PurpleBaconEater

*sigh*

I know I have said this many times before, and maybe I sound like a bit of a broken record, but I absolutely DESPISE Trixie. I honestly don't get all the hype about her. She is such a bitch and the only time I found her entertaining was when she was voiced by Marcus Phoenix and Bender. Still hated her, even then.

I honestly cannot believe they are giving this character another episode, or that anyone would even want her back at all! She is a cruel, lying, manipulative pony and I couldn't hate her more.

I personally don't like Trixie at all and I have been considering not even watching the episode at all because of this hatred for such an unlikable character. I may watch it, but only if I learn that it is super important to what is to come.

This. Totally this. I have no CLUE why people like Trixie. There was not a single good quility about her. As I said in my post. The only reason I am looking forward to this episode is to see Twilight Kick her ass in the end.

• Brohoof 2

My past does not define me 'cause My past is not Today

I don't know why but the whole episode looks like it could've been treated as a two parter for some reason. I figured that Trixie would be using some remenant of King Sombras power as we've seen his horn being blasted away somewhere in the season 3 premire. I guess it's safe to say Trixie proprably found it his horn which turned into a necklace and uses it's dark magic power which in turn maybe not possess her but definetly corrupt Trixie in some way.

i was thinking it would be a two-parter as well. Especially considering

twilight looses to Trixie

i know the show is consistent but i don't think they can just continue with the show without her. maybe twilight will study with Luna SPOILER while she is in exile Spoiler.

If that is what happens that would be amazing. Something i have noticed their is alot of dark magic happening this season. I think at some point twilight is going to loose control of her new found dark magic abilities and end up... well actually that seems to be as far as my train of thought has gone just have to wait and see I guess .

that sounds sooo awesome :wub:

I'm thinking that any mention/reuse of dark magic will be held until the season finale. Guessing they will just show that Trixie has 'found' some magic artifact which is the cause of her increased power and not actually go in to any link between it and the Dark Magic/Sombra thingum. Or if they do, it will be a very subtle hint.

i like the idea of a magical artifact. it reminds me of horcuxes

King Sombra's going to have a huge role this season. I'm totatlly going to call it now...weeks later Sombra isn't mentioned or even seen still.

i think that makes sense considering everyone was feeling pissy after sombra had no dialogue but i think that is because he's not gone yet.

I hope that trixie ends up being a good character in the end coz it would just be so sad for her to be genuinely evil, luna don't seem to get much screentime this season either.

i think luna will get more screen time as twilight continues her studies

Galaxy, is everything that happens in the show "Fan Service" to you? I just noticed you were complaining about Trixies eyes turning red. Maybe chill a little?

Anyway, if it is King Sombra, it would be the first time in any of the seasons where there is a central villain throughout the entire season. I'm pretty sure the magick she's weilding belongs to Sombra but I don't think he is controling her. Trixie was arrogant before and humiliated last time she was in ponyville. If she found something that made her truely powerful, she seems the type to come back a get revenge, no King Sombra possession required.

I hope in the end Twilight Sparkle kicks her ass......

i dont want to burst your bubble but

twilight loses

Cannot wait to watch this episode, but I cannot watch it till Monday since I have my black belt grading this weekend so I am going to miss the live stream on Bronystate

you can always watch it on youtube. Try subscribing to Pinkie Pie. she uploads the epsiodes the day the come out. i think some time in the afternoon is usually when she releases them

I AM A GENUINE, CERTIFIED, PONIFIED, FULL OF PRIDE, PONYVILLE BRONY

HE WAS A ONE EYED, ONE HORNED, FLYING PURPLE PEOPLE EATER

SHE WAS A TWO EYED, NO HORNED, WALKING PURPLE BACON EATER

Despite his lack of development, he was quite imposing in my opinion.The way the crystal ponies are all screwy in the head and living under this perpetual aura of oppression and fear. He's like pony Cthulhu.I could see Trixie being Sombra's Alhahazred.

Edited by Jammo

Despite his lack of development, he was quite imposing in my opinion. The way the crystal ponies are all screwy in the head and living under this perpetual aura of oppression and fear. He's like pony Cthulhu. I could see Trixie being Sombra's Alhahazred.

I'd say Cthullu is a bit much, the Crystal ponies did not in fact start to claw out their eyes when he reappeared.

I also don't think the stone will be related to him (it doesn't fit his coloursheme and it's got wings on it, which doesn't fit him).

Since we'll probably have the Arabian horses in this episode, maybe it's a stone housing a Djinn?

I also doubt Sombra will be an overarching villain, since Celestia and Luna seemed to consider defeating him more or less a roadbumb for Twilight.

My Art Thread, updated (almost) daily

Tomorrow will take us away, far from home

No one will ever know our names

But the bard songs will remain.

THEORY:

I think this magic duel will be the catalyst for Luna training Twilight in the Dark Arts.

Trixie will use Dark Magic to defeat and exile Twilight, but in the end the princesses will intervene. There's no way they'd let Trixie get away with that.

They'll have no choice but to fast track her training. For some reason I'm picturing something similar to Lupin training Harry in Prizoner of Azbaban. Lupin:Werewolf::Luna:Nightmare Moon

And all of this will lead to Twilight's eventual corruption in the season finale...

THEORY 2:

Or it could just be another one of those life lesson episodes. Like instead of getting into a fight find the nearest authority figure. Either way, I really want to see the princesses kick some ass!

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

Laxnggg.gif

I'd say Cthullu is a bit much, the Crystal ponies did not in fact start to claw out their eyes when he reappeared.I also don't think the stone will be related to him (it doesn't fit his coloursheme and it's got wings on it, which doesn't fit him).Since we'll probably have the Arabian horses in this episode, maybe it's a stone housing a Djinn?I also doubt Sombra will be an overarching villain, since Celestia and Luna seemed to consider defeating him more or less a roadbumb for Twilight.

How do you claw your eyes out with hooves?But seriously I mean in terms of a dark presence that's out of sight but still continues to haunt people regardless.Not as dark as Cthulhu of course, it IS My Little Pony.

I'd say Cthullu is a bit much, the Crystal ponies did not in fact start to claw out their eyes when he reappeared.

I also don't think the stone will be related to him (it doesn't fit his coloursheme and it's got wings on it, which doesn't fit him).

Since we'll probably have the Arabian horses in this episode, maybe it's a stone housing a Djinn?

I also doubt Sombra will be an overarching villain, since Celestia and Luna seemed to consider defeating him more or less a roadbumb for Twilight.

THE SMOOZE

Edited by Circadian

Laxnggg.gif

I'm thinking Sombra will return - otherwise, they would probably have tried to flesh out his character in the season premier. But, who knows - Trixie getting her powers from something else is just as interesting of a concept.

I'm just really wondering how this episode is going to end. I don't think I've ever been more curious about how an episode will play out. I'm hoping that Twilight will be able to return to Ponyville by the end of the episode, because not only would the show seem very odd without Twilight, but the next few episodes just sound like normal episodes based on their descriptions, and not "get Twilight back into Ponyville" episodes. If the rest of the mane six do nothing to try and get Twilight back, that would just be out of character for them.

• Brohoof 1

7317fd12-e4bc-4cf9-b819-7f740ca59185_zps

Together since October 19th, 2011

Well we all saw how Sombra exploded, so him directly influencing the new more evil Trixie isn't possible.  Though we all saw his horn fly away.  Who's to say Trixie didn't find that and make it into a necklace, and use the ultimate dark magic power against Twilight.

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

How do you claw your eyes out with hooves?

When you see freakin' Cthulhu, you find a way  :ph34r: .

I'm thinking Sombra will return - otherwise, they would probably have tried to flesh out his character in the season premier. But, who knows - Trixie getting her powers from something else is just as interesting of a concept.

True, but going from "corrupting an empire and tainting all of Equestria" to "throw Twilight out of town" seems a bit anticlimactic, don't you think? If he comes back (which I hope), it'll probably be for the finale with higher stakes.

• Brohoof 2

My Art Thread, updated (almost) daily

Tomorrow will take us away, far from home

No one will ever know our names

But the bard songs will remain.

With the magic duel episode there are a lot of things to speculate about.  One thing I found quite interesting was the amulet around Twilight's neck which looks tribal in nature. 

At the moment, I wonder how dark it will be for the show creators to have pulled an Avatar end with Trixie.

During the course of the duel, Twilight overpowers Trixie through the use of said amulet.  It causes the magic in Trixie's amulet to overload and cause the magic within her horn to disperse.  The pony's horn disappears and the not so great and powerful Trixie is left as a pony/mare that's neither earth, pegasi or unicorn. 

She essentially becomes the worse thing imaginable to her. Nothing.  This is potentially when the delegates from Sadle Arabia take her in at the behest of Twilight with Trixie swearing revenge against the studious unicorn for the shame she endured.  *Gotta have a somewhat sweet ending I guess*

True, but going from "corrupting an empire and tainting all of Equestria" to "throw Twilight out of town" seems a bit anticlimactic, don't you think? If he comes back (which I hope), it'll probably be for the finale with higher stakes.

Whoops. I didn't clarify enough. I didn't mean Sombra would return this episode - just that Trixie might get her powers from his horn or whatnot, and that will hint as his return. When I said he'd return, I meant during the finale. Sorry I worded my post wrong :P

7317fd12-e4bc-4cf9-b819-7f740ca59185_zps

Together since October 19th, 2011

*sigh*I know I have said this many times before, and maybe I sound like a bit of a broken record, but I absolutely DESPISE Trixie. I honestly don't get all the hype about her. She is such a bitch and the only time I found her entertaining was when she was voiced by Marcus Phoenix and Bender. Still hated her, even then.I honestly cannot believe they are giving this character another episode, or that anyone would even want her back at all! She is a cruel, lying, manipulative pony and I couldn't hate her more.I personally don't like Trixie at all and I have been considering not even watching the episode at all because of this hatred for such an unlikable character. I may watch it, but only if I learn that it is super important to what is to come.

That's probably one of the points . . .  It's much more realistic that an antagonist returns, rather than them just disappearing forever. It's like if you have someone bother you once, even if they go away, they often return at some point - sometimes even years later.  And since Trixie was an annoying, mean antagonist in her initial appearance  bringing her back as an evil/possessed/corrupted pony is a good idea.

• Brohoof 2

1fwbo8.png

Well we all saw how Sombra exploded, so him directly influencing the new more evil Trixie isn't possible.  Though we all saw his horn fly away.  Who's to say Trixie didn't find that and make it into a necklace, and use the ultimate dark magic power against Twilight.

ya i think so too. 

ps. i think it might actually be a clasp for her fancy dancy (not the sarcasm) cloak

wow. i never thought of it as anticlimactic. youre right. now i REALLY hope that its just some really interesting magical artifact with its own backstory. i mean, trixie's eyes arent even glowing the right colour.

i love how everyone is alread getting excited about the my little pony, friendship is magic season three finale when we arent even 5 episodes in to the first one yet.

I AM A GENUINE, CERTIFIED, PONIFIED, FULL OF PRIDE, PONYVILLE BRONY

HE WAS A ONE EYED, ONE HORNED, FLYING PURPLE PEOPLE EATER

SHE WAS A TWO EYED, NO HORNED, WALKING PURPLE BACON EATER

I cannot wait for this episode, it looks amazing!

But I am pretty sure there was foreshadowing when it showed King Sombras horn being broken when Cadence put her barrier up again and he could still control it, also in his death scene it shows his horn still whole and not destroyed when he gets... blown up. 

So that may be showing that there are still dark powers in his horn possessing Trixie, (or something like that) maybe, hard chance but he may, some how be 'alive' but more in the form of a 'ghost' or 'shadow'. 

But at the same time, it may be something totally different.... 

Edited by Rainbow-Crayons
  • Brohoof 1

I'm actually really hoping that the King Sombra possesion of Trixie is true. I think it would be a cool new twist to have the villain alive throughout the whole season. Maybe this will make King Sombra better in my eyes, for I just found him to be a really lame villain. Hopefully his character develops through these episodes, then maybe I won't be so disappointed with King Sombra.

• Brohoof 2

<3 Love comes in all shapes, sizes, hearts, and derpy eyes <3

DoctorDerpysig.png

Check out my deviantart page: http://doctorderpy.deviantart.com/

Wait, wait wait wait a second.. did i see clearly? Twilight gets EXILED??!!, I mean, The Savior of Equestria? The Protectorate of The Crystal Empire?, The Element of Magic? and then gets exiled?? This is Madness! SPARTA!! Madness!

Anyway, the theory about Trixie getting Sombra's power is not entirely impossible, but extremely hard to believe. Did Trixie even venture out near the blast site? Will it even be visible? or Will it get buried?. We won't find out until we watch.

-ChEeRz

Edited by Flash Lighter

rainbow_dash_signature_banner_by_legendaryditto-d4hz0if.png

If this is true we are all dead, as in Trixie is best one-episode antagonist [Chrysalis is best all-around antagonist] and it will be interesting to see more of Sombra's personality.

Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the courage to disobey.

First of all, it's really hard to believe that Trixie's necklace is made out of Sombra's horn / used to be in his possession. He got destroyed by the crystal heart, and even if his horn "survived", how would Trixie find it? What is the likeliness of her just casually finding it? If you look closely at the necklace, it forms an alicorn. Last time I checked King Sombra was just a good ol' unicorn. (See picture in spoiler.)

Posted Image

Secondly, why is everyone attacking Trixie so aggressively? Do you guys really think she's a bitch for no reason? Posted Image Her behaviour suggests that she used to be bullied for her lack of talent, or used to be neglected by her parents, or she didn't have friends, etc. I mean sure, she isn't the kindest pony ever, but at least don't bash her! I always felt sorry for her for being disliked this much...

• Brohoof 1

{ art thread }   2df573525aa068aa2d338213470a63e9-d5nhq21   { deviantArt }

First of all, it's really hard to believe that Trixie's necklace is made out of Sombra's horn / used to be in his possession. He got destroyed by the crystal heart, and even if his horn "survived", how would Trixie find it? What is the likeliness of her just casually finding it? If you look closely at the necklace, it forms an alicorn. Last time I checked King Sombra was just a good ol' unicorn. (See picture in spoiler.)

Posted Image

Secondly, why is everyone attacking Trixie so aggressively? Do you guys really think she's a bitch for no reason? Posted Image Her behaviour suggests that she used to be bullied for her lack of talent, or used to be neglected by her parents, or she didn't have friends, etc. I mean sure, she isn't the kindest pony ever, but at least don't bash her! I always felt sorry for her for being disliked this much...

Well, on your first point, you may be right, but you also may not be. Sombra was wearing a cape whenever we saw his full form. Who knows, maybe he was hiding wings underneath. Another theory is, that maybe a bit of Cadence's power got mixed into Sombra's horn transforming it into alicorn class magic.

And as for why I hate Trixie, honestly, I really dont know why I hate her with such seething hate. Something about her just irks me I guess.

I play the friendly, fearsome, fiery griffin characters.
LVt9V.png
GildaShy is best ship.
I AM AN 18 YEAR OLD BOY!
Please stop mistaking me for a girl....

Well, on your first point, you may be right, but you also may not be. Sombra was wearing a cape whenever we saw his full form. Who knows, maybe he was hiding wings underneath. Another theory is, that maybe a bit of Cadence's power got mixed into Sombra's horn transforming it into alicorn class magic.

And as for why I hate Trixie, honestly, I really dont know why I hate her with such seething hate. Something about her just irks me I guess.

It was said in the show that he's a unicorn. "King Sombra, a unicorn whose heart was black as night..." As for Cadence's magic mixing with Sombra's... I don't think it's even possible.

Plus today's episode proved that the necklace bore alicorn magic, which corrupted Trixie.

{ art thread }   2df573525aa068aa2d338213470a63e9-d5nhq21   { deviantArt }

Secondly, why is everyone attacking Trixie so aggressively? Do you guys really think she's a bitch for no reason? Her behaviour suggests that she used to be bullied for her lack of talent, or used to be neglected by her parents, or she didn't have friends, etc. I mean sure, she isn't the kindest pony ever, but at least don't bash her! I always felt sorry for her for being disliked this much...

well to be honest, i don't really hate Trixie i just hated they way she was acting and like fellow on youtube said she makes the perfect foil to Twilight, and while i haven't seen the episode, i AM hoping that she may redeem herself