Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jumping Pinkie pie statue :3

thegoodhen

Hey guys... I got some polymer clay for birthday. So I made this Pinkie.

mqGVh.png

sajht.png

Before I added the stand from cheap clay and old ballpoint pen... The baloons don't have the right color, but I couldn't mix two clays right... :(

wy6wy.png

• Brohoof 21

Awesome :DD The mane and tail is just right, the ears look a bit pointy on some photo's but I think that's just the perspective, body proportions are good, and although not color-correct, the CM looks good too.

• Brohoof 1

This is really good, you got the mane and tail spot on, and that is hard for pinkie pie, 

?just some 100 character limit filler text

Thank you! :3 I realised it's better to approach Pinkies mane as a 2D object, more or less. That way you can achieve far better results! :3

img-1054785-1-surprised-rainbow-face.jpg

Amazing.

Aside from the discolored cutie mark, everything is spot on. I like how you used a humble pen as the base for this.

Pretty good! I'm not just saying that because it's Pinkeh either...

Thank you very much!

I like it. Not too bad. It looks like a long time making that.You did a really good job. Bravo,bravo! How much is the clay? I wanna try making one.

I don't know, some 3 to 5 bucks, probably. Thank you very much! You can buy cheaper one too, but it only comes in white or weird colors and it's harder to work with. She took a hour or two to complete.

Oh man, I have a half sculpted Pinkie Pie figurine from... A long time ago. You went slightly simpler than what I was doing, but you also did a WAY better job. You have my respect!!!!

To be honest, I made a really bad Pinkie a while ago. It wasn't entirely my fault tho. I tried to put a color inside the clay and it made it really uneasy to work with. I also rushed it... Thank you! :3

• Brohoof 1

@@thegoodhen

What you said about making the tail 2D is totally true. When I attempted it, I was able to make the mane 3D (took a lot of work!) and the tail... Just wasn't happening. XD So now she sits in a drawer unfinished. ):

Well, the original is basically 2d, so making it 2d, maybe just a bit thick is a way to go. You can also go with making it a bit "balooney". :D

I have already seen it but, do want! It's awesome xD

I wish I had a Pinkie toy ^^

Great job mate. And again, the light blue balloons are not black :P

• Brohoof 1

THIS IS... THE MOST... AWESOME THING!!!

THERE ARE NO WORDS!

Ahem... Anyways this is really fregin awesome thought, I actually have no idea what polymer clay is, but I'll probably look it up later :P Regardless I know its clay in some form, and I haven't seen much Clay ponies so this is a nice new change to see :D.

Of course the cutie mark is a bit messed up, but I understand you couldn't get the right colors. Regardless it looks wonderful :D Her mane and body and everything are perfect! And she looks so happy :D.

Plus molding that into clay must've taken quiet a bit of work, and time! So kudos to you for a job well done!

• Brohoof 1

I have already seen it but, do want! It's awesome xD

I wish I had a Pinkie toy ^^

Great job mate. And again, the light blue balloons are not black :P

Thanks! :3 Too bad there is a post toll. The price... (Dramatic look) would be... way too high.

Very creative! good job :)

Altough her cutie mark looks a bit werid and her ears are a tiny miny bit to pointy the rest is absolutely wonderful

Thanks. I just realised you are correct about the ears, I made then too pointy. And yeah, I know about the cutie mark.

THIS IS... THE MOST... AWESOME THING!!!

THERE ARE NO WORDS!

Ahem... Anyways this is really fregin awesome thought, I actually have no idea what polymer clay is, but I'll probably look it up later :P Regardless I know its clay in some form, and I haven't seen much Clay ponies so this is a nice new change to see :D.

Of course the cutie mark is a bit messed up, but I understand you couldn't get the right colors. Regardless it looks wonderful :D Her mane and body and everything are perfect! And she looks so happy :D.

Plus molding that into clay must've taken quiet a bit of work, and time! So kudos to you for a job well done!

It acts like a regular clay, but once you bake it, it changes into plastic. It's an  awesome material. It also doesn't smell and doesn't leave fat marks like regular clay does. Thank you!

Very nice! I find making ponies into a 3D model is very hard. The proportions given on the show don't match up at all. I like how you did this though!

It is a real challenge, I can agree with that. That's why I went with keeping it basically 2D, just... inflated. :D Thank you! :3

• Brohoof 2

Damn, you did this with clay? This is amazing! I can't make anything out of clay. xD

That takes a lot of skill to make a spot on Pinkie.

• Brohoof 1

Damn, you did this with clay? This is amazing! I can't make anything out of clay. xD

That takes a lot of skill to make a spot on Pinkie.

It is a special bakeable clay. Working with it is easier than working with regular clay. But... It wasn't easy anyway. :D Thank you!

• Brohoof 1

It's the most.. amazing.. thing.. ever! The jumping Pinkie Pie statue looks so amazing especially made out of clay. So great work. :) Pinkie Pie is proud of you.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This is really super cute! I know two little girls -- my nieces -- that would absolutely drool over this statue if someone showed it to them.

Nice job! 

:3 Are your nieces pegasisters? Way to go! :3 Thank you!

This is gorgeous! It completely captured her character, you did a really wonderful job. The colours are really wonderful too!

Yay, thank you very much! Although the mane seems a bit  too red-ish, I don't honestly think it matters. And to her character-I found that making Pinkie in a typical standing pose wouldn't really do her just, that's why I decided for this pose.

Wow, this is very good, and really adorable, it must not be easy making a pony model, but you pulled it off nicely, a very great job! :)

Thank you! It is not that hard once you get a hang of it, plus I decided to make her mane flat, so it was easier!

It's the most.. amazing.. thing.. ever! The jumping Pinkie Pie statue looks so amazing especially made out of clay. So great work. :) Pinkie Pie is proud of you.

Yay, Pinkie is proud!  :wub:  Well, it is a polymer clay-a PVC based thingy with resin that evaporates upon baking-not that hard to work with as regular clayis. Thank you! :3

Wow. This. Is. AWESOME.

If I could barf rainbows, I'd be doing so right now.

Anyways, I noticed the legs are a little oval-y. It's nothing that kills it though.

• 3 months later...

So very cute! The statues that people make tend to be some of my favorite and you did a really great job.

I would totally pay for something like this. biggrin.png

I don't really think you particularly will really buy it from me, but...

For everypony that might be interested:

I am now doing commissions, just sayin! :3

http://mlpforums.com/topic/61483-polymer-clay-pony-sculptures/

i want it. i need it. I REALLY LIKE HER MANEwub.png !! really i love it amazing work, but one question. what did you use to make it? like what material or toolshuh.png ? please replywink.png