gaming What kind of loser you are?

Motion Spark

Never do I rage at anybody, but I do get pretty mad at times, but only when it's because of cheating. And let's face it, some single-player games are designed so poorly in certain regards that you could call what the AI does "cheating." Things such as enemies having unavoidable attacks that are capable of killing you in one hit, or blocking everything you do in a fighting game while not permitting you to block anything. Outrage over those things is understandable. I've never bought a game because I thought it was a Kobashi Maru.

If it's cheating in a multiplayer game, which usually comes in the form of spawn-camping, I'll leave the server and go to another one. Problem solved.

My husband on the over hand is the crazy overly competitive type.

If he loses too many time online, I have to deal with a grumpy husband all night.

I'll be sure to slack off if I start to put too big of a beat-down on him in Counterstrike.

Let's just put it this way, we never played again xD

Play Mario Party together if you really want to ruin things.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

I get mad when I lose, simple as that. Now I'm not the type to throw my controller/handheld against the wall or something, no, my usual reactions are more of the verbally vulgar kind, usually just a little 'damn' or something, but if it's something I've tried beat a million times or a game over that happens to bring me back to the worst possible checkpoint, then my reactions are bound to be much worse. :angry:

(I'm not really that angry when gaming all the time though, most games I don't get too mad at, honest. :P)

if its a competetive online game I usually get depressed about it. Same goes with losing any competitive sport really.

And for offline single player games, It depends on how many times I've done it and how long its taken, I don't normally curse throw the control or anything, I just get frustrated and grunt and groan lol. And only if its something that i've spent alot of work on.

I used to be a very sore loser, i'd get mad, ignore and act very childish if i lost a game, however that was many eyars ago, now i'll congratulate my opponent, say "GG" or whatever, i may be bitter inside, but i'm not going to ruin their fun for winning, when you have intesne games, and you just win it, it's a great feeling, but nothing sucks more than having an opponent who is sore about it.

When I was a kid, I invested a lot of hours and practice into Crash Team Racing for the PS1. I remember getting absolutely livid if I lost to one of my friends or family members. I always prided myself on being the best player since I had spent the most time playing the game, but since kart racing games are based a bit more on luck than skill, I ended up losing to inexperienced players. At the time, I was humiliated and angry, but now, I look back and laugh at my behaviour. I don't take many games seriously these days. There's enough stress in life without getting emotionally invested in winning a game.

Oh here we go, opening this can of worms. I used to throw/bang/bite (yes bite) controllers when I was younger. I just got so frustrated how hard they made some AI's. Like in Burnout, as soon as I pass someone, I get rear-ended and put in 4th. I've learned to control myself a bit more since then, but some habits die hard...

The monster mainly comes out in 2 situations: spamming of moves in fighting games and team-based games with a bad team. In fighters, a sure-fire way to get a rise out of me is to blatantly over-use projectiles or grapples. I'll end up finding the one cheap character to spam on my opponent after a yelling fit when this happens.

The other thing that usually happens more-often-then-not is just bad teammates. I've been in TF2 games where 5 people are Snipers or Spys. I've played team deathmatch in several games and been the only one with a positive K/D ratio. I'll just end up yelling and ragequiting most of the time under these circumstances.

Sure, I can take losing. I will compliment the other team in a good game if the score was close enough to show we had a chance, but still lost. I can even take a thorough butt-whooping from time to time if my mood is good. All I ask is a fair game, and not a Black Ops game where I'm stuck with all the Greenies (what I call players in the first ranks of online play) and guest players against a team of lv 50s. ...I'm sure that's happened once or twice.

TL;DR ver. - Raged hard as a kid, got better but still yell at spamming in fighting games and bad teammates.

• Brohoof 1

i am extremely relax when i lose at something. I'm more the "just you wait, it'll turn around and bite you in the arse later" kind of loser

in-fact, the only game I've ever raged at is Assassins Creed XD "grrr NO! i didnt want to jump there! ARGH! do as i control! >:("

• Brohoof 1

I used to get to the point of screaming at the game, or nothing in particular at all when playing solo at a younger age. Online, of course there's the usual cursing out and mumbling. But these days I don't game nearly as much as I once did, and if I ever do start to get frustrated with a game, I'll walk away before I even get to raising my voice. My sanity is more important.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to say that it in my case, it really depends on how hard I'm trying, how good I did in previous matches, if I'm having a bad day, and other things such as that.

In the case that I'm trying really hard, I'm having a bad day, and I know I'm trying really hard but nothing is working in my favor, sh*t tends to go nuclear. I'll start cursing, throwing things, yelling as loud as I can, and just go into a pure fit of rage. (story time -->) Once I was playing battlefield 3, I was having one of the worst games I had ever played, due to a bad mixture of crazy skilled opponents and lousy noob teammates. So, during mid-game I got knifed. I went into such a pure rage to the point to where I rage quit, screamed "F*CK" as loud as I could, went into the back yard, picked up a shovel, and started smashing the ground as hard as I could.

Posted Image

(I still laugh at myself about how foolish it was of me to get so upset over a game)

But in any other instance, I will usually play along with my losing my losing team and just sit back in the spawn and have a good time.

• Brohoof 1

It depends. If someone is honestly good at the game, I'll tip my hat to them, but if they use cheap tactics (quickscoping, spawnkilling[especially with a chopper gunner or something] or other crap) I'll get mad at them and send them a message telling them that they are being unfair the way they're playing, then block communications so I don't have to hear their lame insults.

how do you react when losing in a game?

If I lose at Melee when I should have won I'll yell NOOOOOOOO and hit my leg. But I really don't care that much. It's just like a short fun release of my feelings and then I'm over it.

Edited by Smokin'HotRarity

The most experience I've had in multiplayer games has been Super Smash Bros. or Pokemon/Yugioh dueling with my siblings, but losing has never had a negative effect on me; instead, I become filled with a silent determination to win the next round. Say I lose a card duel with my bro because my deck sucks? I want to play again (and again and again...)! Say I happen to lose against my sister on SSB Brawl? She better be ready to fight another round, because I sure as hell am! :P

Edited by StingeMuffin

I'm not a hardcore loser. But when I lose in a super hard level after trying so hard on it, I weep, cry, make a huge tantrum...then I get over it and try again. Rinse and repeat if I ever lose again. xD

Most of all if I lose, I just get over it and try again. I don't intend to be super competitive. lol.

What is this "losing" you speak of? I only play to win... I'm joking. Anyway I'm a social gamer so I usually only play with friends. So when I start losing I just laugh it off and start singing random songs.

When I die/lose in a platform game, I uber rage. That's only if it's the tenth try+ though.

If I die in a first person shooter online, I'm usually too busy laughing at how I died to be pissed.

Unless someone is using teh haxxorz, of course.

And if I die in Minecraft, I usually just shrug it off and go get my stuff... Unless I fall in lava.

Then I get really mad.

It really depends on the game. I'm typically one of the most laid-back people you'll ever meet, and it really shows when I'm gaming. I don't really take losing all that seriously. In shooters, it's expected to happen a fair amount of times. Oh well; learn from it and practice. Puzzlers? That's a special case. I love anything that manages to confuse me. Any other type of game? Well, it's a game. I don't usually read too much into winning or losing them, unless it's a challenge.

If I lose fair and square to a player or player that beat me with skill, I congratulate them and say good game. I tend to learn how to play better that way. Though if someone beat me with cheap tricks and abusing flaws in the game to their advantage I simply look at them not as a skilled player but rather as a child that is only content with winning, doing whatever they can to make it happen. In those games I usually stick to the end and leave afterwards saying nothing at all. Also if I get tea bagged I usually just laugh it off, after all I play better when im just having fun.

When im losing i Get Angry rage comes outta no where... I'm usually the calmest, person ever, but when i game i game... I MUST WIN! lol i take things in video games serious lol I've only broken one controller outta rage... ok well 1 and 1/2 lol still works. I swear possibly too much... but yea other then that im pretty good... i'd say

• 4 months later...

I actually handle losses pretty well for the most part. In fighting games, I usually get a little excited when I lose (it's not creepy ohmy.png) since I'll have another chance to defeat them, a worthy opponent. Often times, laugh it off too, saying something like "Welp, I just got exposed" in the chat.

There was only one time where that didn't apply. It was when I had a room open in Blazblue CSE (I think) and there was this Tager player that was much better than all of us. I started making jokes about how he was going to earn a 100 win streak (which he did end up getting later) in this room since I wasn't going to kick him. Anyway, eventually I started to feel like it was impossible to beat this guy so I would stop trying and let him beat on my rag doll. I didn't rage but that 30 something losing streak against this single person didn't feel so great.

I get a little annoyed when I get a game over and my last save is hours ago. If that happens, I stop playing the game for a bit (usually a day or so). I'm more bothered that I didn't save than that I got a game over.

When I was younger, I broke my PS1 controller, when I couldn't beat Mortal Kombat 3. God, I still remember Jax handing my ass to me. It was very old, so...

Now, I rage quit.

The kind of loser I was when I was a kid, I didn't really play competitive games that I play now. I didn't really ragequit back then.

These days, basically I'm calm and I don't throw my controller. Instead, I just curse that's all.