Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Eenohay

I imagine it Granny Smith was originally Annie Smith, married AJ/AB/Mac's grandfather who's last name was Apple and kept her name.

So I'd say it's Applejack Apple, or if you want to be humanly accurate about it, Jackie (or some variation of Jackie) Apple

I don't think names work the same way on the show, most of the time

Diamond Tiara's father is Filthy Rich. Sweetie Belle and Rarity are sisters, Applejack and Apple Bloom are sisters. But their names don't suggest it.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think names work the same way on the show, most of the time

Diamond Tiara's father is Filthy Rich. Sweetie Belle and Rarity are sisters, Applejack and Apple Bloom are sisters. But their names don't suggest it.

Was just about to post something like this. You nailed it.

It is possible that Equestria does not observe the same Name-Middle-Surname lineage system that is so prevalent in Western developed society.

I've been wondering about this for a while and I believe you're right. I think some families have surnames and some don't. For example Pinkie's real name is Pinkamena Diane Pie and she has a granny Pie which suggests that her last name is Pie, and the Cake family all have Cake at the end of their names but other families such as the Apple family and Rarity's family don't seem to have surnames. As far as the Apple family goes, I think they're just called that because they all have something to do with apples.