You mad, Rarity lovers?

Beat Shock

Hey guess what?

MOAR BEAT SHOCK X RARITY SHIPPING!!!!!

I know this is my second topic today, but I had too much time on my hands (over 7 hours) so I made this.  :wub: 

post-6208-0-71763900-1357886068_thumb.png

I was bummed out when I heard there was going to be no Rarity episodes in season 3, so I just had to cheer myself up!

(Btw, my best vector EVER)

• Brohoof 17

Too bad Rarity is worst pony to begin with.

Nahhhh,just messin' with ya.The vector is actually really good and well-done.The only odd part would be how your OC's cutie mark looks unnatural,but other than that,it's very well-done.

• Brohoof 2

Dayum... fine execution... spot on vectoring... cuteness level at maximum... whoa, that's really cool that's your OC huh? It came out freakin' amazing, and first time? Whoa I can hardly believe it but if it is, it is :) Very nice, I'd say flawless :3

• Brohoof 1

Rarity doesnt seem like the pony to extend a hug or anything to a stallion. Dont get the wrong idea now im just saying she seems a little to int herself. but this makes her look completly different. she seems like a pony that everyone would want in their arms good jyob

I'm not mad if that was your true intention.

In fact, if you permit me, I want to point out a few flaws. (I was about to do it anyways even without your permission)

your OC's cute mark seems like it doesn't belong into the picture, perhaps the gradients colors are too different, and it is not applied correctly. In fact, I think I've never seen a cutie mark with so much gradient.

The fore hoof that it's touching Rarity's butt, is incomplete, where is the beginning of it?  :huh:

overall is a pretty good vector. It has to be very easy to trace one of "Wonderbolts Academy" scenes, and use Thunderlane's body as a base. Very good  :wacko:

(Btw, my best vector EVER)

PFFFFT! keep dreaming, actually your christmas vector, in which I didn't comment was much better compared to this one. 

I'm not mad if that was your true intention.

In fact, if you permit me, I want to point out a few flaws. (I was about to do it anyways even without your permission)

your OC's cute mark seems like it doesn't belong into the picture, perhaps the gradients colors are too different, and it is not applied correctly. In fact, I think I've never seen a cutie mark with so much gradient.

The fore hoof that it's touching Rarity's butt, is incomplete, where is the beginning of it?  :huh:

overall is a pretty good vector. It has to be very easy to trace one of "Wonderbolts Academy" scenes, and use Thunderlane's body as a base. Very good  :wacko:

PFFFFT! keep dreaming, actually your christmas vector, in which I didn't comment was much better compared to this one. 

IN your last statement, are you saying that he traced the image? I don't know, your entire comment just seems like you're trying to intentionally come off harsh. Even if the image was traced, the vectoring is amazing...Good job!

Edited by Obsidian_Winter
  • Brohoof 2

@@Motion Spark,

i sense a hint of Jealousy...... I know you and Beat Spark have this battle for Rarity's love going on, but still all you rely need to do was just criteek 

moving on i'll continue from the flaws Motion Spark pointed out already

the lines for the wings are way to thick and I've noticed this inconsistency with most of you other vectors too

same issue with the mane too.

also minus points for OC x mane six....... note this is something i always take marks off

overall you did a good job vectoring Rarity but you need to pay more attention to you own OC  

Edited by PonyEcho

moving on i'll continue from the flaws Motion Spark pointed out already the lines for the wings are way to thick and I've noticed this inconsistency with most of you other vectors too same issue with the mane too. also minus points for OC x mane six....... note this is something i always take marks off overall you did a good job vectoring Rarity but you need to pay more attention to you own OC

Yes, Rarity has become a lot easier to vector for me, but I just can't get my OC down. I have a lot of trouble piecing together the different poses of Beat Shock, because there aren't as many male-pony references out there (where there are literally thousands of mare vectors). Could you also tell me how I can improve upon these mistakes? :)

I knew shipping my OC with a mane 6 character would be frowned upon, but my love for Rarity is way more important than the approval of others. Plus points for me, I ship as I please, and haters gonna hate! B)

@@Motion Spark,

You're the reason why I can't sleep at night.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, Rarity has become a lot easier to vector for me, but I just can't get my OC down. I have a lot of trouble piecing together the different poses of Beat Shock, because there aren't as many male-pony references out there (where there are literally thousands of mare vectors). Could you also tell me how I can improve upon these mistakes? :)

I knew shipping my OC with a mane 6 character would be frowned upon, but my love for Rarity is way more important than the approval of others. Plus points for me, I ship as I please, and haters gonna hate! B)

@@Motion Spark,

You're the reason why I can't sleep at night.

well i'm going to flat out admit you are a better vector artist then me so i don't know what advice to give.

but there a trick i do when there ain't any good stallion templates and that is to simply take a mare and replace the head, unless your OC has a bulky build it's easy to make work and pull off.

also makes sure that the lines are all the same size so once you pick a stroke size stick to that one size.

also also you can check my DA for some examples.... i'm not in the vector club yet tho  

• Brohoof 2

yes I am mad indeed! HOW DARE YOU TO SHIP YOURSELF WITH MY PONY! :angry:

I've got to admit that it's a really nice vector though :)

I'll still keep an eye on you :ph34r:

Edited by Wildcard
  • Brohoof 1

Sigh...no Rarity for this season....but we have season 4, and all the rest of the seasons!!! :D

Anywho, love the drawing. Looks like it's actually from the show! Like how you incorporated your OC int this as well! He's lucky stallion to be able to hug Rarity like that. :P But good picture overall! Love it, looks like it's canon and from the show! 

well i'm going to flat out admit you are a better vector artist then me so i don't know what advice to give.

but there a trick i do when there ain't any good stallion templates and that is to simply take a mare and replace the head, unless your OC has a bulky build it's easy to make work and pull off.

also makes sure that the lines are all the same size so once you pick a stroke size stick to that one size.

also also you can check my DA for some examples.... i'm not in the vector club yet tho  

When I try to change the head of a mare's to make my OC's, it comes out very weird. Like it's not show-accurate at all, and it doesn't look anything like what I originally wanted. Also, the body proportions for a stallion's is too different from a mare's for me to convert. I guess I just don't have that skill. I will also try to focus more on my line thickness.

I admire your critiquing. I critique harshly even when I suck myself. I got this from my dad (don't know where he got it): "The best way to learn, is by teaching." When you tell others how they can improve, it clears your perspective on your own work, making you better. I should start paying more attention to your art threads, so then we can constantly critique each other to become vector experts! :wub:

I sent a request to the vector club a week ago and they haven't responded yet... I hope they saw it. :huh:

Sigh...no Rarity for this season....but we have season 4, and all the rest of the seasons!!! :D

Anywho, love the drawing. Looks like it's actually from the show! Like how you incorporated your OC int this as well! He's lucky stallion to be able to hug Rarity like that. :P But good picture overall! Love it, looks like it's canon and from the show! 

Oh boy, I thought more people would know...

ATTENTION EVERYPONY: This is a trace-over vector from MLP FiM Season 3: Ep. 7, just with my OC instead!

I am not that skilled... Here is the original picture I vectored from:

post-6208-0-52316800-1357948923_thumb.png

I seriously thought everyone would know what that came from. Sorry. <_<