Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

Is it just me or was Season 4 Rarity more "community minded". Generosity was about social trust and altruism which are relevant to community building, Filli Vanilli had her doing a pony quartet for the town, SW had her doing a town fair, IM had her doing work for another town fair.

Which is interesting in the context of the lesson from S&E: always remember you're a product of your community and friends.

Could this be an avenue of character development for her? It works with her character thematically as it would display a repudiation of the shallow view of nobility the Elites seemed to embody (being stuffy and a part of the in-crowd) and a focus more on noblesse oblige (which is what the nobility are supposed to do).

Not to mention it shows a focus on the kind of charity Audrey Hepburn (woman Rarity was based off of) was known for. 

Any thoughts on this?

Ohmygosh Ohmygosh Ohmygosh! Was Rarity really modeled after Audrey Hepburn?

post-26689-0-69647100-1409192062_thumb.jpg

I'm researching this right now!

• Brohoof 5

Cat poop stinks a lot worse, and it is harder to clean up.

We're off topic; but I disagree... Cats bury it and the litter covers the smell... Plus it's confined in a small area instead of a giant yard!

post-26689-0-46132900-1409193237_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

We're off topic; but I disagree... Cats bury it and the litter covers the smell... Plus it's confined in a small area instead of a giant yard!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

are we having a convo about cats? oh don't even get me started on the amazing lovable felines that enter into our homes and hearts...lol as you can tell I am a cat girl ;D

• Brohoof 5

are we having a convo about cats? oh don't even get me started on the amazing lovable felines that enter into our homes and hearts...lol as you can tell I am a cat girl ;D

Me too! As evidenced by the email address listed in my profile... Lol

• Brohoof 3

.lol as you can tell I am a cat girl

You walked right into this one.

post-25990-0-24281500-1409195204_thumb.jpg

I mean ... I could have gone neko But I like how this fits a Rarity pic that Ghost told me existed last week. :please:

But yeah ... I love the cats too. :D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think that it is fairly obvious in some cases ... yes. In others she feels like Vivian Leigh. She was definitely given that Golden Age of Hollywood vibe thanks to Tabby.

• Brohoof 5

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think that it is fairly obvious in some cases ... yes. In others she feels like Vivian Leigh. She was definitely given that Golden Age of Hollywood vibe thanks to Tabby.

Now that I think about it, it is pretty obvious! :D

My research shows it to be true if anyone cares, and...

This is officially the straw that broke the camel's back...

forgive me as I put on my Royal Canterlot Voice and scream to the world...

(if I was on my computer and not my phone I'd use large text on this too)

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Applejack, but

RARITY IS BEST PONY!

post-26689-0-36780300-1409196100.jpg

Edited by The JLmle
  • Brohoof 8

RARITY IS BEST PONY!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Dats a lot spoilers!

Don't you just love that after hundreds of pages that each of us keeps learning more about Rarity! I love that alabaster and purple Pony to death, and she still surprises me.

:D

• Brohoof 5

Dats a lot spoilers!

Don't you just love that after hundreds of pages that each of us keeps learning more about Rarity! I love that alabaster and purple Pony to death, and she still surprises me.

It may be a lot of spoilers; but wasn't it worth it to hear those 4 words from me? :D
  • Brohoof 5

It may be a lot of spoilers; but wasn't it worth it to hear those 4 words from me? :D

post-25990-0-41667400-1409199091.jpg

Yay ... Best Pony also means this

post-25990-0-72187000-1409199368_thumb.jpg

post-25990-0-57220500-1409199380_thumb.jpg

And something to make Obsidian and Ghostie laugh.

post-25990-0-30508300-1409199405_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 7

attachicon.gif3742442.jpg

Yay ... Best Pony also means this

attachicon.gifimg-2492204-1-6jb7.jpg

attachicon.gifimg-2471242-1-rarity_is_best_pony_wallpaper_by_mylittlewallpapers-d67u6hm.jpg

And something to make Obsidian and Ghostie laugh.

attachicon.gifhE8E3FB12.jpg

Speaking of Obsidian and Ghostie...

I can't wait to hear their reactions to the 6th spoiler (sounds like a bad movie, lol :smug: )

But it will have to wait on the morrow as it's hours past my bedtime...

Night night!

post-26689-0-15406000-1409199905_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

New Blog

http://mlpforums.com/blog/1599/entry-12974-nightmare-rarity-and-how-it-affects-raritys-character-on-the-whole/.

Kindly critique. It's easy to explain... and yet hard to explain. 

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Da. Faust said so when she visited /mlp/. You can find caps on Derpibooru. 

• Brohoof 5

It is scientifically proven that white unicorn mares with purple manes and gems on their flanks are fabulous the best of ponies. 

Translation: Rarity is the best pony. 

Forgive me for breaking haiku rules. It's a haiku about Rarity! 

Lady Rarity

Is the most beautiful mare

She is best pony

• Brohoof 6

I am really angry. My dog pooped on my Rarity shirt. Couldn't they have pooped somewhere else? I swore I closed my door, but I guess I didn't. I feel like it's my fault and I'm not worthy of being a Rarity fan if I will let my dog poop on a shirt of her.  :(

Sorry. I just wish that if they HAD to poop on a shirt, it was a short that wasn't new. Which is like every other shirt! My Rarity shirt is the only shirt I have that is not new. The other shirts are from second hand stores, or I had it for over a year. 

It's not your fault, and of course you are worthy of being a Rarity fan!

post-25189-0-91912800-1408725662.png

Rarity would not think bad of you for something that you don't really have any influence on, and as for the open door, that can happen to anyone!

Rarity would really like to help you to clean that shirt though. She would declare it a fashion emergency, clean it with utmost care, and it would be as good as new!post-25189-0-79425100-1406301242.png

post-25189-0-91980100-1408788224.png

"Oh darling! Did you just say im your best pony?... I have no words! Such generosity!"

A little joyful tear runs down Raritys alabaster cheeks.

"Thank you! Thank you so much! I wish i could do something to repay you for your kind words..."

Rarity is silent for a moment, her face displaying an adorable, thoughtful pout. 

post-25189-0-77506700-1404813660.png
Just as you were about to ask if everything is alright, her expression brightens and her full lips escapes a gleeful cheer.
post-25189-0-87797500-1403883963.png

"Wahaha!" The unicorns face turns red from embarassment. It seems like this expression of joy was a little bit too loud for the fashionistas taste.

post-25189-0-87520900-1404565236.png

"How about we go into my boutique and i make you something nice to wear, darling? I have so many great ideas! Maybe the skirt that my human doppelganger wore that you liked so much? (I think that i should make it a little bit shorter though...)

After that, we can go to the café for some cappuccino and tasty cake, and talk a little bit. What do you think darling?"

post-25189-0-96378800-1405630681.png

I think Rarity liked your confession, and i did too.post-25189-0-46513000-1405868575.png Liked it? I loved it! :pout:

Rares charms are just irresistible, arent they? :please:

• Brohoof 5

You're gonna hate this post... :blush:

RARITY IS BEST PONY!

img-3036543-1-attachicon.gifimage.jpg

:blink:

:huh:

I don't believe you. Are you sure?

I mean, I can't believe Applejack isn't your favorite pony anymore. Maybe you let the fan club influence you?

Is Rarity really your favorite pony now? I thought you were a huge Applejack fan, is it really the case when you re-watch the show?

Maybe I'm totally wrong. But I love the Rarity Fan Club so much that sometimes I think Rarity may become my favorite mane 6. It's the fan club where I've been on the most (RD Fan Club: 133 posts, Derpy Fan Club: 76 posts, Rarity Fan Club: 257 posts); same for you: (AJ Fan Club: 144 posts, Rarity Fan Club: 389 posts!) And I know that you were a big Applejack fan when you joined.

But I don't forget how much I loved Rainbow Dash the 1st time I watched the show. It's easy to forget that, especially during a hiatus.

Sorry, I just think it's strange to change of favorite character during a hiatus and not after a new episode/season... :blush:

I, for one, like a character only because of the show, and never because of the fandom.

If it's because of the show, you can ignore this post.

*run*

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 4

post-25189-0-67779800-1409222999_thumb.jpeg

The gorgeous ponies and their crazy flying machines!

I found it impressive that Rarity just picked up flying from these few plans that where mounted on that barn wall... Shows her intelligence again! She seems to have a talent for understanding complex instructions on a whim! Doesn't even seem to have been a challenge for her.

And she flew really well... at least until she was distracted...

Is there anything you cannot do Rarity? Apart from not looking gorgeous.

Does someone of you know Crimson Skies? Was a pretty old flying game with battle zeppelins and crazy biplanes! I loved that game!

There should a fanfic with Rarity as the robin hoodesque captain of an air pirate zeppelin, with biplanes and all. :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i23KRvtWLx8

Diesel-punk pirate Rarity! :pout:

• Brohoof 7

attachicon.gifmy-little-pony-mlp-art-Applejack-1472932.jpeg

The gorgeous ponies and their crazy flying machines!

I found it impressive that Rarity just picked up flying from these few plans that where mounted on that barn wall... Shows her intelligence again! She seems to have a talent for understanding complex instructions on a whim! Doesn't even seem to have been a challenge for her.

And she flew really well... at least until she was distracted...

Is there anything you cannot do Rarity? Apart from not looking gorgeous.

Does someone of you know Crimson Skies? Was a pretty old flying game with battle zeppelins and crazy biplanes! I loved that game!

There should a fanfic with Rarity as the robin hoodesque captain of an air pirate zeppelin, with biplanes and all. :confused:

Diesel-punk pirate Rarity! :pout:

That sign looks so vintage!! I LOVE vintage things <3

• Brohoof 5

You walked right into this one.

attachicon.gifrarity_catwoman_by_romaniz-d4lcuqp.jpg

I mean ... I could have gone neko But I like how this fits a Rarity pic that Ghost told me existed last week. :please:

But yeah ... I love the cats too. :D

lol I did walk into that one didn't I? ;) but I do enjoy catwoman and i'm looking forward to the new gotham show coming on fox this fall :D

Dats a lot spoilers!

you do learn a lot about rarity but i'm just looking so much forward to the new season and hopefully there will be eps featuring our fair and favorite pony :pout:

• Brohoof 6

you do learn a lot about rarity but i'm just looking so much forward to the new season and hopefully there will be eps featuring our fair and favorite pony :pout:

I hope so too! She was amazing in the season 4 :wub: I can't wait to see her in the season 5...

• Brohoof 4