Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Hooves or Ditzy Doo?

Eenohay

Dinky Doo is the name of Derpy's filly. Ditzy Doo is the alternative name. I personally refer to her as Derpy, but I have no problem with those who call her Ditzy.

We already have the same topic here. :)

Ok, so now when the threads are put together;

I always call her Derpy Hooves and I think that is the best name.

Of course, Derpy is her "official" name after they said it in an episode. But because that got taken out and they'll likely never say her name again, I think it could go either way. I prefer Derpy, myself. I think it rolls off the tongue better than Ditzy.

It was Derpy but they changed it after idiot soccermoms raging.

Well they never actually changed it, they just made her nameless, meaning she is called "Unnamed Grey Pegasus 14" which is a better name than Derpy or Ditzy :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Derpy's original name was Ditzy Doo but on the Flim and Flam episode you saw her in the background with her eyes messed up by accident from the makers. So they all decided to called her Derpy Hooves.

Derpy's original name was Ditzy Doo but on the Flim and Flam episode you saw her in the background with her eyes messed up by accident from the makers. So they all decided to called her Derpy Hooves.

I hope you know derpy has been derped since the first episode. Not Flim Flam only. She has been around longer then the CMC in fact!

I hope you know derpy has been derped since the first episode. Not Flim Flam only. She has been around longer then the CMC in fact!

Only 3 minutes longer though!

that's the only episode I've ever seen her derp, haha. usually she's fine in the other episodes. I need to pay attention more!
  • Brohoof 1

her official name is Ditzy Doo, but becouse of her "derp face" fans called her Derpy Hooves

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=52YcluhTsq0

Ditzy Doo =/= Derpy Hooves

As far as I care it's Derpy but I don't care what you call her. It's like the Eggman vs Robotnik debate it's just a nme the character will always stay the same [unless Hasbro censors it because a bunch of uptight soccer moms thought Derpy was "offensive"]

• Brohoof 1

Its both really.

Ditzy and Derpy are the same character, but used for different purposes.

Ditzy Doo is the character that we tend to use for more serious fanfics, art, and music, mostly as Dinky Doo's mother.

Derpy Hooves on the other hand, is our funny, quirky, haphazardous pony who we love to use in the less serious and more comical side of the fandom.

As for officialness, Amy Keating Rogers has used both names and a combination "Derpy Doo" for scripts, Hasbro Marketing Likes Derpy for good reasons.

In the end, it shouldn't matter, personally I like Ditzy "Derpy Hooves" Doo, this way, everyone is happy :)

I don't mind either name, though I personally prefer to call her Derpy just because that was the first name I heard and started using for her.

Amy Keating Rogers has used both names and a combination "Derpy Doo" for scripts

Well now that you mention it, I'm gonna start calling her Derpy Doo just because I like the sound of that better than Derpy Hooves.

It was changed from Ditzy Doo to Derpy as a shout out to bronies, but then some stuck up parents believed that the name was making fun of retarded kids and sent a bunch of hate mail to hasbro so they had no choice but to censor her. Sometimes people make me sick.

(edited)

Absolutely, one hundred percent Derpy Hooves or Derpy Doo. She's designed as aloof, clumsy, cute, and happy-go-lucky with the lazy eyes. While she's accident-prone, she intends to perform at her very best. These traits all fall and fit for Derpy. Ditzy Doo, on the other hand, just screams scatter-brained only, which is unfitting to her character.

If another character were named Ditzy Doo, then I'm okay with it. But for the wall-eyed mailmare, Derpy Hooves/Derpy Doo is a WAY better, cuter, and more fitting name than "Ditzy Doo."

Edited by Dark Qiviut

I read an article about it, they were going to name her ditzy doo but then someone found derpy on the internet and though it meant clumsy but most people thought it meant retarded so it might be changed back, Hahahah I dun know

In the show her name is never said, that I know of. So it could really be Ditzy or Derpy. Maybe they're thinking about switching it to Ditsy Doo so that they can bring Derpy back, since they had to get rid of her because it was "offensive" ?