Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introverts vs. Extroverts

Flutter

After watching the video.

I guess I can say that I am an extrovert.

But for sure I'm most likely not 100% cuz I don't believe that there are 100% extroverted ppl. well in my opinion I don't believe there is. so all criticism accepted ;P

Off-Topic:

And I think I should sleep, 01:27/1:27 AM

Completely introverted...I don't want to socialize in a shit society like today's, mostly because of my peers. If you don't "join their herd" you're worthless in their eyes. They also consider me to be retarded or something because sometimes one of them wants small talk with me but it's so obvious from their voice that they just want me to feel embarassed...They also know I'm into retro gaming and they think I'm a man child for playing Sonic or Megaman a lot. Typical mainstreamfaggotry.

I enjoy being alone because I'm even afraid of my mom judging me for the most insignificant things, like watching a friend's let's play of a game I used to play 10 years ago and I'm kind of special...not in a bad way, my personality is simply too different from the standard and I'd rather just hide it.

Edited by Zacharias
  • Brohoof 2

well i would say i'm an introvert, online i act drastically different from how i act outside... i try to avoid socializing because people laugh at me... maybe its the tophat... i guess i am well... "shy" but i never used the term because it sounds so cute and cuddly to the point of almost being vain in use, i'm just incredibly nervous... around people, but i think i'm also introverted as well...

I'm a mix of both. Throw me into a completely unknown situation with strange people and I'll clam-up tighter than a gnat's ass. Put me around my friends, though, and I'm very open. Even if I am around strange people, but if I am also with my friends, I am very open. I just take a lot of comfort in the familiar.

To be honest, being in a college and dorm-environment has helped me open up a lot, too. Being forced to live with a whole new group of people kinda forces you out of your shell. It especially helps that, in general, people are more mature and laid-back than high school.

Edited by StratoPegasus

Extrovert here, captain of the college swim team and generally friendly individual! I adore introverts as friends and my best of friends is a deep introvert as well. Though in terms of an actual relationship, I prefer other intelligent extroverts. I don't think that anybody believes there is something bad about introversion, it's just different and can be awkward at times.

But for sure I'm most likely not 100% cuz I don't believe that there are 100% extroverted ppl. well in my opinion I don't believe there is. so all criticism accepted ;P

The video even goes on to say that there isn't such thing as a 100% extrovert or a 100% introvert... although I know a married couple where 1 person is almost 100% extrovert and the other person is almost 100% introvert. lol. But somehow the cosmos agree with their relationship and they balance each other out.

At any rate, I consider myself to be a social introvert. I am the type of person who recharges alone, and does not mind spending Friday or Saturday nights sitting by my computer, or watching a TV show, or playing a video game, or reading a book. I recharge by being by myself, stimulating my mind by my own thoughts and the thoughts that I read on a regular basis.

I like to socialize, however, and I like to be with friends. If I spend too much time on my own, I get bored and jittery - I have saved up so much energy that I have an urge to spend it. And I spend that energy with people.

I was at a wedding last Friday. It was a wonderful wedding. I went by myself, but I knew several people there, and I got to meet a couple of other people at my table. It was a lot of fun. But it got to be around 9:30pm. The reception was nowhere near over, but none of my friends were on the dance floor, and I was feeling rather tired. At first I felt like leaving early wasn't going to be any fun, but then I thought, "Wait, you are very tired. You are an introvert, and your energy has been spent." So I bid my farewells to the bride and groom and I left. Already I could feel my energy replenishing as I was walking across the parking lot to my car.

I like people a lot. I just don't get my energy from hanging out with lots of people.

I for sure lean more towards introvert, when it comes to social situations, I don't say too much, neither am I always comfortable with them, now obviously I'm more comfortable in certain situations, but some, talking in front of a large group of people for example, really make me uncomfortable.

If I'm with a big group of people for a long period of time, I do get exhausted, and feel the need to go home and recharge alone, I cherish my alone time, it's my safe, happy place I guess you could say, I do crave company though, that being a natural part of being human, but for the most part, overall, I'm quite reserved, but if I'm around people i know well, I can be a whole different person.

I'm mostly introverted. If my friends and school didn't drive my out of my room, I'd probably be a full time hermit. I've had people be surprised to hear me say a few words quite often; one of them even told me they thought I might be mute. When they ask " why are you so quite?" my response is always "I just don't have anything to say". My phone call tend to be straight to the point cuz I can't stand small talk, which really annoys my parents.

One of the running jokes in the family is that I spent my entire freshman year sharing a dorm room and yet my roommate is a complete stranger. We both just kinda did our own thing.

Even when I'm alone, I'm never really lonely.

I was an introvert throughout elementary school and was pressured by society to become more extroverted. I don't know what I am now. I still prefer to be alone, but I can socialize well with strangers and take a lot of risks. Whenever I socialize with strangers though, it feels very fake and unappealing to me. 

I think of myself as a introvert at first because, in elementary school I didn't really get involved in most activities. Now I'm in high school, I'm starting to get the hang of being a extrovert.

I'm not sure... I think I'm probably a bit of a shy introvert. At lunch I like to talk with close friends then go to a quiet empty classroom and do my work. I used to DESPISE music (probably was severe over stimulation). I am told I'm a great listener and I love to think. At the same time I get anxious around others, so in all probability I probably have a bit of both introversion and shyness. Oh, I also have an extreme lack of confidence, so much so it's a problem so I have found I do need to be a bit more extroverted.  

No matter what the video says is possible, I am 100% introvert.  I have tried the real world and if I'm in the public for more than a couple of hours I get headaches and fatigue.

The video even goes on to say that there isn't such thing as a 100% extrovert or a 100% introvert... although I know a married couple where 1 person is almost 100% extrovert and the other person is almost 100% introvert. lol. But somehow the cosmos agree with their relationship and they balance each other out.

At any rate, I consider myself to be a social introvert. I am the type of person who recharges alone, and does not mind spending Friday or Saturday nights sitting by my computer, or watching a TV show, or playing a video game, or reading a book. I recharge by being by myself, stimulating my mind by my own thoughts and the thoughts that I read on a regular basis.

I like to socialize, however, and I like to be with friends. If I spend too much time on my own, I get bored and jittery - I have saved up so much energy that I have an urge to spend it. And I spend that energy with people.

I was at a wedding last Friday. It was a wonderful wedding. I went by myself, but I knew several people there, and I got to meet a couple of other people at my table. It was a lot of fun. But it got to be around 9:30pm. The reception was nowhere near over, but none of my friends were on the dance floor, and I was feeling rather tired. At first I felt like leaving early wasn't going to be any fun, but then I thought, "Wait, you are very tired. You are an introvert, and your energy has been spent." So I bid my farewells to the bride and groom and I left. Already I could feel my energy replenishing as I was walking across the parking lot to my car.

I like people a lot. I just don't get my energy from hanging out with lots of people.

It did? Cuz if it did, then i need to rewatch it with audio on and bass booster off cuz I never saw nor heard it say that =S

Or cuz it was late at night I had a little "energy leak"

100% Introvert. After spending some time with other people I need my time alone to charge my batteries. I don't really care about social interaction to be honest. I have very few friends and I'm fine with that. I can spend a long time without any kind of interaction with other people and feel completely OK.

• Brohoof 1

I would much, much rather be at home alone than almost anything else, but you don't get paid for being in a quiet place thinking.

The video is correct. It is an extrovert world out there. I have been between jobs before and not left my house for 4 months other than to get groceries. My friends came over to make sure I was OK. I just never liked going out and being social. If I'm going to go be social I'll go to a friends house with people I know or people they know. Small circles. 

100% Introvert. After spending some time with other people I need my time alone to charge my batteries. I don't really care about social interaction to be honest. I have very few friends and I'm fine with that. I can spend a long time without any kind of interaction with other people and feel completely OK.

Do you do that thing where you just assume that everything is OK with your friends and family and that if there is a problem they will call you? 

My family gets mad at me for not calling them and checking on them or saying hello.

I'm like... but you're adults.. I'm sure you can handle your life without me playing nanny. 

Edited by Plowplot
  • Brohoof 1

I am an introvert.. but most people would classify me as an extrovert if they didn't understand all that well . I have good enough social skills but I prefer to be alone. It gets annoying when people automatically assume I am an extrovert. When I express myself it is mostly through writing and drawing. I hope all of you have a nice day :).

Do you do that thing where you just assume that everything is OK with your friends and family and that if there is a problem they will call you?  

Basically, yes. I don't really feel need to check if everything is OK with my friends. As you said, if everything is fine, there's no reason to call them, if something's wrong, they'll call me. My mom hast exactly opposite attitude, so when I stay home alone for a few days she simply MUST call me at least 2 times per day. She cannot believe that I can survive a few days on my own. Kinda annoying, but cute at the same time. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm definitely an introvert, I prefer to listen to music by myself more than anything. I have a few friends but that's about it. Plus I f*cking hate parties. I don't care if they're with family members I still hate them. Then my aunt complains about me not talking.    

• 6 years later...

Extrovert here (ENFP). :kirin: I wouldn't say introverts are better than extroverts or vice versa...we're all special in our own ways. Also...I'm gonna share this cause it's true af...seeing as how the majority of my closest friends are introverts...

Spoiler

5s0gr1tw5zuy.jpg

Yes introverts. I will find you. And love you. 

I'm an outgoing introvert who is often mistaken for an extrovert. Probably because I have no filter and can't shut up to save my life. I'm loud and blunt and crazy but I get drained very easily by being social and desperately need my alone time. MBTI says I'm INFP but I'm not entirely sure I agree with it. :mlp_laugh:

My dog is my best friend too!!!

I've been an introvert for my whole life, though that's the way I am. Most social situations have zero appeal to me, so I avoid them like the plague.

Definitely introverted. I really don't care about social interactions all that much. I can talk to people without any difficulties and carry a conversation, I just don't usually want to. I prefer being alone, and I'd go insane if I couldn't take time away from other people. My girlfriend is an extrovert, so she tends to go out with friends while I stay at home, and that way we both have fun evenings.

I’m an extrovert when I have to be in public or around people; I like to be accessible. But when I don’t have to put on a smiling face I love my inverted existence, which is so peaceful by contrast. So a little of both for me.