If you could make ONE shipping canon... (discussion)

Silverwisp the Bard

..which one would it be? Hasbro couldn't stop you and A Milion Moms are too busy looking for satanist sub-tones in Harry Potter.

Please do tell and argue why this one shipping deserves to be on the show ("because they'd be cute together" is not an argument). To keep this somewhat in check, no OCs (sorry kitchen sink) and nothing that would blatantly contradict canon (Celestia and Discord).

I'll  be back shortly, giving you my 2 cents.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 3

My Art Thread, updated (almost) daily

Tomorrow will take us away, far from home

No one will ever know our names

But the bard songs will remain.

So does that mean no Celestia and Discord? :(  Too bad.  I thought they could be...like friends when they were younger until Dizzy went crazy.

But then again...I think any fan shipping would ruin most fanfictions D:

So maybe not after all...

Edited by Feather Gem
  • Brohoof 1

DiSCoRd'S AppRENtICe

FeatherGemSiggie_zps0c16c701.png

Promise Me - A Fanfiction By Feather Gem

None. I would not make any fan shipping canon on the show. I'd hate to disappoint the fans of all the other dozens of ships...and no matter which one it was, making it legit would not feel right to me. Especially if it were a Mane 6. :)

• Brohoof 3

"Human beings fascinate me

Being just the way they are..."

Rainbow x Spike. Sorry, but after reading Spike's Rainbow Dash it's clear they are a perfect couple. Also, SHIP SPIKE WITH EVERYPONY! Sorry. But yeah, the two are perfect pranksters for each other.

• Brohoof 1

Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the courage to disobey.

None. Since the show is a kids show it can't actually have homosexuals on it (which is so very very stupid) and I don't like any shippings with male ponies, and Spike's a dragon.

Though, maybe shipping Flitter and Cloudchaser would be okay. :P

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

(edited)

So does that mean no Celestia and Discord? :(  Too bad.  I thought they could be...like friends when they were younger until Dizzy went crazy.

Celestia implied that Discord already ruled Equestria in a stated of misery, when she and Luna arrived, so I doubt there would have been much of a chance for them becoming friends...

• Brohoof 1

Derpy Hooves and the Doctor with Dinky Doo and Sparkler as their children. Other then that I like the way the show has been going and too much shipping could cause problems.

• Brohoof 1

I'd make Spike and Sweetie Belle a thing, if that doesn't interfere with what you defy as canon. I mean if it wouldn't get in the way of Rarity and Spike, if that counts as canon.

I think they'll go good together, you know, 'cause Spike and Sweetie Belle are like, the best ever.

...Okay so maybe I don't have a good reason but I want to see Sweetie Belle and Spike damn it!

Or Spike and any CMC really... or Tom....

Edited by Brook

Flutterdash!

It's the closest to canon and wouldn't be a particular shock. Plus it's just an awesome ship...although Fluttershy's increasing bipolar rage may be a problem.

Twixie would also be good, although it would take a few episodes to set up (Trixie needs to develop a bit, Twilight needs to get over her self-righteousness).

Unfortunately there's no real chance of F/F shipping (and Hasbro would never in a million years even suggest M/M). The only viable non-canon M/F ship is Soardash, and I'm not a fan as I never really liked Soarin.

• Brohoof 2

wwtd.png

#SOCKS

I'd make Spike and Sweetie Belle a thing, if that doesn't interfere with what you defy as canon. I mean if it wouldn't get in the way of Rarity and Spike, if that counts as canon.

I think they'll go good together, you know, 'cause Spike and Sweetie Belle are like, the best ever.

...Okay so maybe I don't have a good reason but I want to see Sweetie Belle and Spike damn it!

Or Spike and any CMC really... or Tom....

Are you implying that Spike is a rocksexual? :ph34r:

I can see why people like SpikexSweetie Belle, but I couldn't see it happening. Quite apart from the fact that he's still swooning over Rarity, he is closer to the Mane Six in age and certainly in maturity, while Sweetie Belle is, let's be honest, the most childish and naive of the CMC.

Flutterdash!

It's the closest to canon and wouldn't be a particular shock.

How exactly is that, apart from Dash sticking up for her in flightcamp?

My personal  pick:

SpikexRarity:

Just about everything about those two's relationship intrigues me: The fact that at it started out as him just gushing about her and how she slowly gained some affection for him. The fact that his feelings for Rarity were strong enough for him to overcome his nature.

How Rarity might not be sure what exactlyher feelings for him are.That they are different species and all the problems and stigma that come with that.There could be a lesson about how appearances don't matter, as long as two beings are in love.

You could do a whole season about these two coming together.

• Brohoof 4

I guess Rarity x Fancypants

Although it's not my ship of choice it does seem like he would make her happy and they would make a good canon couple without making all the fanfic writers and the community blowup. It's also the closest canon couple in the series right now (aside from RarityxSpike's will they; won't they). The show has made it clear that Rarity is ready for an adult relationship and it's not just based off some quick little moment in the show. (omg raritwi since they touched hooovessss dawwwwh.) 

~

• Brohoof 1

dgpRo.gif

If I could choose, I would love to see Soarin' and Rainbow Dash together

cuxUe.jpg

Both are fliers, they live for speed, and their color schemes make a perfect match. Not to mention Rainbow Dash freakin' saved his live once.

k3v45pe.jpg?1

CelestiaxLuna.

They were in a happy relationship for many years, but sending Luna to the moon for 1,000 years was Celestia's way of breaking up with her, and then when she came back and was made good again, they decided to give it another try.

I'm completely serious.

Are you implying that Spike is a rocksexual? :ph34r:

I can see why people like SpikexSweetie Belle, but I couldn't see it happening. Quite apart from the fact that he's still swooning over Rarity, he is closer to the Mane Six in age and certainly in maturity, while Sweetie Belle is, let's be honest, the most childish and naive of the CMC.

Actually I just want more Tom screen time. But who knows? maybe Spike IS  a rocksexual and he was too distracted to find it out? :P

I just think they'll like each other, it's pretty much the only shipping that I can actually see happening aside from Lyra and Bon-Bon (which is like, half-way canon by now). It just makes sense to me I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Discord and Tom.

It'd be perfect since they're both rock hard all the time.It might be awkward at first,sure,but all first times are.But after that though...it'd just be bliss for the both of them.They'd go out and do it all the time.In the theaters,in the restaurant,in a club...anywhere.

Just so we're on the same page,we're talking about first dates here,right?

• Brohoof 2

Discord and Tom.

It'd be perfect since they're both rock hard all the time.It might be awkward at first,sure,but all first times are.But after that though...it'd just be bliss for the both of them.They'd go out and do it all the time.In the theaters,in the restaurant,in a club...anywhere.

Just so we're on the same page,we're talking about first dates here,right?

Rock hard rock-on-rock action. I like the way you think kid. DiscTom is best shipping. Ever.

I'm completely serious. Completely.

• Brohoof 1

Lyra and Bon Bon. At first, I was strictly against shippings, but after a while of seeing Lyra and bon Bon togetheron the show, in fan fictions, fan art, the shipping kind of grew on me, and I think that they would make a petty nice couple. 

• Brohoof 1

Derpy x Dr Hooves, I feel their contridicting personalities would make for a great ship. Ever since I saw a video of them being shipped, I must say I would in fact love for this to be canon.

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

I would have to go with FlutterMac. I mean it would make sense. He's the strong silent type, but country so he wouldn't mind the animals and he would be like the protector type. I've seen SO many shipping stuff about them and its ADORABLE!!!!

• Brohoof 2

My past does not define me 'cause My past is not Today

Lyra and Bon Bon. At first, I was strictly against shippings, but after a while of seeing Lyra and bon Bon togetheron the show, in fan fictions, fan art, the shipping kind of grew on me, and I think that they would make a petty nice couple. 

They do look nice together, I just wish we knew a bit more about them (apart from the fact that Bon Bon likes extorting apples out of other ponies).

I think, an interesting episode episode would be the two announcing that they are a couple with one of the Mane Six having to overcome her prejudices against same-sex relationships. Kinda leaning towards AJ here, both because it would fit her old fashioned upbringing and it would give her some flaw apart from "she tends to work too hard".

• Brohoof 1

Being a kid's show, only platonic shipping will ever be canon...

With that said, I cast my vote for FlutterDash.  At first glance, these two appear to be polar opposites in tastes and interests.  But that also means they compliment each other very well.  RD helps Fluttershy compensate for some of her shortcomings and vice versa.  They've been good friends since childhood and they show great chemsitry ever time they spend time together, especially in Hurricane Fluttershy. 

• 2 years later...

Big Mac x Cheerilee

Hear me out: In Hearts and Hooves Day, the ship was definitely forced (for the sake of the plot/comedy), but this sleeper ship has been subtly simmering ever since. At the end of that same episode, they presumably go to have a fun talk while the cmc work on their punishment. it seems like this would go a lot smoother than the forced environment earlier in the episode. In Filli Vanilli, Cheerilee, who is at the front row of a performance, faints at Big Mac's lip synched performance by flutterguy. This suggests that she has the capability of being swooned by Big Mac, and cheerilee even goes on to request another performance by the group at her school. This seed could someday blossom into a lovely relationship. Big Mac has ever so slowly begun to open up on this show, and I think it would add another layer to his character if he finally got to the point where he was comfortable talking with cheerilee .

• Brohoof 2

sig-33706.sig-33706.sig-33706.sig-33706.
Check out my youtube music channel                                                                                      My OC- Prof. Noble H. Quikwitt