Fighting is Magic is on Gamespot's front page!

Motion Spark

post-5888-0-02015800-1357366681_thumb.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/

When I first saw it, I think I just lost my breath for a second. I can't believe it! I think Gamespot, is the second largest videogame webpage after IGN, I'm not sure though. But of what I am very sure, is that this page is visited by millions and millions of gamers, and they should be seeing this on their front page!

MLP is gonna take all over the world guys! heed my words!

read the article: http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-most-unlikely-fighter-youve-never-heard-of-6402004/?tag=Topslot%3bMlpFightingIsMagic%3bTheMostUnlikelyFighter%3bReadMore

• Brohoof 13

signature_by_kyle23emma-d626v04.gif

My OC's: Motion Spark || Beat Spark || Rosebelle

Sorry, I don't take REQUESTS!

OMG wait.. Does this mean this is going to be a console thing? (well and of course PC to?) I wonder if this is going to be sold in stores..?

Well anyways. Thats pretty awesome regardless. The brony community has got quiet large :P. We're in the millions I'm pretty sure. So I bet this would sell like candy to children!

It also sounds like a pretty sweet game. Maybe I'll get a chance to pick it up.

But the developers should really be proud that it got on Gamespot, thats a serious deal there!

WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD! MUAHAHAHA... WE SHALL RAIN DOWN DEATH ON THE HATERS WITH THINE PARTY CANNONS! HUZZAH!!!!!!!!

But on a serious note the community is pretty fregin big :P.

• Brohoof 2

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

Nice. I haven't heard bubcus about Fighting is Magic since months back when they were finally working seriously on making Rainbow Dash fully playable as a character. It's great to see how much of an impact this is making. Of all the fan games, this one certainly deserves it the most.

• Brohoof 4

fSnYzne.png

That's awesome! Truly amazing.

It's kind of rare you see a story like this. Some inexperienced fans taking it to the next level -- and succeeding.

I wonder if the game will get on Steam? That would be epic. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I swear to Celestia if this thing comes out for the Nintendo DS I will freaking flip out. That would be the greatest DS game ever made... LICENSE THIS CRAP NINTENDO 

I swear to Celestia if this thing comes out for the Nintendo DS I will freaking flip out. That would be the greatest DS game ever made... LICENSE THIS CRAP NINTENDO 

• Brohoof 1

OMG wait.. Does this mean this is going to be a console thing? (well and of course PC to?) I wonder if this is going to be sold in stores..?

I don't mind if it for console or not, since I found out a way to play with my ps3 controller, but yeah, I would like to see it on consoles with their cover, ESRB rating and everything :D  (I'm sure this will be rated "T" haha!) 

oh! I would love to see this on handheld systms like the 3DS or the VITA.

Nice. I haven't heard bubcus about Fighting is Magic since months back when they were finally working seriously on making Rainbow Dash fully playable as a character. It's great to see how much of an impact this is making. Of all the fan games, this one certainly deserves it the most.

I've seen a lot of Rainbow Dash, no supers though. I've seen Fluttershy but only the animations, Angel will do all the attacks for her.

I saw this on Equestria Daily earlier, and it rocks! In the comments section there is some predictable hate but I saw a decent number praising the game as well, and showing interest in the show and the fandom.

It was great to get some insight on the development of the game, those guys are insanely talented and dedicated. They deserve this recognition.

I can't wait to try this thing out someday.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

How is this the first I'm hearing about this?  :blink:   Also surprised I actually sat and read the whole article. Game is looking pretty cool, I'm excited to see how this all turns out! 

Signature1RxTS_zps66b5061c.png

Wow, GameSpot is a pretty big gaming site. So considering Fighting is Magic is on the front page is a pretty big deal. I am so happy that MLP:FiM is becoming even more and more popular every day. This si great new for the growing Brony and Pegasister community. :)

H3XH8Tc.png

Signature by Gone ϟ Airbourne

Whut.

This may be the best thing ever.

Can't wait for this game to come out. And yays, attention! I think this fighter is going to be very good indeed.

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

My life is complete, I can die a happy pegasus now. :D

Seriously, not a day goes by where someone or something from the fandom doesn't blow me away. So much dedication and creativity. If we are taking over the world, I think we've earned it.

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

31ziw.gif

Follow me on Tumblr! http://stratosthestallion.tumblr.com

I never really had much interest in the game, but it's nice to see it on the cover on such a big site as Gamespot. Maybe this will lessen (or, unfortunately, fuel) the hatred towards the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Wow.Just...wow.

The things this community has managed to do is incredible.We got an official documentary,A My Little Dashie movie in the works,and now Fighting Is Magic is getting recognition from one of the biggest gaming websites.

I think we just got bragging rights for "Best Fandom In The Entire World" just now.

It'll most likely just stick to being on a PC platform. If it were to go to console I would expect Hasbro would have to step in and make some sort of business mumbo-jumbo happen before it can ever be on say the WiiU.

This isn't going anywhere on consoles anytime soon, guys. It's made on an engine that's Windows only and since I'm getting all sorts of issues running this thing on Wine I'm guessing it uses certain libraries that just won't be available on the Xbox, PS3, Wii, whatever.

The article itself was actually a good read, though. Pony or not, I love it when a good game gets attention. I love it even more when that game isn't your average triple a title that's overhyped due to large development teams and tons of advertising money.

Gonna be honest, don't take anything you see from me seriously on here. I don't go by the Lord Bababa username on anything anymore because of so many reasons including me being a jerk from time to time. This is the very condensed version of it but I'm not the same person now, I'm better. Not gonna post anymore on here so yeah.

Oh my God..  I remember this game when it was in its infancy and now its evolved into something big enough to be on gamespot.  Can't believe it.  :')

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I saw this and lost my mind! I also saw in a few screen caps that they are working on CMC! (You didn't hear this from me :ph34r:) But it looks like they are closing in on the ending.  Now with this publicity, bronies can finally obtain world domination!

eeyore_by_joshuawickett-d7otl2o.gif

This looks awesome I can't wait to give it a go. The game play i saw might have just been a attacks demo for each of the characters but it looks like the game will be one big Wombo Combo.

Speaking of Fighting is Magic, does anyone know approximately when it's going to be released? I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

They said like end of 2012 or something like that a long time ago, and look...

but they are working on Fluttershy (the last pony), so the release should be pretty soon. But haven't you played the leaked version of it. I don't recommend it, but it's just to get a "feel" of the game.

It'll most likely just stick to being on a PC platform. If it were to go to console I would expect Hasbro would have to step in and make some sort of business mumbo-jumbo happen before it can ever be on say the WiiU.

I will never lose my hopes for a console version, I think Hasbro will finally give in and license this game so they can be paid for their job and work harder and better on it.

Yeah I saw this and lost my mind! I also saw in a few screen caps that they are working on CMC! (You didn't hear this from me :ph34r:) But it looks like they are closing in on the ending.  Now with this publicity, bronies can finally obtain world domination!

these screen caps were one of the first prototypes they've worked on XD

I just really hope it comes out and gets a release, it would be epic! Here is hoping for a 3DS release. Heck even a tablet edition would be nice.

YAY! I really aim for a 3DS release :3

For legal reasons, any game based on MLP and not officially sanctioned by Hasbro cannot be released on any platform other than Windows (Well, technically also Mac or Linux if you're willing to do all the work over again to reach a much smaller audience...) and the site's FAQ explicitly states that there are no plans for release outside of Windows.

I personally would love a Vita release though.

This space intentionally left blank.

For legal reasons, any game based on MLP and not officially sanctioned by Hasbro cannot be released on any platform other than Windows (Well, technically also Mac or Linux if you're willing to do all the work over again to reach a much smaller audience...) and the site's FAQ explicitly states that there are no plans for release outside of Windows.

I personally would love a Vita release though.

what does that means? is there a law that says that "fanmade" content can only be distributed on windows but not any videogame console? that's quite ridiculous.

if no one develop for videogame console it's because each one has their own firmware (and they would have to hack each console to play the game because if the dared to make an official release they would need a shiton of permissions! D8 and pay stuff of course), it's MUCH easier to develop for PC.

Anyways, the chances of being turn out by Hasbro are the same no matter on which platform they develop.

Developing for a game console requires either paying a ton of money directly to the console manufacturer to get a non-conditional license, or more commonly a detailed profit-sharing contract with the console owner which by definition requires the game having PROFIT. Oftentimes both are required, i.e. purchase of specific software required to make a game compatible with the console's hardware as well as having the manufacturer demand profit.

Tablets and smartphones are slightly different, but their app stores have specific portions of their ToS that forbid copyrighted materials from upload, and do not allow installation through any other means. They may also require some kind of monetary compensation, but I have seen completely free apps without microtransactions or advertisements so it's possible there's a way to publish without making profit or having a very large budget.

Beyond that, like you mentioned, putting a game on platforms other than Windows requires a ton of extra work even beyond the money issue.

This space intentionally left blank.

I never really had much interest in the game

post-4006-0-21621400-1357719836.png

Maybe this will lessen (or, unfortunately, fuel) the hatred towards the fandom.

Both. Narrow-minded people who let themselves be the proverbial bitches of society's stereotypes will continue to call us fat guys who live in our mother's basements, and how this game is nothing but crap. However, people who aren't retarded will look at this, and make comments on how dedicated and talented a fandom has to be to make something like this, and have it become this big. For example, this is from the page's article itself, a very cool piece of input from a father:

I will tell you someone who would want to play this.... A gamer who loves fighting games and is now a father to two young girls who love the source material. This will be something they will enjoy and if the game is coming along as well as gamespot is saying then I'm sure I will enjoy playing it with my children. Thank you MANE6!!! Keep up the great work.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

fSnYzne.png