Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Preview & Info [Spoilers]

duidamasterXD

I personally hope that Zecora will be the new character to sing. I think it'd be really interesting and the context around the song could make for a good episode.

• Brohoof 1

It would be cool if zecora sang, but i personally doubt it will be her. She already has a few big parts in some episodes, thats why I also doubt it will be trixie. I could be wrong but i think it's going to be a pony that has rarely spoken before. Just my opinion.. I probably am going to be wrong. Whatever >,

Well have you ever thought of Rainbow Dash...she didn't have a full song only to her self...soooooooooooooooooooo whats it gonna be?

Oh man, you don't even know how much I'd love that. But McCarthy said that this would be the first time that this character sings on the show, and while she hasn't ever had a song to herself, Dashie has had parts of songs before. Still though, I wouldn't be surprised if Rainbow finally got herself a solo this season.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

well, heck, as long as I'm visiting the site, I might as well add what I've gathered, relating to potential S4 info and spoilers.

We know through insider sources that there was a contract dispute and eventual negotiation which was resolved in early January. This was rumored to force DHX to send some of the early scripts into the storyboarding phase BEFORE they were recorded in studio. It could have just been one script for all we know, but the rumor is still out there. The contract dispute was over the VA's ability to attend conventions which were strictly related to MLP. Hasbro was sick of spending the time and cash to look into the con staffers, and ensure the convention represented the brand well. In Dec-early Jan, Unicon had only 4 guests, but that list exploded in mid Jan, which seemed to be a clear indication that the negotiations to continue to allow VAs to attend the cons were successful, and the new contracts were signed. At Unicon, I actually asked Andrea about this at the celebrity dinner. Her hilarious response was "we aren't stupid".  The VAs love going to these cons, it's basically a paid vacation for them, and they get reated like a celebrity for 3 days at a time. So based on this, we can establish within a few weeks when they started voice recording.

On Jan 16th, Sibsy tweeted that she was starting work on her next job, which was MLP. On April 6th she revealed that up to that point she had boarded 402, 408, and 415, and that MLP boarders get 6 weeks to board episodes. So now we know that boarding started the 2nd week of Jan, perhaps maybe a week or so before voice recording, if the rumor about the boarding starting before the voice work is true.

Given all that above, we can now track approximately who will show up in what episode, based on when they tweet, or mention being in studio. At Unicon, John De Lancie (Discord) said he recorded lines for MLP "a few days ago". Well that would place his episode somewhere around 406-408.

A couple weeks ago, Ian Corlett said that Claire was singing for Sweetie Belle now. A few days later he tweeted to Brian Drummond that today was Claire's "big show". We also know Brian Drummond was in studio that day along with Maddy Peters (Scootaloo), Michelle Creber (AB), Claire (Sweetie Belle), Ashleigh (AJ/RD), Andrea (PP/FS), Tabitha (Rarity), and one other unidentified person, most likely Cathy Weseluck. The time period for that episode would place it somewhere around 417-421. My personal speculation is Sweetie had a song in that episode, and since it's coming towards the end of S4, maybe she or they will get their cutie marks?

Last week Ian Corlett hashtagged the bronies and said he was in studio with Sam Vincent and Scott McNeil, and that they'd done a song, though it's interesting to note that the song Scott recorded with Ian was "metel-esque". A metal Flim Flam song? Sam and Scott played the Flim Flam Bros, but we can't say for certain ithey're reprising their roles here, even though Michelle, Peter New, and Tabitha were also in studio. Andrea also mentioned what a great time she had at work. This falls between 418-422. Personal speculation again points to a Flim Flam episode, though the genre of song is a bit off for their characters.

Edited by EquestriaGuy
  • Brohoof 10

well, heck, as long as I'm visiting the site, I might as well add what I've gathered, relating to potential S4 info and spoilers.

We know through insider sources that there was a contract dispute and eventual negotiation which was resolved in early January. This was rumored to force DHX to send some of the early scripts into the storyboarding phase BEFORE they were recorded in studio. It could have just been one script for all we know, but the rumor is still out there. The contract dispute was over the VA's ability to attend conventions which were strictly related to MLP. Hasbro was sick of spending the time and cash to look into the con staffers, and ensure the convention represented the brand well. In Dec-early Jan, Unicon had only 4 guests, but that list exploded in mid Jan, which seemed to be a clear indication that the negotiations to continue to allow VAs to attend the cons were successful, and the new contracts were signed. At Unicon, I actually asked Andrea about this at the celebrity dinner. Her hilarious response was "we aren't stupid".  The VAs love going to these cons, it's basically a paid vacation for them, and they get reated like a celebrity for 3 days at a time. So based on this, we can establish within a few weeks when they started voice recording.

On Jan 16th, Sibsy tweeted that she was starting work on her next job, which was MLP. On April 6th she revealed that up to that point she had boarded 402, 408, and 415, and that MLP boarders get 6 weeks to board episodes. So now we know that boarding started the 2nd week of Jan, perhaps maybe a week or so before voice recording, if the rumor about the boarding starting before the voice work is true.

Given all that above, we can now track approximately who will show up in what episode, based on when they tweet, or mention being in studio. At Unicon, John De Lancie (Discord) said he recorded lines for MLP "a few days ago". Well that would place his episode somewhere around 406-408.

A couple weeks ago, Ian Corlett said that Claire was singing for Sweetie Belle now. A few days later he tweeted to Brian Drummond that today was Claire's "big show". We also know Brian Drummond was in studio that day along with Maddy Peters (Scootaloo), Michelle Creber (AB), Claire (Sweetie Belle), Ashleigh (AJ/RD), Andrea (PP/FS), Tabitha (Rarity), and one other unidentified person, most likely Cathy Weseluck. The time period for that episode would place it somewhere around 417-421. My personal speculation is Sweetie had a song in that episode, and since it's coming towards the end of S4, maybe she or they will get their cutie marks?

Last week Ian Corlett hashtagged the bronies and said he was in studio with Sam Vincent and Scott McNeil, and that they'd done a song, though it's interesting to note that the song Scott recorded with Ian was "metel-esque". A metal Flim Flam song? Sam and Scott played the Flim Flam Bros, but we can't say for certain ithey're reprising their roles here, even though Michelle, Peter New, and Tabitha were also in studio. Andrea also mentioned what a great time she had at work. This falls between 418-422. Personal speculation again points to a Flim Flam episode, though the genre of song is a bit off for their characters.

What a fantastic wall of info :D You're pretty sharp and observant, not to mention organized. I do hope you decide to stick around with us! John having lines is always happy news in my book :D Now if we can just have some more Scootalove to build off from SiP, I can die happy ;)

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out over the coming months, for sure.

• Brohoof 2

My only purpose in the fandom is to analyze information. Last season I correctly guessed that 303 would be a Pinkie episode, and I was off by 2 episodes for Discord's appearence. If I had known they would be willing to throw him in a random middle of the season episode, I might have nailed it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm starting to question if Sam and Scott were in studio for MLP. It could have been for something else. The timing seems a bit off, and theres a tweet which contradicts the idea that they were there for MLP. It's all so early, and based on such flimsy circumstantial evidence, that I could very easily have been wrong.

Oh, how I would love one of the CMC to get her cutie mark. It would lead to another dynamic I'd love the show to cover: will she continue to go on adventures with her friends, or do what she feels she's destined to do? How will she reconcile the two?

From what I heard, Discord is most likely going to be the one who will sing in S4. I believe the question was asked at Unicon with John De Lancie present. His response was "Just remember that you asked

unsure.png Scary Discord... Singing... FREAKYimg-387689-1-5e7kmu.png also I heard from a friend that (Im not sure if he is reliable) that in Season 4 that the CMC (Cutie Mark Crusaders) will get there marks. Anyone have a prediction?

img-1505849-1-unsure.png Scary Discord... Singing... FREAKYimg-1505849-2-img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png also I heard from a friend that (Im not sure if he is reliable) that in Season 4 that the CMC (Cutie Mark Crusaders) will get there marks. Anyone have a prediction?

Wait, all of them? If it is, it'd better not be all in the same episode. Or maybe...if something happens that causes them to get their marks at the same time, much like the Mane 6...

img-1505849-1-unsure.png Scary Discord... Singing... FREAKYimg-1505849-2-img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png also I heard from a friend that (Im not sure if he is reliable) that in Season 4 that the CMC (Cutie Mark Crusaders) will get there marks. Anyone have a prediction?

CMC will probably only get their marks temporarily like in The Cutie Pox. I really doubt they'd close off that many story opportunities for the CMC until the very last season of Friendship is Magic.

(edited)

CMC will probably only get their marks temporarily like in The Cutie Pox. I really doubt they'd close off that many story opportunities for the CMC until the very last season of Friendship is Magic.

Yeah, like an episode about one of the three core CMC getting her cutie mark before the other two won't lead to any intriguing plot developments. dry.png

Edited by immblueversion

Yeah, like an episode about one of the three core CMC getting her cutie mark before the other two won't lead to any intriguing plot developments. img-1507203-1-dry.png

There are still plenty of stories that can be told without any of the Crusaders getting their marks. My Little Pony is Hasbro's flagship brand, so Meghan and her team at DHX are in it for the long run.

It's not that I don't want the CMC to get their Cutie Marks, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. :/

There are still plenty of stories that can be told without any of the Crusaders getting their marks. My Little Pony is Hasbro's flagship brand, so Meghan and her team at DHX are in it for the long run.

It's not that I don't want the CMC to get their Cutie Marks, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. :/

And what if it's just one of them? There could be an episode showing one of the CMC facing a dilemma after getting her mark: should she continue going on cutie mark-getting escapades with her friends, or stop because she doesn't need to do those kinds of things anymore? And in the oh so very likely chance she'll pick the former, then they can do those kinds of stories you have in mind. Unless they involve the obtaining of cutie marks.

And what if it's just one of them? There could be an episode showing one of the CMC facing a dilemma after getting her mark: should she continue going on cutie mark-getting escapades with her friends, or stop because she doesn't need to do those kinds of things anymore? And in the oh so very likely chance she'll pick the former, then they can do those kinds of stories you have in mind. Unless they involve the obtaining of cutie marks.

That'll probably happen before all three get their cutie marks, but I still don't see it happening in Season 4. I'm almost willing to bet money on it.

THERE ARE PONIES!!!!

*Cue the Dun Dun Duuun*

No but seriously, we don't know a lot about it. We know Twily got some wings and she going to practice some flying. But as for everything else no one knows for sure. Its coming out in December so it's going to be a while 'till some info comes out about it.

We know that the season opener will be more or less a straight continuation of the Coronation storyline (barring Equestria Girls), and that there will be an episode dealing with disability. My money's on Scootaloo being the focus of that one.

so i was wondering how much does everybody know except that it has 26 episodes in it

and that it will most likely (just like every other season) will start off with a new nemesis for the start of the season 

Everything we 'know' about S4 so far can be found in the 'Season 4 Preview & Info [spoilers]' thread, found pinned at the top of Show Discussion :3 There, people post all new info that comes out regarding S4 in any way. I've merged your topic, 'What do we know about S4?' with it.

We know that the season opener will be more or less a straight continuation of the Coronation storyline (barring Equestria Girls), and that there will be an episode dealing with disability. My money's on Scootaloo being the focus of that one.

Well, if not Scootaloo, I'd bet it would, oddly enough, be Derpy.

think about it, there was already controversy involving Derpy having been supposedly offensive to the disabled.

this would be a great way to re-introduce Derpy as an actual cast member rather than a 'Where's Waldo' style cameo in a way that can come across as more respectful and address how you can look pass someone's disability and find a friend in said person, or even how you can make friends even with a disablity.

Heck, they can have Derpy's crossed-eyes BE the disability addressed, which can justify her clumsiness 'cause it can be because she has difficulty seeing properly. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, if not Scootaloo, I'd bet it would, oddly enough, be Derpy.

think about it, there was already controversy involving Derpy having been supposedly offensive to the disabled.

this would be a great way to re-introduce Derpy as an actual cast member rather than a 'Where's Waldo' style cameo in a way that can come across as more respectful and address how you can look pass someone's disability and find a friend in said person, or even how you can make friends even with a disablity.

Heck, they can have Derpy's crossed-eyes BE the disability addressed, which can justify her clumsiness 'cause it can be because she has difficulty seeing properly.

I don't think that's the wisest decision. We all know that her silly and sometimes cartoonish behavior is played for laughs, but pinning it on an actual disability will feel misplaced, and it would prove the people who didn't like her because they thought she had a disability right.

Not only that, but Scootaloo being disabled is much more meaningful, because it provides context and nuance to character we all already know.

• Brohoof 2

Everything I am about to say is, of course, my opinion, you are always welcome to object to it.

Season 3 is not a real season in my eyes. Did it have a couple of decent episodes? Sure, but let's face it, season 3 was Hasbro's slave to push out new toys. MLP:FIM was created only to sell more toys, and that's it, but luckily sense Lauren Faust, AKA the queen of everything awesome was put in charge of it, the show did not suck, because she wanted it to actually be...*GASP* good. 

However, the sole reason for the show's creation is still there, and it's expected that hasbro would abuse it once and a while.

I have very high hopes that season 4 will be awesome, and the fact that it's 26 episodes is a very good start.

Well, considering Ian Corlett saying that Claire was singing for Sweetie Belle now and a few days later, him tweeting to Brian Drummond that today was Claire's "big show", perhaps Sweetie Bell will recognize her special talent as singing in S4?