Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

make more notifications room

chattydash

so what i would like to know if it is a good idea to increase the number of notifications to 1000 (20 pages) insted of 500 (10 pages) because i have somany friends and i have not got enoth time to always go on a pc because i have not got one to increas it so i do not miss any important notifications because it always gets filled with staus up dates when i am waiting for a reply on a topic or status i like reading the statuses so if this happens it will make things easyer so what do all you other ponys think about this idea is it doable and is it good leave a comment below

I definitely haven't had this problem. But then again, maybe I'm just pathetic and lonely and I don't even realize it.

no you are not i just added everypony i mean everypony check my friends out 24 pages and you are an amazing RPer i am in a RP you are in talk to me i might not reply i am going soon but you are not prefetic

no you are not i just added everypony i mean everypony check my friends out 24 pages and you are an amazing RPer i am in a RP you are in talk to me i might not reply i am going soon but you are not prefetic

I was joking, but whatever you say. I don't have many friends because I never add anyone myself. I let them add me if they really want to. After all, being friends on this site doesn't really mean anything anyway. Oh, and I have to go soon too, otherwise I might talk to you in the RP.

• Brohoof 1

i just added everypony i mean everypony check my friends out 24 pages

Honestly, I very much doubt that many people that use the friends list as it was actually intended have any sort of issue with the notification ceiling as a result of status update notifications.

My advice would be to either disable status update notifications, or to defriend a couple dozen folks.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, I very much doubt that many people that use the friends list as it was actually intended have any sort of issue with the notification ceiling as a result of status update notifications.

My advice would be to either disable status update notifications, or to defriend a couple dozen folks.

If it were up to me (which it's totally not), I would allow members to potentially purchase more notification room, or to get more by either subscribing or donating. I mean, if there's someone willing to pay for it, why not?

My recommendation is to edit your notification settings so that you get less notifications. If you still get too many notifications after this, you should probably defriend everyone you don't talk to frequently. 

When I first joined a few days ago, I had my notifications set to notify me of absolutely everything. Ever. I quickly found out that this got me a lot of notifications that I didn't need, so I severely edited my notification settings, so that now I only receive notifications for things that I truly want to be notified about. 

• Brohoof 3

i have edited them am i also like to see the status updates to keep me up to date but it is geting rediculass and i dont whant to defriend enyone sorry but there sould be a way i could choose whos updates i see and whos i dont

The only problem I have is that my notifications sometimes gets bugged on my phone. Sometimes, I get new messages or something but nothing pops out. Other times, after I have seen the notification, it wouldn't go away and... It tricks me. :'(

i have edited them am i also like to see the status updates to keep me up to date but it is geting rediculass and i dont whant to defriend enyone sorry but there sould be a way i could choose whos updates i see and whos i dont

Given that you apparently have a massive portion of the forum on your friends list, you could always watch the global status feed, that way youll continue to see everyone's status updates, but wont be getting spammed to death by it.

To be clear, you are using the friends feature in a way that it was not intended - there is no bug or glitch here, you're simply misusing a feature. It is not intended to house every forum member, just those that you personally know.

• Brohoof 7

Given that you apparently have a massive portion of the forum on your friends list, you could always watch the global status feed, that way youll continue to see everyone's status updates, but wont be getting spammed to death by it.

To be clear, you are using the friends feature in a way that it was not intended - there is no bug or glitch here, you're simply misusing a feature. It is not intended to house every forum member, just those that you personally know.

I didn't even know you could set it so you get notifs when a friend makes a status.

Shows how much I know.

Yeah, you sure added a lot of people, I didn't accept though, cause I didn't know ya'h at all xD

but you should just turn off the notifications of your friend's status updates :V

We could look into raising the notifications limit for subscribers and donors; however, I don't think 500 is a small number of notifications to go through by any stretch of the imagination.

Do you really take the time to read each and every notification when you get on MLP Forums and find 500 new ones waiting for you, chattydash?

• Brohoof 4

We could look into raising the notifications limit for subscribers and donors; however, I don't think 500 is a small number of notifications to go through by any stretch of the imagination.

Do you really take the time to read each and every notification when you get on MLP Forums and find 500 new ones waiting for you, chattydash?

yes i do when i have the time to but usely only the ones that are like a topic reply or something but i do like to stay updated

Why not just use email notifications instead?  If you have Gmail I assume that you can filter them based on what is on the subject line so that way you can see what is what if you have over 500 emails.

Why not just use email notifications instead?  If you have Gmail I assume that you can filter them based on what is on the subject line so that way you can see what is what if you have over 500 emails.

i dont have gmail i have a school email and i do i takes too long to sort through

i dont have gmail i have a school email and i do i takes too long to sort through

Unless there's a reason why you cannot create a separate email account for it (which I understand some users cannot create email accounts) you might see about sorting through that email by what options are available.  I don't know much about clients but I know Outlook has a search function.

Even with all of the free time I have that I spend on these forums I could never have the time to ever read through even 500 notifications.. o-o.

Seriously I have enough problems trying to keep up with all the threads in the forums :P. Not to mention keeping up with status updates.

I have my notifications only for things forum's related though, I don't really comment on status updates that often. I don't have the notification on anyways.

I honestly find it hard to imagine having the time to read all those notifications. not to mention getting them all.

I honestly just can't see the use in having that much, the most notifications I've ever had was like maybe 20. So I've only checked the list a couple times, much less having to go through pages of it.

I personally think you should just stick to a smaller group of friends or something. I just can't imagine how its possible to read all those status updates and stuff.

(edited)

@Zygen

Even with all of the free time I have that I spend on these forums I could never have the time to ever read through even 500 notifications.. o-o.

Seriously I have enough problems trying to keep up with all the threads in the forums :P. Not to mention keeping up with status updates.

I have my notifications only for things forum's related though, I don't really comment on status updates that often. I don't have the notification on anyways.

I honestly find it hard to imagine having the time to read all those notifications. not to mention getting them all.

I honestly just can't see the use in having that much, the most notifications I've ever had was like maybe 20. So I've only checked the list a couple times, much less having to go through pages of it.

I personally think you should just stick to a smaller group of friends or something. I just can't imagine how its possible to read all those status updates and stuff.

but that is like telling pinkie pie to only make 5 friends its not do able

but i dont read all of them some times but i like to stay up to date if there was a link to the status in the emails you recive and not notifications that would be easyer to do but there is no link so it is a treck to go and post a comment on the status argh but i have turned them off but it is annoying not haveing a link though maybe that is a good idea to do i dont know but yah  

Edited by chattydash

Honestly, I very much doubt that many people that use the friends list as it was actually intended have any sort of issue with the notification ceiling as a result of status update notifications. My advice would be to either disable status update notifications, or to defriend a couple dozen folks.

Wrongwrongwrongwrong

Haha nah you're a little bit right, but I cleaned my friendlist two months ago so I only kept the ones who actually are friends. But well, if I wait one day I get 90+ notifications :P

Though it's not an issue to me since I want to be notified for status updates. I mean who needs space for 500+ notifications anyways if you're not away from the forums for like.. A month. @OP, Wouldn't it be better to just turn off notifications for status updates then..?

Edited by Jokuc