Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

*snip*

I wonder how powerful Rarity's magic is? If she's able to carry a blowdryer, hairspray, comb, mascara, and... a 70s radio?

• Brohoof 4

GravityFallsWoohoo.png.8bfb708e32d561f4150e2aef97427b46.png.eb45811b969eaa40976f3651fb12cc8d.png
Sig by Sparklefan1234

I wonder how powerful Rarity's magic is? If she's able to carry a blowdryer, hairspray, comb, mascara, and... a 70s radio?

She is quite the multitasker if it comes to her work. :D She also seems to have quite the talent for transmutation and illusion.

Did i post that already...? :huh:

post-25189-0-59063300-1402671301_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I wrote one of my essays about that in a topic :D I'll dig it up...When I wake up :D

I'm gonna go back to sleep for now, since my morning slumber was so rudely interrupted :okiedokielokie: I'll share that essay and some pictures when I awake, though :D

Well, I had to get up because I accidentally removed the customizations from my profile and I needed to rectify the situation, so I thought I'd just share what I had to say about Rarity's magic while I was at it :D

Personally, I always found Rarity to be more control-oriented with her magic than power-focused - and I believe that Rarity still has as much control as Twilight does with her magic at this point in time, and in previous seasons had even more control. I mean, look at this scene from "Suited for Success" when she was singing "Art of the Dress" :D

img-2728860-1-20121023020243!Rarity_uses

She's got an outstanding amount of control, since she can do all of that at once. Power isn't required to lift things as light as fabric and mannequins, but in order to lift all of them at once and have them spinning in a circle while she was singing without breaking a sweat displays deity like levels of control :D

So, no, in terms of raw power, I think Twilight will always have the upper hand ( :okiedokielokie: ) but in terms of control and skill, I don't think Rarity would have to work very hard in order to get to Twilight's level of those two aspects of her magic use - and that's implying she's not already there, and I believe she is. :D

• Brohoof 4

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

I wonder what Rarity is listening to on that radio...

The Smashing Pumpkins :D

I have this HUGE fascination with her being a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan :D I think they're a band she'd really enjoy, honestly.

• Brohoof 3

CpYKgl1.png

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

For Rarity's magic I mostly agree with Ghostie's take on it. It makes sense that Rarity's magic is naturally very dexterous, given that her work involves sewing, which demands a lot of very detailed work in a small amount of space. I think most unicorns who aren't Twilight will have magic that suits what they do.

• Brohoof 3

The Smashing Pumpkins :D

I have this HUGE fascination with her being a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan :D I think they're a band she'd really enjoy, honestly.

I never thought Rarity would be into rock music.

Red Rarispy strikes again!

513701cf3f574cc742fd79055d941822.jpg?137

• Brohoof 3

GravityFallsWoohoo.png.8bfb708e32d561f4150e2aef97427b46.png.eb45811b969eaa40976f3651fb12cc8d.png
Sig by Sparklefan1234

(edited)

I think Rarity can be into most music, that's typical for artist-types. I imagine her as enjoying soul/RnB most because it's sensuous and deep and rich.

Edited by Puerto Princessa
  • Brohoof 2

I never thought Rarity would be into rock music.

Red Rarispy strikes again!

*AC:BF leap-stabs from the high tower through Big Mac's Sandvich, then through face*

*Gives Rarity half the Sandvich* "Milady."

• Brohoof 2

"Time is just an illusionary factoid that all natural things are bound to. It has the power to crumble even the mightiest of mountains into little more than dust, yet if it is an illusion, why is this so? Because people waste a lot of time, only wishing they had more. Little do people realize an inescapable fact: Time governs those who wish they had more of it. By wishing you could use it better, you govern time, and you can get all the time you'll ever need." — Starfall, Quillwaver

(edited)

I think Rarity can be into most music, that's typical for artist-types. I imagine her as enjoying soul/RnB most because it's sensuous and deep and rich.

Are you ignoring new-age classical?

Edited by Asterian Starfall
  • Brohoof 2

"Time is just an illusionary factoid that all natural things are bound to. It has the power to crumble even the mightiest of mountains into little more than dust, yet if it is an illusion, why is this so? Because people waste a lot of time, only wishing they had more. Little do people realize an inescapable fact: Time governs those who wish they had more of it. By wishing you could use it better, you govern time, and you can get all the time you'll ever need." — Starfall, Quillwaver

Oh uh, hello...

img-2735243-1-910738eb59.png

Can I join the cult of the second fanciest mare? ^^

Of course. Everypony can as long as one respects the fabulous one! :D  Welcome to the team!

post-25189-0-89403000-1402572949.png
  • Brohoof 5

Oh uh, hello...

img-2735243-1-910738eb59.png

Can I join the cult of the second fanciest mare? ^^

As long as you never betray the fabulosity and as long as you show a bit of love for Applejack :3 you're welcome here :3
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Of course. Everypony can as long as one respects the fabulous one!  :D  Welcome to the team!

Really? Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

83833b8e09.png

As long as you never betray the fabulosity and as long as you show a bit of love for Applejack :3 you're welcome here :3

What if I secretly like Twilight more than Applejack, though? o:

Edited by Fleur De Lis
  • Brohoof 5

Really? Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

83833b8e09.png

What if I secretly like Twilight more than Applejack, though? o:

"Pour tout le monde" policy :D

As long as you can show appreciation for Rares, no matter where she lies on your list, you're welcome here :D 

• Brohoof 5

CpYKgl1.png

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies