Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's your favorite movie? How about least favorite?

Hollow Wind

If you're looking for laughs, try one (or all) of these:

Dumb & Dumber '

' Step Brothers '

' Mean Girls '

Déjà Vu" (2006) Starring Denzel Washington.  "Lost in Space" (1998) Starring Stephen Hopkins "Retroactive" (1997) Starring James Belushi "12 Monkeys" (1995) Starring Bruce Willis. "12:01" (1993 TV movie) Starring Jonathan Silverman "Freejack" (1992) Starring Emilio Estevez AND Mick Jagger! "The Philadelphia Experiment" (1984) Starring Michael Paré "The Final Countdown" (1980) Starring Kirk Douglas

I'm sorry, but I can't watch any of these movies. They all contain time shenanigans. In my experience Hollywood seems to think that if their movie contains time travel it doesn't have to contain logic. Every single movie that I have ever seen that has time meddling as a major plot point has invariably been bad. Even if the movies were good, (which I'm sure they are) years of movie based temporal trauma would prevent me from ever enjoying them. 

"Paycheck" (2003) Starring Ben Affleck.

I did watch this one, however. Although it was indeed good, the time shenanigans prevented my from fully enjoying the movie.

"Planet of the Apes" (1968) Starring Charlton Heston

This movie is a classic. Who hasn't seen it?

I'm sorry, but I can't watch any of these movies. They all contain time shenanigans. In my experience Hollywood seems to think that if their movie contains time travel it doesn't have to contain logic. Every single movie that I have ever seen that has time meddling as a major plot point has invariably been bad. Even if the movies were good, (which I'm sure they are) years of movie based temporal trauma would prevent me from ever enjoying them. 

Oh shoot. I LOVE movies with time shenanigans! I purposely left out those that you could identify as time travel films by the title. Otherwise, my list would have been twice as long. My dad pointed out one thing about "The Philadelphia Experiment" that he claimed made it a good time travel movie. The sailor from the past was totally confused when he tried to drive a modern car. He went into a sort of panic because it was an automatic that had no clutch. He also marveled at how light an empty beer can was. He had never encountered one made of aluminum before. It also featured scenes where most of the ill fated crew were melded into the bulkheads and deck of the ship. They were STILL alive! That part horrified me when I fist saw it.  

Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox. Its an animated superhero movie, and it doesn't require a lot of prior knowledge of superheroes to get into it.

Gah! Time Travel shenanigans! And speed force!? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! But despite all that nonsense, I enjoyed the movie anyway.  I somehow barely managed to maintain my suspension of disbelief long enough to enjoy the thrilling action, compelling characters, and splendid animation. But I wouldn't watch it again. Ever. 

A movie I'd recommend would be A Boy and His Dog. It focuses on a teen and is dog living in a post-nuke America.

Now on to your movie. If it contains any time travel at all I'll strangle a puppy to death in front of a small child.  

@

This was one of the best movies I have ever seen. And that ending, it was glorious. Glorious! Heck, any movie with a bunker full of crazy clown people is a winner in my book. You sir, deserve a prize...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JX-vfxP1o8

Apocalypto, watch it. watch it right now, get on netflix and watch it. It's about the decline Maya civilization.  The Black Death. With sean bean. Now that movie, not action packed but it was good. It's about a young priest and a group of knights going to investigate a village that has rumors of bringing people back to life.

Sorry, somehow I skipped you! I'll be watching your movies next! Well, not Limitless, as I have already seen that one, but I'll be watching the other two!

Edited by Stormgiggle

Gah! Time Travel shenanigans! And speed force!? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! But despite all that nonsense, I enjoyed the movie anyway.  I somehow barely managed to maintain my suspension of disbelief long enough to enjoy the thrilling action, compelling characters, and splendid animation. But I wouldn't watch it again. Eve

Glad you enjoyed it, well most of it. I got a lot more where that came from (and plenty with no time shenanigans!). But you seem to be backed up on request at the moment. :P

One underrated sci-fi film I'd recommend is StarGate. I mean, yeah, it's not the best thing out there, but I think it has a certain charm many other sci-fi films lack. Plus, I felt the characterization was good, and I liked the Egyptian influences; even though they weren't all THAt integral to the plot.

As for a fantasy recommendation, it's not the best out there (that goes to Lords of the Rings trilogy), but give Dragonheart a try. This was my favorite movie for a LONG time before LotR and others came into my life.

Apocalypto

This movie was hilarious! :lol:  Easily one of the better comedies I have seen!

The Black Death

Ugh, that movie was just depressing. Normally I enjoy torture, but the way that the people screamed it sounded like they had just stubbed their toe. >_>  And that ending was just so... meh. I give this movie a  :wat: out of ten.

Try Metropolis. It's a silent film, but it's still regarded as among the first of the great science fiction works.

Alright I'll go check out your movie next. 

@

I liked it. :)  The music was good, and the plot was engaging and suspenseful. 

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) Drama. Starring Jack Nicholson   Blade Runner (1982) Neo-noir dystopian science fiction. Starring Harrison Ford    Unforgiven (1992) Western. Starring Clint Eastwood

Onto the next movies!

• Brohoof 1

i have no idea if someone already recommended these... but

Les miserables -cryed for 3 hours....

National Treasure 

(p.s i see you have already seen the incredibles :D its awesome, one of my favorites)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) Drama. Starring Jack Nicholson

I really, really liked this movie. It had very strong, compelling characters! But are you sure it's a drama? I thought it was really funny!

Blade Runner (1982) Neo-noir dystopian science fiction. Starring Harrison Ford 

Another good movie! The story was excellent and I especially liked the dark atmosphere of the film.

Unforgiven (1992) Western. Starring Clint Eastwood

It was okay. I've never really enjoyed westerns all that much, so from me, okay is high praise. 

@@LZRD WZRD,

I'll be watching The Hunt and Gattaca next!

Edited by Stormgiggle

The Hunt - Awesome 2012 Danish film that's an absolute must watch imo

This... just isn't my type of movie. Sorry.

Gattaca - Sci-fi dystopian movie dealing with eugenics.

Turns out I've already watched this movie! In high school no less! From what I can remember, I thought it was pretty good

Goodfellas, Children Of Men, The Wall, Quadrophenia, Tommy

I believe you are next in line, yes? I'll be watching your movies now.

The World's End starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost which is a science fiction British comedy, if you've heard of Shaun of The Dead or Hot Fuzz it's the 3rd movie in the trilogy of those two.

All Dogs Go To Heaven which is a Don Bluth film, he also did Land Before Time and Secret of Nimh. I love this movie and watched it a lot growing up and I still watch it now.

Frozen which I know a lot of people find incredibly overrated, but I love watching it over and over, the songs are amazing and memorable, the characters are fantastic and relatable and I love the story and the animation.