Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apple Bloom's Cousin (SPOILERS?)

Arcus (Silver Lining) Wind

We should kill her and then blame the murder on Big Mac....because she's a jerk.....lets do the same to Diamond Tiara and Blueblood and Silver Spoon while we're at it....

In all seriousness (Though I'm serious about the first part...) another jerk character....and she's related to Apple Bloom...that's just awful. Family problems are always bad.

• Brohoof 4

She'll probably redeem herself/realise what a jerk she is at the end and then never be seen again (hopefully). Hopefully doesn't stay with the other two planks for future episodes.

Edited by Turtle Power
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm. Looks interesting.

She seem to be like a typical teenage girl who hangs around the "cool" guys.

And i can't wait for everyone to call her a villain.

I wonder if her cousin is the daughter of AJ's Aunt and Uncle Orange, since they're also from Manehattan? I'm not gonna lie, I really didn't like her exaggerated Brooklyn accent, but I do think this is gonna be a good episode and that the show will handle the subject of bullying very well.

Oh, also, 1:23, another Star Wars reference (easy one, but still, it is a reference) FTW!!!!!!!!! B)

• Brohoof 2

@Turtle Power seems to have wrapped up the plot nicely. It's basically going to end with something on the lines of "bullies are actually insecure."

The look her cousin gave her at the end...I don't know if that was nothing or she was trying to give her some kind of high sign?

Highly improbable, but it would be funny if she was infiltrating the other group.

Edited by Party Cannon

I'm not really a fan of the accent either, but this looks to be an interesting episode on bullying and trying to fit in. It would be insane if Apple Blooms cousin really joined up with Diamond tiara and Silver spoon then they both would have 3 members.

• Brohoof 1

i can relate to this...

babs had to choose between what reputation to have... hanging with the cool kids or the.... um.... CMC...

i had to choose between being a pokemon nerd or a bad ass... and what did i choose.... bad ass!

I agree with most others are thinking about. She seemed really insecure of herself at the beginning when she was called a blank flank by Diamond and Silver. This will likely end up with the lesson that a bullies greatest fear is being bullied or something along that line. But yeah, dat accent. It blows my mind. A little much, but that's OK. I'm sure that when I'm watching it, the accent will take a back seat the epicness that will surely ensue.

And if Sweetie Belle cries... I don't think I could take it. I mean, to see her weep would strike me deep in the heart. No foolin'. The dam holding my manly tears cracked a little when she said that last line.

• Brohoof 1

Looks interesting but it feels like its gonna be on of those episodes were the bad one does something and the good one get blamed ...... bbbbooooorrriiiinnnggg unless i'm wrong

We should kill her and then blame the murder on Big Mac....because she's a jerk.....lets do the same to Diamond Tiara and Blueblood and Silver Spoon while we're at it....

leave Blueblood and Diamond Tiara alone >_>.

This episode is very ironic.

Here we have applebloom's cousin who's a blank flank just like the CMCs, belittling them. The irony is that we expect blank flanks to band together (just as the CMCs did) and find their destiny in life. But no, it's the complete opposite. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Probably like the Gilda episode.

Looks interesting but it feels like its gonna be on of those episodes were the bad one does something and the good one get blamed ...... bbbbooooorrriiiinnnggg unless i'm wrong

leave Blueblood and Diamond Tiara alone >_>.

But...but...Blueblood is a jerk....why can't I kill him? Oh fine....I'll just maim him with my fists.

Can I at least kidnap Big Mac? Can you at least grant me that?!

Anypony who joins forces with Diamond Tiara is an enemy!! D:

But I bet she'll realize how acting cool just to be with the popular ponies isn't right and learns to accept herself for who she is. Cool to see a CMC episode as well! But ?I don't think she'll be like Gilda...

Another thing I think is gonna happen is that Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon will make her do something mean to a certain pony, making Applebloom's cousin wishy washy on whether to do it or not.

I'm not gonna lie, I really didn't like her exaggerated Brooklyn accent

OMG I know! I think that's one of the things I hated the most about her.

And if Sweetie Belle cries... I don't think I could take it. I mean, to see her weep would strike me deep in the heart. No foolin'. The dam holding my manly tears cracked a little when she said that last line.

I hear ya bro. Sweetie Belle is pobably my favorite CMC and I might just break down if she cried.
  • Brohoof 1

There is a reason why most people prefer all the other antagonist over gilda. Gilda, really didn't have any motivation to be a jerk. She was just being a jerk to be a jerk.

Ponies like Trixe, Diamond Tiara, and now Babs, all have motivation.

Babs, motivation is that she doesn't want to made fun of herself.

I actually like babs character design. The voice also gets better the more you listen to it.

I"m actually looking forward to what bags can do.

I hear ya bro. Sweetie Belle is pobably my favorite CMC and I might just break down if she cried.

This will be my reaction if Sweetie Belle cries a squeaky cry at any point in tomorrow's episode:

Posted Image

Also, I listened to the clip below to double check and confirm my beliefs, but I am actually 90% certain that Babs is being voiced by Andrea Libman. Listen to the clip from tomorrow's episode, and then compare Babs's voice with Pinkie Pie's voice for Rocky (which has a Brooklyn accent as well) in the clip below, from the episode "Party of One":

https://www.youtube....h?v=JHy3ZhY9VKs

Whether or not I'm correct, the latter is still a FANTASTIC clip! B)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

is it just me... or dose babs sound like a dude?

why dose babs sound like a dude? maybe its that big city personality.... or.... ???

meh... i dont like to fuss over details...

Edited by villan97

i could tell that she was being a jerk because she didnt want to be bullied by diamond tiara and silver spoon.

also i almost confused her for a guy because of her voice

-_-

Edited by golden felix
  • Brohoof 1

I just watched the clip even though I wanted to wait for tomorrow. (Oh, temptation!) I have a theory. Is this going to be the ol' "Pretend you're evil without telling your friends, to set the bad guys up for a fall" plot? Babs did seem startled when the pumpkin started it's roll to oblivion.

I guess we'll all know in a few hours!

Redemption doesn't seem too impossible. Gilda, Tiara, etc have all remained jerks, so I could see this 'bully'-centered episode possibly having a lesson about how people can change when given the opportunity and correct friends. Or something. I dunno :3

• Brohoof 2

Redemption doesn't seem too impossible. Gilda, Tiara, etc have all remained jerks, so I could see this 'bully'-centered episode possibly having a lesson about how people can change when given the opportunity and correct friends. Or something. I dunno :3

Oh I'd say that's most definitely probable, especially considering it appears that Babs, rather than being a straight-up jerk, may have another ulterior motive revolving around insecurity or a desire to fit in that is driving her to bully the CMC and hang out with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Also, I think that the fact that she's family with Apple Bloom suggests that there is a very good chance that she might change over the course of this episode and recognize the wrong that she has done to the CMC.

On the other hand, given the show's track record with unlikable characters, it could just as easily turn out that she doesn't redeem herself. However, I think that your theory concerning Babs's redemption is a much more likely concluding scenario for this episode than the latter theory is.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, 1:41 can really make you hate someone. But really I can tell by the end of the episode , Diamond and Silver are going to ditch Applebloom's cousin because of her no cutie mark situation. You have to remember thats a reason they make fun of the CMC's in the first place. I'm not sure if the cousin will be nice to Applebloom by the end of the episode, but maybe just maybe she will turn nice at the end of the episode. But if I know Diamond and Sliver well enough, they are going to ditch the cousin or make fun of her by the end of the episode. And the cousin might by running back to Applebloom for forgiveness probably by the end of the episode. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png