Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The most awkward brony moment

featherheart

Hey every pony, I was just wondering, since I've had some really big conversation stoppers over the last few weeks.

Has anypony ever said anything related to MLP without even knowing?

Like me... now I was going to pinkie promise some one and I was going to say pinkie promise, now that's not bad my friend knows about the show but have no idea I'm a brony, but my mind had other plans.

I said to her "ok you got to pinkie pie me thi..." she had a huge grin on her face and I just sat there in my own embarrassment.

Or other times like having to stop my self from saying everypony or anypony. It plays on my mind so much, I'm hopping I'm not the only one.

Anything like this happen to you guys?

Come forward, don't be shy. We're all friends here.

Edited by featherheart
  • Brohoof 5

Me and a friend were talking about Fallout: New Vegas and when I was supposed to say 'Pipboy' I said 'Pipbuck'. Several times, until he corrected me. I also called 'VATS', 'SATS', twice.

One of my friends told me to 'pinkie promise' them something, and I inadvertently blurted out, "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." She said, "Wha-?" "Nothing."

I once looked up 'Battle of Stalingrad' on Google, only to find out I typed in 'Battle of Stalliongrad'.

So, yes.

• Brohoof 11

Ha, one upped me there. Some people were talking about the film Twilight (you know the really bad vampire film). With out stoping to thing I walked up to them and said "oh you like Twilight too, she's my Favorite pony." Their faces went blank and they all looked at me.

I didn't even know them just thought they might have been bronies too, I walked off as fast as I could. That's just another of my... "moments"

• Brohoof 6

My most embarassing was when a friend of mine was using my pc, I had totally forgotten that I had installed Ponyhoof and Ponify on Firefox, it was only after her had been surfing around for a while that he eventually said "dude why is everyone saying 'anypony' and calling people 'stallion'?"

Having to explain they were mods I'd done to the computer... a little embarassing. I mean he knows I like the show but h didn't know how much.

During passing period at highschool, I was talking with a group of kids. Then, all of the sudden, one of my friends comes up and just out of the blue says I like mlp....

• Brohoof 2

During passing period at highschool, I was talking with a group of kids. Then, all of the sudden, one of my friends comes up and just out of the blue says I like mlp....

That's pretty amazing that he or she done that... dude you should brohoof him personally from me. Did anyone say anything when he done this or was it just a hit and run, so to speak.

A very awkward moment was when I told my girlfriend I'm a brony...

At first she laughed very hard and asked me why I like to watch a show for little girls. I told her it's just like PowerPuff Girls, only with an enormous(ly awesome) fanbase. She now thinks it's kinda cute and even said she'd like to watch an episode with me (hell yeah season 2 finale!).

Another very uncomfortable situation was when a friend of mine (who despises bronies, because he thinks they're all fags blabla) saw my drawing of Fluttershy along with some other sketches in my biology workbook at school. He stared at me, said "gay", and turned around again. I haven't spoken to him very much after that...

• Brohoof 3

A very awkward moment was when I told my girlfriend I'm a brony...

At first she laughed very hard and asked me why I like to watch a show for little girls. I told her it's just like PowerPuff Girls, only with an enormous(ly awesome) fanbase. She now thinks it's kinda cute and even said she'd like to watch an episode with me (hell yeah season 2 finale!).

Another very uncomfortable situation was when a friend of mine (who despises bronies, because he thinks they're all fags blabla) saw my drawing of Fluttershy along with some other sketches in my biology workbook at school. He stared at me, said "gay", and turned around again. I haven't spoken to him very much after that...

I found the show while with my gf and we both got into it, so thankfully dodged that bullet.

I have to say regarding your friend. That isn't that friendly, I mean I got gentle ribbing from my friends even before mlp but none of them would stop talking to me because I like a show.

• Brohoof 2

I found the show while with my gf and we both got into it, so thankfully dodged that bullet.

I have to say regarding your friend. That isn't that friendly, I mean I got gentle ribbing from my friends even before mlp but none of them would stop talking to me because I like a show.

Thinking about that, should it be difficult to tell the ones you love about the show?

Sounds like some kind of friendship test, friends (if they really are your friends) or lovers will just accept you for who you are. I don't really worry about telling others, its only when I meet someone new and just start talking about the show or when a pony reference comes out of no where, that's when I feel stupid.

• Brohoof 1

Thinking about that, should it be difficult to tell the ones you love about the show?

Sounds like some kind of friendship test, friends (if they really are your friends) or lovers will just accept you for who you are. I don't really worry about telling others, its only when I meet someone new and just start talking about the show or when a pony reference comes out of no where, that's when I feel stupid.

Agreed, I mean I would have told her anyway. I've revealed many dark secrets to her and liking mlp... yeah not even close.

It shouldn't be hard to tell them, in fact it should be nothing. For me it is, but then I have a very odd group of friends (seriously, one lives in a self made treehouse). I've not been embarassed even once, actually I was more embarrassed when I went to MCM London and saw all the bronies wandering around in costume, simply because I didn't think to do that.

• Brohoof 1

Agreed, I mean I would have told her anyway. I've revealed many dark secrets to her and liking mlp... yeah not even close.

It shouldn't be hard to tell them, in fact it should be nothing. For me it is, but then I have a very odd group of friends (seriously, one lives in a self made treehouse). I've not been embarassed even once, actually I was more embarrassed when I went to MCM London and saw all the bronies wandering around in costume, simply because I didn't think to do that.

Well as we can see you're not alone. I hope we get more ponies/people (which ever you prefer) talking and being open about themselves and the problems we all have.

• Brohoof 1

Well as we can see you're not alone. I hope we get more ponies/people (which ever you prefer) talking and being open about themselves and the problems we all have.

Sorry I meant to say its easy for me because of the odd friends I have. Thats what I get for not sleeping properly.

Lol either works for me, as I said I've got ponify installed so it comes up as 'ponies' anyway :)

That awkward moment when youre in a xbox live party filled with people that know i like mlp, and the one friend that doesn't know tells you "youre my only friend who doesn't like mlp". I didn't bother telling him ether xD.

• Brohoof 1

As I said, she's okay with it, the laughing only lasted for a couple of minutes so that wasn't too bad haha ;).

I think she's kinda starting to like it, even though she isn't really into cartoons (she hates SpongeBob xD), but I think that's more or less because I'm learning to play some of the songs from the show on my keyboard while she listens to it.

As I said, she's okay with it, the laughing only lasted for a couple of minutes so that wasn't too bad haha ;).

I think she's kinda starting to like it, even though she isn't really into cartoons (she hates SpongeBob xD), but I think that's more or less because I'm learning to play some of the songs from the show on my keyboard while she listens to it.

You planning to convert her or something?

That would be cool, maybe use those skills on some of your friends, so you have more bronies to talk to.

You planning to convert her or something?

That would be cool, maybe use those skills on some of your friends, so you have more bronies to talk to.

Well if she finds out she likes the show that would be totally cool, but I'm not gonna force it ;). It needs to be her own decision.

Winterbass and I have been converting some of our friends lately and we're seeing an increase in younger people also becoming bronies at our school (though they remain secretive, we're able to sniff them out) which we think is totally awesome /)^3^(\

• Brohoof 1

That's pretty amazing that he or she done that... dude you should brohoof him personally from me. Did anyone say anything when he done this or was it just a hit and run, so to speak.

Mostly why it was so awkward was that he said it kinda loud, as in loud enough for everyone within a 10 foot radius to be able to hear. For the most part, it was a hit and run :(

Probably my most awkward moment was when I realized that I was a brony. It sort of began as a quasi-research project (I was writing a humorous story for a non-brony friend that involved the pony's attempted multiversal domination which they would stop, and I wanted to be able to write the pony characters correctly). Then at some point during the first season, I suddenly realized, "Crap, I actually like this show." I was never the same again...

• Brohoof 4

well today I took a trip down to my school with one of my Rainbow Dash T-shirts on, picture of RD sleeping on a cloud and the word brony in bold up above it... can't say it was awkward,maybe a small victory for myself. Would any of you guy ever do that?

• Brohoof 2

well today I took a trip down to my school with one of my Rainbow Dash T-shirts on, picture of RD sleeping on a cloud and the word brony in bold up above it... can't say it was awkward,maybe a small victory for myself. Would any of you guy ever do that?

haha Ive been walking around with my pony shirts too, in hopes to find another brony.

i wouldn't consider it as awkward though. like, literally NO ONE in my area is a brony, except for one person, but its because i showed it to her.

hmmm the most awkward moment for me was when i brought in my laptop for a powerpoint presentation, and when i booted it up on the projector, everyone saw my background of the mane6 :lol: but i just stood there, proud to like the show^^

• Brohoof 6

haha Ive been walking around with my pony shirts too, in hopes to find another brony.

i wouldn't consider it as awkward though. like, literally NO ONE in my area is a brony, except for one person, but its because i showed it to her.

hmmm the most awkward moment for me was when i brought in my laptop for a powerpoint presentation, and when i booted it up on the projector, everyone saw my background of the mane6 :lol: but i just stood there, proud to like the show^^

Ha, if I were you I would have made the presentation about the mane 6, and then went around the room after offering people brohoofs and info on when and where they can watch the show.

• Brohoof 3

Ha, if I were you I would have made the presentation about the mane 6, and then went around the room after offering people brohoofs and info on when and where they can watch the show.

AHHH that would be soo awesome :wub: . i would definitely do that, if my presentation outlines would allow it. Haha, converting my class into bronies, i can see that XD

• Brohoof 3

AHHH that would be soo awesome :wub: . i would definitely do that, if my presentation outlines would allow it. Haha, converting my class into bronies, i can see that XD

It's what I see everyday... it's always good to dream don't you think. I shall be going places with my new found tolerances (well found a good year ago)

• Brohoof 1