Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DJ Pon-3 vs. Vın̈yl Scratch - Which name do you prefer?

TheTEChguy27

What do you call her?  

32 users have voted

1. 1. DJ Pon-3 or Vın̈yl Scratch?

• DJ Pon-3
    • Vın̈yl Scratch

DJ_Pon-3_square_no_watermark.png

A simple poll I thought about making a while ago. I've always called her Vinyl Scratch (I just like the name better), but I know most people call her DJ Pon-3. Which name do you prefer and why?

Also... am I the only one that noticed that her cutie mark, two eighth notes tied together, is drawn incorrectly? The vertical lines are supposed to be on the right side of the dots, not the left. (Like this: ?) This bugs me more than it should.  :P

(Sorry in advance if there's something wrong with this topic, it's the first one I've made on this site and I couldn't find a poll like this elsewhere when I searched.)

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl Scratch. It's just so much easier to say. Just compare it to DJ-Pon-3, it's really hard to say and a little annoying to spell, but Vinyl Scratch just rolls off the tongue easier

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro has chose DJ Pon 3.

once they used Vinyl scratch, but since then in all official merchandise and commericas it has been DJ Pon 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uJHMGZagAM

Tavi+and+Scratch+back.jpg

bc_nightmaremoon.jpg

Vinyl is simply a fan name that was passed around as DJ Pon 3 was...why people still use it is beyond me.

Edited by Skygunner

Vinyl is simply a fan name that was passed around as DJ Pon 3 was...why people still use it is beyond me.

Some people just prefer it more. It's not like we've always stuck with the official names, anyways. Take Time Turner, for example. Most of us just call him Doctor Whooves.

• Brohoof 1

I do prefer Vinyl Scratch though, since it is a real pony name like Pinkie Pie or Applejack. The way their usual names are made is always the same and nearly all ponies follow that rule. Some got their names changed during the creation like Trixie - she had a normal ponies name before, but I can't remember.

I like Vinyl Scratch it really fits the character of DJ Pon3 more. I don't mind DJ Pon3 as the name but, you know a DJ musician Pony is one of the best things Hasbro made.

Some people just prefer it more. It's not like we've always stuck with the official names, anyways. Take Time Turner, for example. Most of us just call him Doctor Whooves.

Some people also think the earth is flat...that doesn't make it so.

Just like wishing her eyes are any colour other than the off magenta,   people may think what they wish,  but official cannon is established.

Some people also think the earth is flat...that doesn't make it so.

I'm sorry, but... what does that have to do with anything?

I was just saying that some people like calling certain ponies by their unofficial names. Nothing wrong with that.

Vinyl Scratch sounds better to me, but if DJ Pon-3 has been chosen by Hasbro, then I will use DJ-Pon3.  It is Hasbro's decision after all. 

Both names are cool, though.  

<<<< wubuwubuwubwub Check that DP

I like Vinyl Scratch but I've always called her DJ P0N3. It looks cooler typed out too so thats prolly why I've always used it. Its like she has an actual name and then her DJ name, like most DJ's (including me)

Oh and I also noticed how her cuite mark is backwards. The first time I saw her it bothered me a little. Now I've just come to cope with it

Vinyl Scratch as it is easier to say, Dj-pon3 is her stage name.  At least that's what I think, so yes I do like Vinyl Scratch WAY more then the other.

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl Scratch is probably her actual name, while DJ Pon3 is probably her stage name. Hasbro picked DJ Pon3, but I prefer Vinyl Scratch.

I honestly like Vinyl Scratch better. That just sounds more like a pony name. DJ-pon3 doesn't sound Equestrian at all, in my opinion.

Might I ask why there's an umlaut atop the N?  It makes me think that it's pronounced "Vin (as in Vinnie)-yill" XD

Anyways, Vinyl Scratch sounds like a pony name, is easier to say, yadda yadda.

Also, to anyone who asked, Trixie's original name was Lulamoon.

DJ Pon-3 (pronounced Po-nee for those who want to say it correctly), is more of a stage name like Deadmau5. Vinyl Scratch is more suitable because us Bronies and Pegasisters come up with creative names for background characters (and easy to get remember). 

Might I ask why there's an umlaut atop the N?  It makes me think that it's pronounced "Vin (as in Vinnie)-yill" XD

Apparently that's just how it's spelled, according to the MLP Wiki. I don't usually spell it with the umlaut, I just used it for the topic to stay relatively accurate.

I really dont prefer one over the other because she has a birth name and a stage name. i dont really consider Vinyl Scratch to be her fan given name, but her real name. DJ Pon-3 is her alias that she would use while performing or doing PR work.

since we're on the topic of DJ Scratchy Vinyl-3:

img-1089163-1-something_fishy_by_thejour

Edited by sks_burns
  • Brohoof 1