubstep and Trip-Hop so I don't think that there's any problem with that, and I love that track, it's quite a great one.

Well if I can handle Breakcore (It's actually the only -core electronic genre that I enjoy) and the more chaotic glitchy side of IDM then I think that I can handle Dubstep that's a bit more aggressive than most others.

I wasn't concerned about if you could handle it or not, you could handle a genre but still dislike it.

Anyways, Boxcutter got some interesting stuff. Glyphic is his best album in my opinion, though Oneiric is decent enough. He tends to incorporate minor IDM elements in his stuff

I wasn't concerned about if you could handle it or not, you could handle a genre but still dislike it.

I can agree with you there

Anyways, Boxcutter got some interesting stuff. Glyphic is his best album in my opinion, though Oneiric is decent enough. He tends to incorporate minor IDM elements in his stuff

I should of waited to do my top 50 albums list, better make a collage of albums that I've recently enjoyed. (Of course I'll try out the full albums before putting them on there)