Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come Cartoon Network doesn't have MLP

TheMarkz0ne

This is something I am just curious about. Lauren Faust did Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and her husband did the Powerpuff Girls. I also believe some people from MLP were behind Samurai Jack. So how come Cartoon Network didn't get the rights to air it. CN sucks nowadays and MLP would be perfect along side Adventure Time and Regular Show. I don't think I have Hub. I have comcast and I can't find it anywhere. So I gotta rely on youtube. If you are aware youtube is making some big changes in february according to rumors. I'm hoping the episodes of MLP don't get removed for copyright reasons. Because I won't be able to finish season 3 or watch season 4 when that comes out. 

• Brohoof 4

2 reasons.

The first is that MLP is owned by Hasbro. Therefore they only put it on their channel because money.

The second is that CN is for teens mostly. While we teens watch MLP, it is still for little girls.

• Brohoof 2

Hasbro poured a ton of money into the HUB, and they want it to remain afloat. MLP:FiM is a global phenomenon. It's in Hasbro's best interest to keep ponies on their channel, and not throw them around onto other networks.

• Brohoof 1

CN sucks nowadays

Hasbro owning the show makes more sense. 

That ought to answer your question right there! I honestly do not know the real reason as to why it would not be aired on cartoon network. But I do know since cartoon network's decline after getting rid of old shows, it has not had that great of cartoon shows anymore. Adventure time & regular show being the exceptions *kudos for those shows*. 

This link here has some good info. 

http://www.themarysue.com/the-fall-of-cartoon-network/

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

This is something I am just curious about. Lauren Faust did Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and her husband did the Powerpuff Girls. I also believe some people from MLP were behind Samurai Jack. So how come Cartoon Network didn't get the rights to air it. CN sucks nowadays and MLP would be perfect along side Adventure Time and Regular Show. I don't think I have Hub. I have comcast and I can't find it anywhere. So I gotta rely on youtube. If you are aware youtube is making some big changes in february according to rumors. I'm hoping the episodes of MLP don't get removed for copyright reasons. Because I won't be able to finish season 3 or watch season 4 when that comes out. 

Yes, I believe Rob Renzetti worked on Fosters as well as a couple of episodes of Samurai Jack. 

As to why Hasbro doesn't put it on Cartoon Network, they maybe under contract with The Hub.  After the 65th episode (S3 finale) airs, that could potentially change.  The contract could come up for re-negotiation where Hasbro places it on CN, but The Hub gets the new episode.  Personally, I would like to see CN finance some of the episodes with Hasbro so they don't get a lot of say so with the show, however, playing devil's advocate, I think CN could really butcher the show if not careful.  Not to mention CN might find it too girly.  Though with the brony fandom, that may not be the case.

Another problem with CN getting MLPFIM, they are super strict, and I could easily see them putting a cold steely bootheel up our fandom by ordering C&Ds everywhere, including sites like Derpibooru and Fimfic.  They could even issue C&Ds to people making pony merchandise such as sculptures, original pieces, and the like. 

Edited by Genepool
  • Brohoof 1

Because then CN will get all of the credit and nopony shall watch the hub and basiclly its so they can be a jerk and say they own it, and don't pay another channel to air it.

And CN is horrible nowadays...the old days it was great.

Edited by Shift the Third

I remember back in the 90's when Cartoon network was for us kids when it was awesome. It had prime time cartoon schedules, most of the awesome cartoons back then & when have moved to boomerang. Now-a-days when I look at cartoon network they have too much adult humor now. They lost their hype when they started airing the "Newer" cartoons for new generation. Which... most suck.

I'm glad the hub has MLP along with some of their other awesome shows, because they are actually good! I enjoy watching the hub, until the cartoons stop. xD I guess I still have a bit of a child side after all. x3

Since MLP:FiM is Hasbro's biggest money-maker,I would assume they would want to keep it on their personal channel as the only channel to be able to watch it on.Otherwise,they'd lose money if others could watch it on CN.

Not like anybody would,since CN is shit nowadays instead of being the shit...

Maine reason is that it's owned by Habro

Honestly if this was the 90's this would be a cartoon network show. Seriously I the potential in this series is good that it could pass as a Cartoon Network cartoon. I can see myself waitin for Cartoon Cartoon Fridays to see the newest MLP: FIM episode.

But alas things are not as they seem. CN has gone down in quality. The new cartoons are mostly teen targeted and that is the problem. The reason we see so many teen targeted cartoons is that the CN network wants to keep the people that watched the network(in other words us) in its prime, to continue to watch the network. They have completely ignored the target audience.

Look it's not our network anymore.

It's time for CN to forget about us and stick to the real target, the kids. If they make more shows that are targetred towards kids, which is how it should be done Becaus that's how they did it in the glory days, then I could see CN going back to its glory days. The most memorable cartoons were those we grew up with that were targeted towards kids. If they go back to the target audience then mabye it will go back to its popularity.

By the way:

I call it CN now because that's what it is. Cartoon Network is the name that I give when I talk about the glory days, not the present.

CN- present

Cartoon Network- past

Well internationally some Cartoon Network stations have MLP in their line-up, but that's due to Hasbro not having a large distribution network outside the US. Simplest way to put it would be by saying, why would they share their own property when they have the means to air the show themselves.

So why even bring Cartoon Network into the matter? or would you prefer if Disney got their hands on it.

It all comes down to basic money management. Why give other people your product to sell when you could sell it yourself? 

The show will not leave the HUB (at least while the show is running)

Yup, the Hub is owned by Hasbro and most of the first run programming on it is based on Hasbro products including MLP, Transformers, GI Joe, and Littlest Pet Shop.

Is the word Hub an acronym for anything?  The meaning of the H is as plain as day but I have no clue what U or B stand for. 

Wild guess:  Hasbro Unlimited Broadcasting?