Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Spoiler*Next Villains need to be OP as hay

100 beasts kaidou

Now that on the Good side is The Alicorn sisters. Discord. The crystal kingodom with Cadence and SA. And the elements of harmony. And now Twi is becoming a Bucking Alicorn. Honestly the next villains either need to have an Army of warriors that are as weak as the changelings were. Or be stronger than Two Alicorns combined.

• Brohoof 6

Then unleash all of Tartarus on Equestria.

Seriously. A Tartarus plotline could be a way to go considering how OP Equestria's defenses seems to be getting now.

I concur, bringing Tartarus into the show would be bad-ass, as well as another example of continuity.

Honestly, no, they don't. Just because Discord is pals with a Mane Six and isn't stoned anymore doesn't mean he's going to be helping them all the time. There's no point in having main characters if you just throw the super powerful spirit god in there. Same goes with Celestia, Luna and Cadence. They don't show up most of the time/stick around most of the time because the show is not about them, it's about the Mane Six. Celestia could have come in at any plot point during the show previously; Manticore, Hydra, Cockatrice, etc etc. and kicked ass, but she didn't, because she and by extension the writers, know that it's the Mane Six that have to overcome the obstacles, without overpowered help.

Just because you have nukes doesn't mean you flaunt them as a threat or use them willy nilly.

• Brohoof 3

I concur, bringing Taratarus into the show would be bad-ass, as well as another example of continuity.

Honestly, no, they don't. Just because Discord is pals with a Mane Six and isn't stoned anymore doesn't mean he's going to be helping them all the time. There's no point in having main characters if you just throw the super powerful spirit god in there. Same goes with Celestia, Luna and Cadence. They don't show up most of the time/stick around most of the time because the show is not about them, it's about the Mane Six. Celestia could have come in at any plot point during the show previously; Manticore, Hydra, Cockatrice, etc etc. and kicked ass, but she didn't, because she and by extension the writers, know that it's the Mane Six that have to overcome the obstacles, without overpowered help.

Just because you have nukes doesn't mean you flaunt them as a threat or use them willy nilly.

Unless you're North Korea, then you flaunt your nukes all willy nilly, even the nukes you don't have.

But honestly, no, they don't, There are plenty of creative ways to get a villain that's hard to beat. Say one that the Mane Six need something specific to fight (Nightmare Moon was an example) or one that can't be fought directly. There are ways they can make good villains that aren't OP or too easy to beat.

Ehhh, Equestria does seem to be way too OP. Seems like most of the time the ponies can just throw on the Elements and say "be gone with you" and everything's hunky-dory. Not sure how the whole Twilicorn thing will affect the balance. I hope to see some interesting villains...

I concur, bringing Taratarus into the show would be bad-ass, as well as another example of continuity.

Actually I've never thought of a possible plot that clears up why Discord is needed to basically make the need for him front and center. Nor  the involvement of the Alicorn Sisters and Cadence. I basically expect all of them responding, with the "nukes" just giving way or stalling for Twilight and her friends to get the job done. 

We can have a battle of the gods plotline and involve the "deities", but in the end I feel it should be the protagonists to be the only ones capable of  finishing the job.

Unless you're North Korea, then you flaunt your nukes all willy nilly, even the nukes you don't have.

But honestly, no, they don't, There are plenty of creative ways to get a villain that's hard to beat. Say one that the Mane Six need something specific to fight (Nightmare Moon was an example) or one that can't be fought directly. There are ways they can make good villains that aren't OP or too easy to beat.

I am just saying the next villains need to be stroger than the ones before. Like a Pegasus whos so fast that They can barely see it moving. Or An Alicorn That has all three of : 1) Sombra level magic. 2) Super speed with Wings. 3) Hulk muscles.

Just gonna say, an alliance of villains would be amazing. I would love to see an anti-mane 6.

I would like the next villian(s) to be more powerful. Even though the most recent have been pretty powerful (Trixie with the Amulet, mostly), I would like to see a bit more powerful.

The main villain doesn't necessarily need to be OP, they just need to be something that the Mane Six are the best set deal with it or where the Mane Six are there, but unable to get help. It could be something as simple as Spike being captured. It could be something like an Anti-Magic field cast over Equestria that suppressed everything but the Elements. It could be a situation where Celestia misjudges something and sends them out on a mission that ought to be easy, but is instead a death trap.

And the stakes don't have to be as high as all of Equestria. As long as something that the Mane Six care about deeply is under threat, that's enough.

I think a duo of villains, or maybe a villain from the Griffon kingdom, or maybe a Godzilla like monster in Manehatten (That could have very good references).  Villains will always come up, and I hope to see an alliance of villains inn the future.

The Smooze...

Actually I see your point, its getting to easy for them. I think it might be cool if there was a full-length movie or something along those lines, then the story would have a full 60 minutes or more to expand upon one epic villain that is a bigger challenge then all the earlier episodes. that could be a good idea actually... Excuse I have a fanfiction to write...

Edited by thesteampunkninja

I've been thinking about this too. A bunch of people have been complaining about Discord turning good, (and though i may be over-thinking the situation) he will probably serve an important role for (a) future episode(s), hopefully fighting against another antagonist. And with the Chrystal Empire now being ruled by Cadence and the soon to be Alicorn Twilight, i'm pretty sure there is something big in mind for the future of the show.

I might be getting my hopes up for nothing, but I'm really praying for a movie, (or something similar, like a 3-4 part episode instead of just 2)

Either way, as much as I hate the idea of Alicorn Twi, and thought the Discord reformation should have taken longer, I'm keeping my hopes up that it will be used for something much greater.

Why not have a giant invasion by all of the show's antagonists? Like the changelings invade an area, the griffons invade another, the diamond dogs take a spot in the action as well. But the twist is, that the whole invasions are actually part of a plot by a demon lord who is trapped in Tartarus, who is using the attacks in Equestria to distract the Princesses so he may escape from Tartarus?

I think it would be appropriate to save an OP villain for a possible movie. I personally want to see Chrysalis get revenge for what happened to her last time. She was so close to winning and some rinky dinky force filed just pushes her away.

I'd love a Venom / Hollow Ichigo type think with the dark magic corruption theory with Twilight. Like something negative manifesting in her, eventually coming loose as it's own villain. It would have to be less dark than Venom or Hollow Ichigo. This is about cartoon ponies. But Chrysalis is essentially a succubus parasite demon. That's a scary concept made cute. Writers can pull it off.

Anti-Mane 6. Bizarro Mane 6. Evil Clone Mane 6. Rule 63 Mane 6.

Seriously, it'd be epic if they had their own Elements of Disharmony, using the Power of Friendship for evil!

Elements of Disharmony: "I'm'a firin' mah layzah, BLAAAAA!!!"

But still, an evil Mane 6 that could also use the Elements would be seriously epic.

If you'll excuse me, I have a fanfic to go write.

I've always had the image in my mind that there is a Centaur kingdom bordering Equestria...and that they are a warrior-based people, like Sparta. How that'd hold up against the defenses you mentioned (and why they'd be attacking at all), I'm not sure.

It has to be something really new though because Princess Celestia can't just say "1001 years ago I beat this random monster with my sister using the Elements of Harmony/Crystal Heart and now it came back". Although I'd like it if King Sombra came back from the dead becoming even more powerful than before and being immune to the Crystal Heart. That would be a pretty cool villain, especially with Discord on our side it would be more entertaining for the older audiences. 

Sombra is going to make a return i freaking know it! At least, i hope he does. I know that behind that villain who said shit all and went down without a fight is an absolute boss just waiting to wreck Equestria. Somehow.....

But seriously, seeing as though the MLP universe is still very young they could almost make anything. I'd prefer a villain who is very physically strong. None of this magic crap which is every villain so far has relied on. A dragon perhaps? 

Sombra is going to make a return i freaking know it! At least, i hope he does. I know that behind that villain who said shit all and went down without a fight is an absolute boss just waiting to wreck Equestria. Somehow.....

But seriously, seeing as though the MLP universe is still very young they could almost make anything. I'd prefer a villain who is very physically strong. None of this magic crap which is every villain so far has relied on. A dragon perhaps? 

1) Sombra was taken down by the hearts of 10000 or something crystal ponies. While discord and NMN were taken down by the friendship of 6 Ponies and Chrystalis and his entire people were taken down by the love of two ponies. Pules Sombra is just a Unicorn and still got to godlike tier.

2) An Earth Pony or a Pegasus or a dragon villain would be awesome. I want to see someone get punched in the face badly